No announcement yet.

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did make it to work and ended up staying late to make up some of the time. I only had to use 2 hours of vacation. That's good because Gabi and I are headed to FL in a couple of weeks! I can't wait to go see some more of the other side of her family. I'm not going with the expectation of making best friends. I'm really going so that Gabi can meet more of them and maybe learn more about herself.

Sabine, I didn't get started on the walking to the store thing yesterday because getting home from work was a bit of a task. I will go for it today. Wednesday night group is not meeting tonight so I have a little bit more time on my hands. I guess I'll take Gabi home and then walk up to the store. I'll give myself a smaller amount to start off with since it's mostly for dinner stuff.

Tuesday Whole30 Day 21
    Meal 1: Oven baked pork chop seasoned with the Italian Sausage seasoning and cooked in coconut oil. 1 sausage patty. 1/2 small spaghetti squash
    Meal 2: Some leftover beef and chicken, 1 avocado. I forgot to pack vegetables, but I was pretty full from the meat and fat
    Meal 3: 2 1/4lb lambburgers seasoned with rosemary, oregano, lemon, crushed garlic, salt and pepper; some homemade sweet potato fries (I only needed one sweet potato for this) oven baked in coconut oil, and some steamed green beans.
    Drinks: Water and coconut oil
    Exercise: Not much other than some push ups and digging snow out from around my truck then trying to get it unstuck.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Would you consider Gabi's family to be your own as well or would you categorize them as just hers?
      SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
      Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
      Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
      Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Well, I don't really know them all that well. I mean, some of them are on my fb page. It's just hard for me for a few reasons, mostly because her father and I were never married or in any sort of real relationship with each other.
        Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• Fair enough I guess. I really do hope that you're able to warm up to them still when you meet them. praying it all goes well!
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

• Me too, Ecks, me too. It's not that I don't want to warm up to them. It's just that I think I'm judging myself based on what I think they will think about me. Most of the time I don't care what people think about me. This time it's different for me. Of course, vacation is also going to also depend on the looming sequestration. If I don't have a job then we don't get to go.

Wednesday Whole30 Day 22
            Meal 1: Broiled Salmon and some broc/cauli chowder
            Meal 2: Sausage patty & 2 Chicken Apple Sausages from Applegate (I found out later that those were recalled due to plastic possibly entering into the food. Eh well, life goes on), leftover sweet potato fries and steamed green beans
            Snack: Shredded coconut
            Meal 3: 3 pcs prosciutto, 2 mustard glazed chicken thights, and some steamed broccoli
            Drinks: Water and coconut milk
            Exercise: WALKED TO THE STORE!

Sabine, today I'm going to walk to the mall because I need some more lotion. It's not as far as the store, but it's a good start.

Comment

• Man o man was yesterday a long and crazy day at work. There are certain jobs that I hate doing because they are time consuming and sometimes you don't know whether you are actually done with them or not. I'm so glad that we had group last night. My friend Amy hosted so all the food provided was primal. I still coudln't have some things, but I enjoyed the heck out of the stuff that I could since I was still looking for some veggies and maybe a little fruit for dinner...... Strawberries and toasted coconut are yumm....

Thursday Whole30 Day23
              Meal 1: Some of my steak, 4 pcs bacon, and no veggies. I didn't have time. I did my weigh in yesterday. No peeking!
              Meal 2: 1/2 a pork chop, the last chicken thigh from Wednesday night, and some broccoli
              Snack after walking to the mall and back: 1 sausage and some shredded coconut
              Meal 3: Thanksgiving Style meatballs using ground turkey, seasoning, shredded carrots, onion, and celery, and then some olive oil. Some dehydrated sweet potato chips, strawberries, and toasted coconut!
              Water, canned coconut milk, and some cucumber water that Amy made. Yum!
              Exercise: Walk to the mall and back.

Comment

• Can I comment on how much I love your new display pic? You're one pretty gal

Comment

• Originally posted by ecks View Post
                  Can I comment on how much I love your new display pic? You're one pretty gal
                  Thank you!

Another crazy day at work, but it was over at 15:30 yesterday. Gabi went to her friends house for a birthday party and I chilled for the night. I cooked myself up some fish with mushrooms and onions for dinner. I kind of slacked off this week when it came to exercise. I didn't want to do as much because I was still finding that I was short of breath at certain times. I'm doing better today. I even walked up to the gas station to get my rent check and then walked up to the store to grab a few items that I forgot last night. I think that was around 2 miles.

I am going to do a Color Run in June with a friend of mine. She's looking for team mates and I've been thinking about maybe running a 5k here and there just for the fun of it. What better way than to get splattered with color?! Starting this week I'll be back at the running about 3 times a week. I think that's enough for now. I don't hate to run like I used to when the Army kind of buzz killed it for me. I just want to run for the sake of running.

Gabi asked me this earlier, "Mom, when are you going to be done with Whole30? I want you to make those jalapeno bison burgers again. I think I'm going to be craving beef this week." I told her that I could still make the burgers for her. I can just split the mix with half being for her and the other half being for me.

Friday Whole30 Day 24
                  Meal 1: Steak, 4 pcs bacon, and green beans
                  Meal 2: YES! The store had blood oranges! I had one with this meal, along with the other half of the steak, some bone marrow, leftover turkey thanksgiving meatballs, and broccoli
                  Meal 3: Cod, mushrooms, and onions cooked in coconut oil

Comment

• Here's a little something useful, cooking wise, that I learned yesterday. I cut up a sweet potato into fry size pieces. Then I took a sheet of aluminum foil and placed two pieces of bacon on it and the sweet tater fries on top of them. Closed it up, but left a little vent at the top. Cook that on the grill on medium heat for about 25 minutes. I don't need to add any oil to the fries because the bacon does that for me. Yes, the bacon was pretty good too

I got in some more walking yesterday and I felt pretty good afterwards. Gabi was supposed to go on one of the walks with me, but she fell asleep. I ended up just taking Roxy on that walk.

Saturday Whole30 Day 25 (I can't believe only 5 more days! I might stick it out a little longer though)
                    Meal 1: Oven baked chicken breast, bone in & skin on. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, and buttered up with some olive oil. I cooked some cubed butternut squash
                    Meal 2: Grilled hamburgers! Seasoned with garlic, shallots, salt, pepper, some coconut aminos, and some olive oil. The sweet tater fries cooked in bacon.
                    Meal 3: I made those shortcut ribs that Mark has a recipe for. I cut out the paprikas, but I should have just cooked them all day in the slow cooker. I might have gone overboard with the seasonings, but it was good. No side dishes. Then I snacked on some shredded coconut later.
                    Exercise: approx 2 mile round trip to the gas station and then to the store. A smaller 1.25 mile walk to Medi Park and back with Roxy.

Comment

• What's a colour run? (and yes... my canadian comes out in the spelling of colour )

Comment

• The Color Run

That will explain it better than I can.

Comment

• I've opted to go ahead and start the WOW's again. Phew! I went into the archives and am just going to go down the list from the top.

I enjoyed my Sunday. It seemed like my Bible Study class and the message from our pastor went hand in hand. That doesn't always happen, but I got the point! Book club was met with good discussion over "Still Alice," a book about a woman who gets early onset Alzheimers (sp?)

Sunday Whole30 Day 26
                          Meal 1: Leftover roasted chicken breast (bone in and skin on) and some butternut squash
                          Meal 2: Salad from Baker's Bro's and then a leftover burger and the last of the sweet tater fries
                          Meal 3: Mom's homemade turkey burgers (with carrots and onions in them) and some steamed broccoli
                          Drinks: Water and unsweet tea.
                          Exercise: WOW archive nubmer one, steep climb

Comment

• I got up and did a little run yesterday morning. It's time for me to start getting ready for the Color Run! I figure I'd start out slow and just go with a mile run to begin with. Then I'll move up by about .5 miles every two weeks. I figure by the time I'm up for running 3 miles, I can mess around with my distances on each run.

Monday Whole30 Day 27
                            Meal 1: Steak cooked in coconut oil, seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic. I also cooked up some mushrooms and the last of my cut up butternut squash in that same pan.
                            Meal 2: Leftover ribs and some prosciutto with a salad
                            Meal 3: Asian Orange Pan Seared Scallops with steamed zucchini
                            Drinks: Water
                            Exercsie: 1 mile morning run. 2 walks around the building. 1 walk to the store and back

Comment

• TIRED when I got home yesterday. I didn't walk to the store because I knew I was worn out. I could use the excuse that I knew I was going to have to grab quite a few things, but a backpack would have sufficed. I finally learned how to do some other stuff here at work so I can start helping my coworker more.Thank goodness because that was getting old real fast.

Tuesday Whole30 Day 28 (CRAP! I can't believe I'm this far along!)
                              Meal 1: Homemade sausage seasoned with Italian Sausage seasoning, a little olive oil, and some vinegar. Some strawberries and some cut up cucumbers
                              Meal 2: Leftover scallops, some roast beef lunch meet from Applegate Farms, leftover zucchini, and an avocado
                              Snack: 3 sausages. Man, I was HUNGRY when I got home yesterday. I still needed a nap though. I guess I didn't get enough fat with meal 2
                              Meal 3: Mustard Chicken thigh and some of the skins off the other 4 with some green beans
                              Drinks: Water and carton coconut milk
                              Exercise: Steep climb WOW and 1 walk around the building during break.

Comment

• Mmmm... I have the same issue with thighs... I always seem to go to town on the skins of the leftovers after eating... then I get sadface the next day because there's no skins on my leftovers

Comment

Working...
                                X