No announcement yet.

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm curious about the energy bar. I have a hard time finding energy bars that are even close to paleo let alone whole30
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Yeah, I have to start all over again today! Man, I don't know what got into me this past weekend. The last time that I did Whole30, I was able to control myself. However, those energy bars don't have the typical sweetner in them. They use dates in the whole form. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that being said, I have to start today. Maybe that's best for me anyway. It's a Monday and it's the beginning of the week. I didn't prep myself properly before the weekend hit to make sure that I had safety's available for the times that I might get hungry.

Saturday
      Meal 1: Homemade sausage patty with some leftover cucumber/carrot salad
      Snack: Brother's energy bar
      Meal 2: Corned beef/pastrami without bread and a good sized side salad from Jason's
      Meal 3: Steak and the rest of the fruit.
      Exercise: 4 mile walk in the morning with Roxy

Sunday:
      Meal 1: Last homemade sausage patty and the very last of the cucumber/carrot salad with some bacon
      Meal 2: Chicken chopped salad
      Meal 3: Beef Pot roast with some brussell sprouts, carrots, and then some au jus sauce
      Exercise: morning dog walk

I have more to share about my weekend, but I don't have time to type about it.
      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Roxy cut one of her dew claws on Sunday. This happened while we were waiting in the pen area at the dog park. I think she might have cut it when she put her paws up on the chain link fence. She's doing fine, with the exception of when I change the dressing out around the dew claw area. I'm going to make a vet appt to get them removed so that we don't have this happen again. She has to go in for her rabbies shots soon anyway.

I have learned that my hammock can bring some much needed peace when I've had a rough week at work. The pools are open since last weeks storm. I can get in some swimming time and some sun now too with that

I managed to cook up some seriously awesome food for dinner last night before going to the gym. The chicken was pretty juicy this time around. I finally found out that I can adjust the feet on the stove. The two front ones need to come down some because the oil is pooling in one particular spot in the pans whenever I cook.

Monday Whole30 Day1:
        Meal 1: Haddock fillet cooked in coconut oil, with sauteed shitake mushrooms and zucchini
        Meal 2: Leftover of mom's pot roast with some brussell sprouts, 1 avocado, some liverwurst, and a fresh carrot
        Meal 3: Lemony Rosemary chicken cooked in coconut oil. Steamed broccoli and some coconut milk from the can
        Drinks: Water and coconut milk
        Exercise: 1 short morning dog walk, 1 walk around the bldg at work, Lower Body at the gym.
        Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• Have you thought about getting Epic Bar as a good backup snack? It looks like Crossfit 806 in Amarillo sells them (According to Epic's website). The beef bars and turkey bars seem to be whole30 (the bison bars have brown rice sugar). May not be a bad option to keep on hand at work and at home for when you need a quick and balanced whole30 fix!

Jealous of your hammock! I need to buy one again (had one with an old roommate but it was his and he took it with him when he moved )

Hope you're not stressing too much about the whole30. You're doing well hun! Keep it up and don't lose sight! At the same time don't lose sight of why you're doing it- to recognize good and bad foods in your diet.
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• I do know the folks from Crossfit 806. I used to be a part of their gym for a few months. I couldn't keep up with their schedule though. They have moved to a different location that's right up the road from my place, I think. Maybe I will waltz over there one afternoon and see if they still sell the stuff.

I did do good with Whole30 yesterday even though I was tempted, just slightly, to fail. We ate at Jason's last night, but I took Gabi to Starbucks before that. She's been going through some stuff the past few days so I really needed to spend more time listening to her and not doing much else that would distract me from her. Cooking is actually one of those things because I get into a zone at times and she isn't always in the kitchen area when I cook. I did buy a new ceramic pan, like a 9" one from TJMaxx. I'm going to slowly replace my other pans including my cast irons (those have seen better days and one has some scented oil in it that I can't get out). I think just chilling with her last night did her some good. I'm really hoping that by the end of this week she's better.

Ecks, I think I'm going to recommend "Not a Fan" by Kyle Idleman to you and maybe the video study for you and a small group. So far the book is kicking my butt in a good way and it's really starting to help me tie the journal and video study together much better.

Tuesday Whole30 Day 2
            Meal 1: Pork chop with steamed yellow squash and sauteed mushrooms
            Meal 2: Leftover chicken, some leftover broccoli, some strawberries, some liverwurst, and 1 avocado
            Meal 3: Corned beef and pastrami with a side salad covered with EVOO and some squeezed lemon juice
            Drinks: water, unsweet tea, and some cocnut milk
            Exercise: Morning dog walk and one walk around the building at work.

Comment

• Yesterday was so much of a better day all around. I know that I don't get all sunshine and happy days all the time, but it sure is nice to catch a break once in a while! I managed to get in some sun at the pool before going to the gym and then heading to my studay group.

Wednesday Whole30 Day 3
              Meal 1: Brisket, some bacon, and some mixed berries
              Meal 2: Chicken and some more bacon with salad topped with olive oil and an avocado on the side
              Snack since I knew that group would be later: 1 chicken apple sausage and some plantain chips
              Meal 3: Some sausage and some fruit. I ate quite a few cherries last night!
              Exercise: Morning dog walk, one walk around the work building, and upper body at the gym.
              Drinks: Water and unsweet tea

Comment

• Your day sounds outstanding! I would love to just spend time by the pool! I will definitely check out not a fan!

I'm curious to see if the "quite a few cherries" you mentioned in your food lead to better sleep. I was reading an article the other day talking about how cherries are a potent source of external melatonin. Did you notice any change to your sleep last night? Did you sleep deeper?

Comment

• I did sleep quite deeply last night. My alarm frightened me this morning. I figured it's because I asked for better sleep last night

Comment

• It seems in strange ways he delivers... Even if it is through a bucket load of cherries

Comment

• I won't complain about a bowl full of cherries to help me sleep

Another quieter day was had by all in my area at work. Thank goodness for that! I did get a very small headache and decided a nap was the better option when I got home. That seemed to work fine. I made some stuff for our potluck today. They guys really love the bacon wrapped sausage stuffed dates so they ask for them every time now. I also made some lemony lamb dolmas this time around. One of my guys says it's hippie food, lol.

Thursday Whole 30 Day4
                      Meal 1: 2 Chicken and Apple sausages with sauteed mushrooms and I think one other veggie
                      Meal 2: Leftover of the chicken from the other night, some leftover squash, and one avocado
                      Snack: I think I had the last sausage
                      Meal 3: 1/2 New York Yankee sans bread and cheese with side salad
                      Taste test of the cooked food: one date and two dolmas
                      Drinks: water and unsweet tea

Ecks, I'm thinking that from now on I will only get as much as I know I'm going to eat when it comes to veggies and probably meat too. I've been thinking about going on a missionary trip (got to get mine and Gabi's passports) when one comes up. So I thought to myself I need to only eat what I actually need. Plenty of people have less than what I do, so it's not a good idea to go with more if I don't need it. I hate seeing wasted food on my plate. I can control how much I put on my salad plate. I think the only thing I don't mind wasting are the chips.

Comment

• I have a feeling that a missions trip will help solidify your mindset. I'm curious to see how it'll effect me. There are 30 days left til I leave! Crazy!

It's hard to shop for only what you're going to eat. I often find myself tossing some meat in the freezer mid week to keep it from going bad then I end up buying more of that meat the next week instead of defrosting... It really is an issue that I should be addressing!

Comment

• Ecks, let's hope so!

Friday was a decent day with some relaxation involved in there somewhere. We had a potluck at work, but I stayed away from looked like a no no. Will say that I ate quite a few of my dolmas on Friday for meal 2 and meal 3.

We went to Splash Amarillo on Saturday and I may have overdosed on some Vitamin D, but it was worth it. Today has just been a chill day. I moved the small compost bin from my back porch to the front one so that it's in my line of site when the door is open. My goal is to dump this every other week into mom's composter if I need to.

Friday Whole 30 Day 5
                          Meal 1: Bacon, brisket, and some berries.
                          Meal 2: Bacon wrapped sausage stuffed dates, dolmas, some more brisket that was freaking good, and some veggies
                          Meal 3 and snack at various times: Dolmas
                          Exercise: Morning dog walk

Saturday Whole30 Day 6
                          Meal 1: Bacon and some other meat with some veggies
                          Meal 2: Pastrami and corned beef with side salad
                          I didn't have a meal 3. My day was all sorts of off because I didn't go by my usual schedule
                          Snack: Plantains again.
                          Exercise: Going to the water park? I think that might just count.

Comment

• I feel the need to headsmack my mom just a little bit after yesterday. The thing is, I need to remember that she's still new to Primal. This is the reply that I received when I told her that I can't have sugar right now unless it's naturally occuring: "Well, there's not very much in the brownies, just a little stuff." I had to tell her again that I couldn't have any sugar or any extra sweeteners right now. Then she asked me why and I had to tell her that I'm doing Whole30 again and that means NO ADDED SWEETENERS. I hate turning down a brownie, but right now is not a good time for those, even if she makes it gluten-free while she is still using canola oil...... I still love her. I know that she means well, but I have to say no.

Sunday Whole30 Day 7
                            Meal 1: Bacon, steak, and sauteed zucchini
                            Meal 2: Salmon and a side salad with some plantains
                            Meal 3: Pork chop, some green peas, raw cucs and carrots.
                            Drinks: water and tea

Comment

• Oddly enough the whole30 group allows for canola... I'm not sure why... Their justification is that it's in every restaurant and that you can't really avoid it. I'm not sure I buy that.

The Official "Can I Have..." Guide to the Whole30 | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Comment

• Hmmm. I'm still weary of it.

I have to go off Whole30 today. I've got a bit of a cold that could turn into a worse if I'm not careful. My immune system was already down the other day from sun burn and the monthly friend visitation. I went with a friend to the doctors office for her to checked for a few things and it turns out one of those things was the beginning of strep. I don't have it, yet. I can't stay home from work right now either because we are already down 2 people. Did I mention that we're working 10 hour days until Friday? YES! This is the best time for me to be under the weather. So right now, I'm using herbal stuff that I have available, but I know some of it has some form of sweetener in it even if it's a neglegable amount. I'm also using some raw honey in tea. I sort of want to punch something or yell out my frustrations because this means that I have to start all over again! I tried to get some rest yesterday when I got home, but that didn't happen until bed time.

Monday Whole30 Day 8
                                Meal 1: Pork chop, bacon, and some sauteed spinach
                                Meal 2: 3 hard boiled egg yolks (which are rather creamy if they just in between hard and soft boiled), salad with lettuce, endive, carrots, cucumbers, and beets. Homemade vinagrette
                                Meal 3: Some roasted chicken skin and meat with some plantains again (I'm done with my monthly visitor, so I don't think I'll be craving more carbs today)
                                Drinks: Water, tumeric tea, and some regular canned coconut milk

Comment

Working...
                                X