No announcement yet.

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I bought a star fruit today. I'm going to try it tomorrow and see what happens. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Hmm, star fuit verdict is still not available. I had a small piece of it this morning before I left for work, but I don't feel that was enough to give an honest opinion.

I had an interesting weekend. I'm not going to post all of the stuff that I ate because I don't remember. I just know that I did eat a whole thing of coconut ice cream on Saturday night. I now remember why I don't buy the stuff.... Man that stuff is good..... I read the label and checked the ingredients. All seemed safe before waltzing over to the check out lane. I think I must have forgotten at least 3 times this past weekend that I needed more toothpaste. Of course I remembered whenever I needed more toothpaste I finally bought some more yesterday and also purchased a mouth rinse that I'm supposed to use while I'm actually brushing my teeth. The only problem was that I left it downstairs in my truck. I'll give it a go later on today.

Roxy is getting a little bit better with her walks and paying mind to me when I tell her to come back. I tried explaining how that works to Gabi, but I think I may have picked the wrong time to do that! Taking her into Petsmart and attempting to show Gabi how to proplerly get her settle isn't a good idea. There's no hope for that right now. I will say that I got a good laugh.... We bought her a new bouncy ball to play with. It never gets old watching her play with that thing! We just have to remember to hide it from her when it's bed time. Mostly in a place where she can't see it. Beside Gabi's bed is not one of those places, lol.

On Saturday we went to a fly in/airshow type of deal at one of the local grass airfields out here. There was free breakfast available. That meant just bacon and eggs for myself. Plenty of old school and new school birds to take a look at and some stunt flying with a Pitts Special. We missed the flower bombing stuff because we were both ready to get going.

I finally visited the greenhouse that was right up the road from the airfield. WOW! I was in a little slice of heaven! So many plants and they all looked so healthy They sell local potting soil and plenty of other local items. Oh yeah, they had a boxer that was slightly bigger than Roxy but with almost the same coloring. He was so chill! I coudln't believe it! I brought home some rosemary and lavender. We might get a hibiscus, but I'm not sure right now. I've got to buy a planter for that.

I managed to harvest up some earth worms on my Sunday morning walk with Roxy. There was a section of grass that had just been watered maybe an hour or so before. Some of the earthworms were wiggling their way across the sidewalk. I had seen this before a few weeks back, but I didn't have anything to take them home with. This time I had some of Roxy's poop bags. I think I managed about 15-20 earthworms. Most of them were little ones, but I found at least one medium sized one. They are now scattered in the planters! I'm ready for next Sunday so that I can get some more

Mom made an excellent meal yesterday evening for dinner! Instead of mashed potatoes, she mashed up celery root. YUM! That's part of my lunch today
      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• I had a great day yesterday! I did get a little anxious about something with Gabi, but that worked itself out. I'm trying to let her do more stuff with her friends and not get in the way of her hanging out with them. This is sort of tough for me because I worry about influence, but I have to trust her more.

I started the WOW's again. This time I decided to start at the bottom of the archives because that looked familiar to me. Calf muscles are TIGHT right now!

I didn't get to cook the duck because it was still slightly frozen. I'm hoping that tonight will be the night. I ended up with leftover cuban burgers for dinner. I had a bit of a nasty headache last night so I took some stuff for it. I didn't want to do that on an empty stomach. That meant I had dinner a little bit earlier.

Did you know that if you leave your windows rolled down just ever so slightly that a smaller breaker bar car reach through that to unlock a door? I found this out yesterday with the one that I keep in my truck for oil changes. It ended up helping a guy in the parking lot at our gym!

Monday Apr 29
        Meal 1: 2 smaller home mixed sausage patties and some carrots
        Meal 2: Leftover ribs from Saturday (yum!) and then the leftover veggies from dinner at mom's house
        Meal 3: Cuban burgers and two slices of liverwurst. No veggies or fruit because I just wanted a quick nap after taking the headache stuff
        Drinks: Water
        Exercise: Morning AND evening dog walk. One walk around the building. The very first WOW and upper body at the gym (my triceps are a bit sore this morning from so many pushups)

Comment

• I used to leave my key's in the car all the time. The solution was actually to push down the window until I could get a small slit, put a fork in the slit, then pry the window forward and unlock the (manual) lock with a coat hanger. I was master at breaking into my own car!
          SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
          Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
          Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
          Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• I was able to pull the window out some with my old Neon. If I stuck a wallet in the slit area, there was just enough space for me to reach through with my arm and unlock the door. On my truck, my antenna doubles as a way to get the door unlocked. It's sort of bent at the top now.

Comment

• There is a possibility that I may have gone overboard with the weights the other day at the gym. The thing is, I don't care! I was so excited to be able to lift 35lbs for the bent over row that it didn't matter to me that I might hurt in the morning. The only reason why I used that weight instead of 30 is because all the 30's were gone!

Yesterday was a long and ardous day for me at work and at home. However, by the end of the day all had worked itself out. I am grateful to God that it did.

The duck has to wait until tomorrow for cooking. I won't have time for it today because we have group tonight. I'm ready for some good duck fat to cook with!

Tues Apr 30
              Meal 1: Mustard Glazed Chicken with some carrots (my go to veggie in the mornings)
              Meal 2: Mustard glazed chicken, some berries and a stalk of celery (celery boats with berries are quite nice!)
              Snack: A few pieces of liverwurst
              Meal 3: Fish! Yum! I bought Mark's sauce book thing and used one of the recipes for that. Good stuff Steamed yellow squash
              Exercise: Morning dog walk and one walk around the building. Leg day weight training at the gym.

Comment

• Doing a whole duck or just the breasts?
                Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• The whole duck

Comment

• That's a chore... at least 4 hours or so! Post on how it goes!

Comment

• Oh, it's not that big! It's usually about 2 hours.

Side note: Let the crazy Texas Panhandle weather begin! It's about to snow in a few hours.....

Comment

• Woo! Make a snowman!

Comment

• NO SNOW! Oh well, at least I didn't have to get up earlier this morning to get to work on time. I was kind of half hoping that we would get white out conditions like they said we might get. No luck

Something odd happened yesterday when I went to go donate blood. My blood pressure was too low. It was 97/48. It doesn't normally get that low. However my blood pressure is usually on the lower end. I couldn't donate yesterday. They did say that I could come back again today or tomorrow or whenever to donate. The last time my bp was almost too high. That was a little over 2 months ago.

Wednesday May 1st
                          Meal 1: 2 homemade sausage patties and a few pieces of bacon with some carrots
                          Meal 2: Leftover fish with the leek sauce and the rest of the steamed yellow squash
                          Snack because I thought I would be donating blood: Liverwurst and some cheese
                          Meal 3: Paleo crepes that someone made for group, strawberries, and a salad bar trip from Jason's Deli
                          Drinks: Water, honey sweetened tea, and some kefir in the morning
                          Exercise: Morning dog walk and that's it.

Comment

• Are you getting enough salt in your diet? One of the dangers of going paleo is that we go from such a high salt count in SAD boxed foods to very low salt count in our diets. Iodized salt might need to make it's way back into your diet.

As sisson puts it- being best friends with your salt shaker will never equal the amount of salts in processed foods.

Comment

• I am drinking about a teaspoon of salt in my electrolyte water every day, and my blood pressure was still lower this last time I got it checked. It had begun creeping upwards a few years ago. Now I am back to a nice normal.

Comment

• I use salt in most of my recipes. I might have used too much in the duck recipe yesterday. It was sea salt, but not the already granulated stuff. I usually have to grind it up in the coffee grinder. Speaking of the duck! I bought some mexican cinnamon the other day because I wanted to try this other kind. The sticks are bit flakier than the other stuff that I buy. WOW! That stuff packs some heat! I ground up some of the mexican sticks and some of the regular stuff. Then I mixed them up. The aroma was rather strong yet extremely pleasing to the nose I guess I could have gone without the pepper in the recipe..... That stuff was a bit hot, but it didn't over power the rest of the flavors

The worship choir is singing again this weekend at church! The worship team leader is thinking about doing this once a month and I'm completely cool with it. We get to get up there, sing praises to God, and lead the church in worship , but it's only a once a month commitment. That's probably best right now. I'm also hoping it will inspire me to start writing again. I'm not so good with getting music to lyrics yet, but I know I'll get there

OH YEAH! Gabi's choir received all One's at the Greater Southwest Music Festival yesterday! I was a little worried for her because she's had a cough and a bit of a sore throat the past few days. She said they did a great job. I'm so proud of them!

Thursday May 2
                                Meal 1: Eggs with some real actual uncured bacon
                                Meal 2: Chicken Apple Sausages with homemade salad and some feta cheese
                                Meal 3: Not the best meal of the day, but I'm not worried about it. Chocolate Coconut Secret Bar and some Larabar. I didn't have time to eat dinner before I left for practice because the duck was still roasting. I got a late start. I did have most of the skin off the top when I got home.

Comment

Working...
                                X