No announcement yet.

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did an ice cream over the weekend as well... frozen banana, fresh strawberry, and a touch of milk to soften it all up. Threw it in a food processor and used blueberries for mix'ins

I'm jealous that you have a canyon close enough by that you could go for hikes. Best I've got is man made forest trails. Gotta love the barefoot walks! And the stares people give you to go with them
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• My friends ask me why I barefoot. Well, why not? I like it.
      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• I tried something last night that I'm not sure we're going to do again. Gabi and I took Roxy to the free music in the park thing. She might have been okay had we not sat directly behind a family with two small dogs. She didn't attack anyone, but she was ready to go at a moments notice. She did get spoiled with some lamb meat balls though

I'm beginning to think that the summer months are when I really want fruit more than I do vegetables. There seems to be a wider variety available to try out. I did roast of some figs last night, but I think that I should have let them stay in the oven a little longer to get a little crisp to them. I think I've also realized that when it's approaching that time of the month I get a craving for cheese along with chocolate. Mostly like a good sharp cheddar cheese. Thankfully Market Street United has one that is absolutely outstanding.

Tuesday July 2nd
        Meal 1: Sausage and spinach
        Meal 2: Leftover from the roast chicken that I had cooked up last week. Salad and one avocado
        Snack: Some sharp cheddar cheese and one Raw Evolution bar
        Meal 3: Lamb meatballs, some roasted figs, some cherries, and some pineapple
        Exercise: One morning dog walk.
        Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• You going to risk taking roxy to fireworks tomorrow night? I know the pups at the place I'm staying at were freaked out by fireworks going off around the house. We didn't take them out to fireworks but any time neighborhood fireworks went off they got upset.
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Oh no, I wouldn't take my dog near fireworks. The fact that other people will be out at these places with their dogs and fireworks is just a recipe for disaster. We went to the ball game that night instead.

Comment

• Man o man has it been just a little crazy at my place over the past few days! We had a very busy weekend and yesterday didn't seem to slow down too much either.

Gabi and I walked a new trail out PDC called the Rock Garden Trail. I'll post pictures later on when I remember to take my camera upstairs. We have new downstairs neighbors who have a dog. I'm back to planning my meals out for the evenings because it's much easier for me to get things done that way. I've opted to let some night shades back in from time to time and to let myself have eggs once in a while. Tonight I'm going to cook up some moussaka using the recipe that Mark has on this site. Oh yeah! Gabi and I are going to run, that's right run, a 5K together. It's a Zombie 5k that is being held in October. That gives me plenty of time to train right. She's pretty excited about it as well.

Man, I had a little bit of a nasty headache try to creep up on me. I managed to keep it at bay with some coffee, but I ended up adding some chocolate to it because I just can't do regular coffee with only creamer. The headache went away, thankfully, but I was HYPER!

Monday July 8th
              Meal 1: Cod and some sauteed green bell pepper cooked in bacon grease. 4 pcs bacon
              Meal 2: I had some leftovers of some chicken that I had cooked a few days prior, but something was off. That threw off the rest of my meal, so I barely touch the salad that I had put together
              Drink that I conside a snack: Coffee with some chocolate
              Snack at home because I was hungry: Sharp white cheddar cheese
              Meal 3: Hot pastrami and side salad from Jason's Deli
              Drinks: Water, coffee, and tea
              Exercise: Sprint training with Roxy on our morning walk; 3 sets of 10 pushups, 16 lunges out, 50 crunchies, & 16 lunges back; Upper body day at the gym

Gym note: When I go to the gym sometimes I see these buff chicks so I use them as my motivation because they are usually lifting heavier than most of the other women are. They don't seem to be afraid of gaining muscle and that's awesome. I got there a little later than usual because we did our grocery shopping yesterday. That meant the chicks that I usually see there weren't there or were leaving. So, I ended up using this guy as my motivation because he wasn't piddling around. He was getting it done son! That's awesome to me. I'm not a fan of the people that hang out in groups and take forever to get through 1 set.

Ciao!

Comment

• Wow did I need some serious sleep last night. I was ready to pass out by the time Gabi and I got home last night. I wonder if adding cherries to the virgin colada that I made last night helped out just a little bit.

I made one of Gabi's favorite dishes last night, but I think I used the wrong recipe. I used the one that I like versus the one that she likes. I won't really have a chance to make it again for a few more weeks because she is about to be gone for a while come next Monday. This might be one of those times where I feel like I failed as a mom, but I'll get over it.

Tuesday July 10th
                Meal 1: 3 fried eggs, 4 pcs bacon, and some sauteed spinach
                Meal 2: 2 home mixed sausages with some salad and homemade dressing
                Snack: Some parm cheese and a handful of cashews heated with some unsalted Kerry Gold Butter, and a few fried (not breaded) slices of eggplant
                Meal 3: Moussaka using Marks recipe
                Drinks: Water, the last bit of iced tea in the fridge, and my own version of a pina colada sans alcohol. It's a mix of cut up pineapple, ice, some canned coconut milk, and this time I added some frozen cherries.
                Exercise: Morning dog walk and then a 1m run in the evening.

Comment

• WOO WOO! Check out the birthday cake that my small group leader made for me! It doesn't get any more gluten free than this! I think I ate about 1/4 of that cake because it was watermelon. The one time I pigged out on cake and didn't feel guilty about it. My birthday isn't until next Monday, but I think they wanted to make sure that I would actually be there for my cake this year since I missed it last year, lol.
                  Best birthday cake ever.jpg

Man did I have a hard time getting out of bed yesterday morning. I tried to convince myself that I could be up only an hour before I needed to be at work. My alarm failed to go off because my phone battery died. I still woke up at about the time that I needed to. Then I set my other alarm and went back to sleep. I knew that I wouldn't have to cook breakfast or lunch because I had leftovers. I fought with myself until I fell asleep again. The lesson that I learned is that I do have to be up a
                  few hours before work becuase I need the time to piddle around.

I did try Marks suggestion on the bath thing, again, last night. I also bought some Magnesium spray. I will say that I slept great last night. The only reason that I woked up in the middle of the night was because I had to go to the bathroom after eating so much watermelon. My muscles aren't as sore today. I like this idea with the warm bath better than the ice cold one, but the ice cold one is always nice after a run.

Wednesday July 10th
                  Meal 1: Brisket and Bacon. Two Raw Evolution bars.
                  Meal 2: roasted chicken and turkey with a small salad
                  Snack: Bearded Bros Chocolate coconut bar

Comment

• I have learned a lesson from yesterday: I must eat my veggies in the morning and afternoon or I will crave not so great food when I get home and not stop myself from eating it. I ate the rest of the Pirate's Booty puffs that I had bought for Gabi. It's done now, there's nothing that I can do about it. Sidenote: If you per chance decide to watch Episodes of Torchwood becuase you are a Doctor Who fan, don't watch it with your kids. NSFK's.

Does anyone have any suggestions on cooking stuff for a boxer? Roxy seems to be a little bit off lately. I switched her food because she basically decided she didn't like the other stuff. I noticed something was off with the bag of food that I usually by her when I went to the store last week. It doesn't give me an address for the company or even any information if it's imported. So I switched to the I and Love and You brand. It's made here in the states and there's information available for it. I know that doesn't guarantee that it's the best stuff, but it's a step in the right direction. Gabi told me yesterday that sometimes she just doesn't want to do much even when she's inside in the AC. It gets pretty hot here during the summer so we try to keep her cooled off inside. She was fine when I got home last night. Gabi will be leaving next Monday for a week, then next Saturday she will be gone for another 2 weeks with her Aunt. I wonder if Roxy has figured out that it's about to be just me and her.

Thursday July 11
                    Meal 1: 2 home mixed sausage patties and some bacon
                    Meal 2: Moussaka
                    Snack: Some cashews and then some of the puffs
                    Meal 3: 2 bison burgers
                    Drinks: Water with trace minerals added, some sea salt, and a splash of lemon. Regular water
                    Exercise: Morning dog walk

Comment

• I had a weekend filled with Non Paleo things and I'm not afraid to admit it. I went to a friends Bridal Shower on Saturday and she mentioned to me that none of the snacks were going to be gluten free. I informed her that I was aware that this would be the case. The party wasn't about me at all, so it's all good! My new skirt did enjoy some of my red velvet cake cupcake though, lol. So much so that it decided to keep some of the color as a reminder. I fixed that once I got home. I knew that this past weekend would happen the way that it did food wise. I've let it go and am moving on.

Gabi left this morning for her week in Colorado. When I got to work, there was a serving pan of ribs waiting for me at my work desk! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are about the best ribs you will ever taste in your life. They were a birthday present from one of my coworkers. He asked me if I was cool with him hooking them up with some bbq sauce and I said that was all right by me. I did manage to grab a salad at the store before getting into work since I knew that I would need some veggies.

Mom is taking me out to dinner tonight to a place that has some Primal friendly food on the menu. I don't plan on pigging out though. I need to make sure that I can take Roxy out for an evening walk since we didn't get to have ours this morning.

Comment

• I had such a great birthday yesterday! I was sad to let Gabi go off to CO without me for the week but glad that she's with church camp and much needed time with friends.

The ribs that I had for lunch were delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom took me out for dinner to Texas Roadhouse and we sat and chatted for a while. Man it was so nice to have an intellegent conversation with Mom and not hear anything about any health issues! That was probably a great birthday present. That and the fact that she avoided getting the entire place to sing me happy birthday was nice I ended the night at Barnes and Noble with a non Primal Lemon Bar. I'm not mad at myself for eating it, but I was slightly dissappointed with the crust of the bar. Maybe next time I will follow my instinct and not eat it? I think maybe I just won't have another one.....

My poor dog! I woke up to a nice little surprise from her All over the carpet. I couldn't really get mad at her because I could tell she wasn't feeling 100%. She's in her kennel for the day so that if she does get sick again, she doesn't get it everywhere. I hope she's feeling a little bit better by the time that I get home.

Monday July 15
                        Meal 1: Meat loaf and bacon and one raw evolution bar
                        Meal 2: Ribs and salad
                        Snack: Some rib tips
                        Meal 3: Salad, steak, mushrooms, and steamed veggies
                        Birthday snack: Lemon bar
                        Drinks: Water and unsweet tea.

Comment

• Happy belated birthday! So sorry I missed it being out in ecuador!

Also really glad to hear that mom didn't bring up any health problems... could it be a sign that they are fading?

Comment

• Ecks, no it's not a sign. It's mostly because I told her that she wasn't allowed that topic of conversation at my birthday dinner.

Ok, I started my official round 2 of Whole30 yesterday! I have nothing getting in the way this time. Gabi is gone for another two weeks. This will help me stay on target. Even when we go to pick her up from my sisters place at the end of the two weeks, I'm not going to get into trouble with this. I know that I will get hounded by said sister, but I'm not concerned about her opinion. She doesn't have to live with hypothyroidism.

I went to go see Shakespeare in the Canyon last night with some of my friends from my Wednesday study group. What an awesome performance by the cast! Most of them are members of the Texas musical drama that Palo Duro Canyon does every summer. The setting was a more intimate one and the props were minimal. I did get slightly distracted once or twice by some bats flying around. Now make no mistake that this scared me. I was hoping one of them would land somewhere close by, but no luck, lol. I also saw a fox on my home last night! I love foxes!

I did enjoy the last of my homemade mayonnaise last night. I am following the autoimmune Whole30, but I kind of think that since they are only concerned with the egg white, my mayo is a safe thing

July 22 Whole30 Day1
                            Meal 1: Mustard glazed chicken with sauteed mushrooms and onions
                            Meal 2: 1 bratwurst, some saurkraut, some salad with no dressing (not so good when there's radicchio involved), and some avocado
                            Snack: Some mayo and some veggie, but I can't remember what it was
                            Meal 3: Mustard glazed chicken
                            Exercise: Morning dog walk.

Comment

• I've gotta join you for a whole30... Been struggling with carbohydrates since getting home because half of the meals in ecuador were made with rice... and for some stupid (and delicious reason) I drank juice there. The juice was always fresh made so I figured why not? but now I know why not.

What's the basic recipe for your mustard chicken?

Comment

• Ecks, the mustard chicken recipe is fairly easy. It's from Pratcial Paleo cook books. I'll try to replicate it the best that I can on here.

8 chicken thighs with skin
                                4 tbsp butter or coconut oil
                                2 tbsp gluten free mustard
                                1 tsp of sage salt (ratio is 2:1 mix, I use sea salt)

I think the oven should be set to 425 F.

Make sure that your chicken is at room tempurature. Rinse, if needed, and pat dry. Melt the butter or coconut oil. Add the mustard and sage salt and stir until thick (it's not the same thickness with the coconut oil as it is the butter). Brush this over the chicken and cook for 45 minutes or until it reaches 165F.

I usually cook 4 pieces at a time, so you really only need to halve the recipe, which is pretty easy.

I'm trying a few new things this week while Gabi is gone. Mark had a post a while back about sleep and how people used to sleep for so many hours, get up and do stuff, then go back to sleep. I tried this out somewhat successfully yesterday. I woke up a few times before I needed to, but all in all it worked. I was less stressed about getting dinner together and getting stuff done around the apt the first time I woke up. It also allowed me a night walk with Roxy since it was too hot to walk her when the sun was still out. The second thing is my walking. I walk pigeon toed, which I've known for a long time. The thing that's the problem right now is the fact that my knees hurt when going back up the stairs to my apartment. I kept thinking that this was odd because I wasn't running and putting added stress on my knees. So I did some research online about the anatomy of my knee and the possible effects of pigeon toe walking. I also have problems with my feet from time to time. I'm not normally a heel-to-toe walker either. I'm trying this out right now. This means I have to be extremely mindful of my walking and remind myself to walk heel-to-toe. It's been working so far. My knees don't hurt as much and my inner thighs are getting a good workout like they should.

July 23, Whole30 Day2
                                Meal 1: Cod seasoned with salt, pepper, dill, and garlic powder with some sauteed mushrooms and onions
                                Meal 2: Pork chop seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, with some coconut aminos, salad, and watermelon balls with basil (YUMMY!)
                                Meal 3: Other pork chop wtih some pineapple
                                Meal 4: 1 homemixed burger and some bacon cooked sweet potato fries with 3 pieces of bacon. I might have been able to get away without this meal last night, but I was slightly hungry.
                                Exercise: One night walk with Roxy.

Comment

Working...
                                X