No announcement yet.

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jealous of your epic bar! They still won't ship up to Canada! :-( Im glad to see that you're back. Been trying for to stay on the forums more often but it's difficult when I'm not at a computer all the time. Even now I'm posting from my phone. We missed you on the forums though! Well at least I did for sure! (can't speak for everyone else)
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• I've missed you guys. I was trying to break myself of being on the computer all the time. I've missed reading other peoples posts.
      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Well, this morning's weather turned out a little bit warmer for the dog walk and I'm sure Roxy was happy about that!

I didn't do as well yesterday with my resolve, but that's ok. I'm not going to beat myself up over it I have found that eating bacon and eggs in the morning keeps me full for a longer period of time. This is good because my actual lunch time usually isn't until at least 5 hours after I eat in the morning. Now to just work on making sure that my lunch is big enough to keep me full until I have time to cook dinner. I think that once I get that part down, I should be ok.

I tried something a little different last night and I'm not sure what my taste buds think. I bought some already made butternut squash, organic and low sodium, soup and ate it with the chicken that I had prepared last night for dinner. I added some sour cream to it. I like the idea of a little sour cream in there, but I think that I'll stick to my own homemade butternut squash soup.

Time to get some soup bones from the local butcher! I think that I have enough bone broth for the recipe that I was going to make this week, but I need more!

The financial class went well last night. I've got to take the first step, which is a bit scary for me, but I'm going to do it! If I can do Primal, I can do this I hope that you all have a blessed day!
        Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• I am so thankful for yesterday evening! We had so many new women show up to our Single Moms Bible study I really hope to get to make some new friends through this!

I did stick to it yesterday and I'm pretty proud of myself about it We had dinner almost right after I picked up Gabi from school since we were both sort of hungry. I think that I was more so than she was. I've been trying to advise her to eat when she's hungry and only until she's full. I used to want her to eat everything that she had on her plate, but it doesn't bother me that much these days.

Well, I got a small amount of spring training in from Roxy this morning, lol. Now I know that this could be filled under "Don't do stupid things", but normally she's good about behaving herself when I open the front door to air out the apartment while I'm cooking breakfast. Not this morning. Cat got the better of her and I had to chase after her! She's lucky that I love her so much or she would have been in her crate all day today. I'll just have to use the back door from now on. I normally use the front door since it's so close to the kitchen.

I wonder what the rest of today is going to bring, lol. I hope that you all have a blessed day today!

Comment

• Man, I discovered this cinnamon/ginger tea at a local coffee shop last night and that stuff was potent! I'll bet that I could brew that in some coconut milk to make it like that other tea that Mark has a recipe for on here. The ginger kicked my throats rear end It was good to get together with other adults and chat last night. We didn't do small group study because so many of us were going to miss it.

I did get another Epic bar yesterday afternoon because I knew that I would be having dinner a little later. I like the bison one the best. It's not too much to be a full meal and it's much tastier than the beef one!

Today starts day one of our budget so I down sized my breakfast portion. Hey, who knows? This might just help with dropping a few pounds. Now, we did still make our Friday morning store run, but because I ate breakfast at home I saved a few bucks. I'm a bit bummed about not buying some foods organic for a while, but I've got to get it under control. So, looks like more washing of certain foods and leaner cuts of other ones for a bit. Some foods I will not compromise on, but I think that we can make this work.

I think that Roxy is enjoying more walks everyday and I am too. The past few mornings have brought some slightly warmer temps. This weekend is supposed to be nice, so I'm planning on getting some hiking in Wildcat Bluff is having a class on insects tomorrow and I plan on going. I'm sort of interested in this stuff. I'll be bringing my notebook and maybe asking plenty of questions!

Time to get back to work! Have a blesse day everyone!

Comment

• Sometimes buckling down on budget is difficult to do... especially when you have to reevaulate the quality of food that you are eating. You made the right decision though- people often focus on paleo as "the food" but paleo is about the whole package and that includes stress. If you're able to balance out the stress of finances while keeping the food within the bounds of a healthy lifestyle you'll be better set in a more balanced lifestyle than the best source of food and diminishing finances. Good call!
              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• I don't know if you were reading along when I did my SNAP challenge last fall. (Spending what the average person receiving food stamps receives on your groceries- 3.50/day.) That portion-control thing gets old real fast! Seriously, good luck with the budgetting. It is a good discipline(says the one who does not have it).

Comment

• Thanks Sabine and Ecks for the information/advice! Yes, this budgeting thing is a bit of a bugger, but I know that I can do this. I thought Primal this morning and how I can apply some of the same principals from Primal to finances and also my spiritual life (which technically falls in Primal somewhere). It's not just a "diet" but a way of life. Ramsey kept harping on the same idea about finances in his book. Coincidence? I think not

It's been a beautiful day today! I took Roxy out for her morning walk before I went to a class on insects over at Wildcat Bluff. I went for a nice hike afterwards and did a little journaling on things that I'm thankful to God for. I found the perfect sitting spot for that out there I managed to stick to my guns yesterday about food, even though I could have eaten more than I needed to. Thank goodness!

I'm about to take a break for a little bit to just chill out. I hope that you all have a blessed day today!

Comment

• I am so glad that I stuck to only eating when I was hungry yesterday. SO took me out to dinner last night at a Japanese steak house deal. I ordered steamed rice, but the rest of the food was fried in their fat. We did go out dancing afterwards though, so I don't really feel too bad bad about it. Nothing like some two stepping and waltzing to work off at least part of the meal, lol! I had a great time dancing because I really enjoy doing that.

Today is the day to get the grocer shopping done for the week..... I know I can do this! I just finished going through the fridge and our very limited pantry supply (this always makes me smile ). I still have quite a bit that I can use for this week, so I think that this will help when I go to shop. Now to just be intentional and remember that I've got a budget! I can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had thought about going to Palo Duro Canyon to go for a hike today, but I can't because I've actually got stuff to do today. Book club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO WOO! I can't wait to see my ladies and talk about books that we might want to read Another part of Primal, getting in time with friends!

Comment

• Hi Alessandra! Glad you're back. I read back a few pages to catch up. I am not spending as much time on the forum as I would like either...I could seriously spend all day here!!! Budgets suck...but unless one is independently wealthy they are a necessary thing for us poor folks!

Have a wonderful day!!
                      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Hey there primalcajun! I'm glad to be back

Yesterday was a day of listening, learning, and laughter! Church message was one that I think I always need to hear, so that was a blessing. Took a little cat nap before getting the grocery shopping done mostly because I needed some rest and because I didn't want to eat lunch early when I wasn't hungry. The only problem was that I was late getting going on the shopping, lol. I enjoyed seeing my book club ladies and got a good laugh session in while we were hanging out.

B.F. and mom's church had their Epiphany pageant and spaghetti dinner last night. They had gluten free pasta and bread available because there are quite a few people there that are gluten free. Normally I stay away from the stuff all together, but B.F.'s youth group worked hard on their meal last night so I ate it. The bread was pretty good! B.F. got onto one of the kids because the kid went to serve me the G.F. bread with the tongs that he used on the regular bread, but I told him it was cool. I guess I might still need to explain it better to him because I'm not actually allergic to the stuff, but I do know people at the church who are. I think I'm pretty lucky with this one

We are supposed to have some more warm winter weather (ha ha ha ha ) this week which means more time outdoors! Gabi and I are starting back up at the gym, but I think that I will limit my time to free weights and the rowing machine. I love rowing machines One day I will have my own kayak and water close by to use it. Have a blessed day all!

Comment

• Phew! Monday was definitely an interesting day Gabi and I did manage to make it to the gym last night. I enjoyed using the rowing machine. I think 10 minutes is a good starting point for now.

I did mess up a bit on my meals yesterday because I "thought" that I was hungry. I have, soon to be tossed, some of mom's gluten free ginger cookies in the back of my truck cab because I was supposed to bring them to work. I didn't need them, but I'm not going to kick myself in the butt too much over it.

I'm taking on more walking again, even if the weather is cold. Roxy and I are just going to have to bundle up and tough it out in the mornings! Now, if I could just remember where I put Beep Beep (my watch/step counter/heart rate moniter)..... I forgot where I put it down last. I think that I will try to keep track of my steps, but not distance.

That's all for now! Have a blessed day!

Comment

• How cold is it getting in Texas these days? I know you had snow before but right now it's above freezing point here and starting to get warm. Today is supposed to get up to 32 degrees F (I belive that's the conversion... it's easier near the freezing point to convert +1 Celsius) though I guess around here that's light hoodie weather. If even.

Comment

• It's warm enough for a light jacket in the shade. The only issue is the wind where I'm at. That's not alwasy the case in Dallas though.

Comment

• So since you said hello to me on my brand new journal I thought I would return the favor. Can we follow ppl on this thing or what?
                                All time high weight 262 lbs
                                Primal since Spring 2012
                                Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
                                Current Weight: 220lbs ish
                                Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
                                All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

Working...
                                X