No announcement yet.

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You, sir, are absolutely correct about that. Shaking my head at myself for this right now. Although, I don't mind having people to lean on when it comes to Primal.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

I don't mind leaning on people here either. (Heck! Without having to come to the MDA Forums I would have never started chatting with someone as awesome as you!) But honestly I would have rather learned properly from the start instead of having to make up for it now.

There's nothing wrong with treating your daughter at all though, don't get me wrong or anything. Just think of healthier options that you can share together. Or take the other route and help her learn that foods like cake are OK as an occasional indulgence but that there are healthier options. Eventually she'll learn to make wise food decisions for the majority of the time and still have the freedom to enjoy the occasional "bad" food once in a while without the guilt.
      SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
      Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
      Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
      Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

Well, I ended up letting her take the junk food to school. I have no idea how much of it she ate or what her friends ate.
        Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

Wouldn't have expected anything less. Once a child is promised something you've gotta see it through. Hope she enjoyed it!
          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

She did, but right now she's mad that there isn't anything left of the steamed artichoke! She said "Mom, there's no more leaves left "

Comment

Oh my goodness what a freaking cluster f at work today. I swear we went backwards again today! Oh well, it happens in this job. Got up and did my 10 Min Trainer today, Lower and Total body. This evening, the kid and I had some fun hoola hooping for about 30 minutes. I'm pretty glad I did that because Gabi needed to burn off some energy. WOW was she hyper tonight. She's come up with a new dance, the Cactus Dance. Perhaps your kids have done this one? She's a trip, I love it. I enjoy a good laugh and there never seems to be a shortage of them with her.

B: 2 pieces of bacon, about 2 cups spinach cooked in the bacon grease. Seasoned with salt and goat cheese
              S: 2 handfuls of blueberries, 1 oz macadamia nuts, 3 pcs 85% lindt
              L: Bacon cheeseburger and maybe a few carrots. I was too busy talking and listening to my lunch mate to eat that much.
              S: 1 pc 85% Lindt
              D: ARTICHOKE! Steamed up 2 of them. Cooked some pork bacon sausage too (had a little kick to it!). I did steam up some broccoli, but that turned out to be leftovers. By the time I was done with my artichoke and sausage, I was full. Did I mention I may have had too much garlic tonight? I don't know if that's even possible, but it could be. I did purchase some goat's milk butter and clarify it for dipping my artichoke leaves. Soooooooooo good!
              Drinks: Water, 1 cup Coconut Milk, and some Sweet Pea Apple Wine tonight. The sunset was just beautiful tonight, so I thought some wine with it would be nice.

I just have to say that even though my daughter is fighting eating the Primal way, she's embracing the fun activities aspect of it. Tonight, she staged a one person Facebook intervention. Her idea was this: 1, we HAVE to make sure to go for a walk when getting home. If the computer is off when we get home, it stays off, WALK FIRST! 2, if I get Facebook time, she gets TV time (that's completely fair). 3, She will come out of her room after bed time to turn on the TV if she thinks I'm on FB. It's a deal, but she wanted me to put it up to a vote first. I love the way democracy works in our house, lol. I had a fun night with Gabi, but now it's time to get to bed. G'night all!

Comment

You 2 are cute. And I love how close you are with your daughter. Your relationship sounds more like an agreement between freidns then a dictatorship of a parent. Lucky girl to have a mom like you.

Hopefully work will be better for you tomorrow!

Comment

Thanks We have our moments.

Comment

Fun, yet crazy day today. Work was another crazy day today.

B: 3 slices bacon, brisket, sauteed onions and peppers
                    S: Mixed berries, about 1 cup, 2tsps each chopped walnuts and pecans
                    L: Half a BAS and no meat. I wasn't feeling it at lunch. Used the homemade salad dressing
                    S: Two gluten-free vanilla graham cookies (taste testing them to use in a cheesecake recipe tomorrow) Some Tia's ranch chips, One small bag of Terra mixed root chips
                    D: One kabob (I got full after that one) consisting of 3 pieces of kabob meat, some onions and two potato cubes
                    S: Oh, yeap, popcorn

Drinks: water and coconut milk.

So, as you can see, I sort of went overboard with the not so great snacks. We went to see Hunger Games tonight, which was awesome. I did get in one 10 Minute Trainer, Yoga Flex. Have I mentioned how much I love Yoga Flex days? They are so relaxing! Tomorrow, I'm making an amaretto cheesecake. The last few times I've made a cheesecake, I've replaced the regular sugar with agave nectar. It's still pretty good stuff, plus I don't make a huge cake. Not the size you see in Cheesecake Factory , at least. Well, that's it for tonight. Shorter post because I am tired and I get to sleep in tomorrow!

Comment

I'll post more later, but I did a full pull up today! SCORE! And now I shall go rest since I've been up all night.

Comment

I had a pretty darn good day yesterday. The preteens slept in, so I was able to get most of the house cleaning done before they woke and wanted breakfast. I skipped out on breakfast because I wasn't all that hungry, but I made sure they ate. I bought some of the Pamela's Gluten-Free pancake mix. Man, there's so much stuff out there that's gluten-free that still has soy in it. WHY! Anyway, the girls actually liked the pancakes. When I told them the pancakes were ready, Gabi though she heard me say that the bacon was ready. She was slightly disappointed, but that didn't last for long since I cooked a couple slices each for them. Man, that kid has to be growing like a weed or something, she went through the pancakes, the bacon, and a bowl of whatever Kashi cereal she has (It's hard to get her off that one).

I made the cheesecake yesterday, an amaretto one. I'd post the recipe, but I don't know if I can make a Primal cheesecake. This might be one thing I can't compromise on. I used cottage cheese (16oz), cream cheese, agave nectar, vanilla, amaretto, cornstarch (that part I'd really like to substitute out), and a dash of sea salt for the filling. The crust was made of gluten-free vanilla graham crackers, coconut oil, and ground almond slivers. The only thing, and I was so mad when I realized I did this, that I forgot was to grease the edges. I thought I had left it in there long enough, but the very center of it was just a tad runny. Ugh, I wasn't happy about that either. I did, however, manage to not eat any of the batter while I was putting everything together. Yes, it was extremely tempting, but I wanted to IF for as long as I could. After letting it cool off with the oven door open, I went to put it in the fridge and noticed I had some squeeze out on the bottom. That time, I didn't hold back. The good news, the batter was okay.

I really didn't eat much until dinner later on that evening. Someone came over and cooked for me!

S: 1/16 slice of my amaretto cheesecake
                        L: (around 4 pmish) One leftover kabob
                        D: Orange Roughy fish (the rub was made with orange zest, coconut nectar sugar, sea salt, and pepper), SO GOOD! Steamed broccoli and cheese (I think next time I'll check that ingredient list) and salad using my homemade dressing
                        Dessert: 1/16 more slice of earlier cheesecake

Drinks: Mostly water, but I did have a few shots of some amaretto later on in the evening. Oh yeah, one chai vanilla latte (I think that's what it was), with either creamer or milk.

Workout: Cardio, Yoga Flex, and Total Body of 10 Min Trainer

So, I didn't really make the best choices, again, yesterday. This isn't good. I see that I'm backsliding again. So, today, I'm going to hold off and IF for as long as I can, until dinner with mom. Well, since I'm posting this in the morning, I'll wish everyone reading this a great day

Comment

HI Alessandra
                          Just wanted to pop in and say hi.. I think your cheesecake sounds great except I do use agave nectar. I would substute real maple and some pure stevia. I make my crusts lately using macadamia, hazel and pecans. Triple nut crust! Yum a little butter and press it in the pan

Have you tried the pancake alternatives from crem cheese or white rice flour? They are so easy and my grandbabies and kids love them?

cream cheese Pancakes:
                          4oz softened cream cheese
                          2-3 eggs
                          vanilla for flavor
                          pure stevia for sweetner
                          hot griddle or pan
                          fry each side until golden

Rice pancakes
                          1 C rice flour
                          1 T butter
                          vanilla for flour
                          1 tsp BP
                          1/2 c purified water (add more if needed for consistancy)

just a couple of ideas
                          I make a double batch when I make the rice ones and freeze a bunch for the little kids. They thaw out and work awesome.

Comment

Hey, thanks for stopping by with the recipes! Gabi really liked the Pamela's mixture, but I'll have to try that soon

Today, I SO didn't want to get up after staying up late. Managed to get to the church's youth group cafe, but I was like 20 minutes late! It was slammed this morning, but after not eating, I was in super hyper focus mode. That's one part of IF'ing I like, the hyper focus mode. I didn't think I could be that focused, EVER, in my life. SQUIRREL!!!! Sorry, got off track there. After picking my kid up from the other church she went to, we had lunch. I really wanted to try to hold off on lunch and wait for dinner at mom's house but I couldn't fight off the hunger this time.

My kid slept for like 3 or 4 hours when we got home, so I did the grocery shopping on my own. That meant I spent quality time in the produce area. She usually takes care of that end of the shopping while I go get meats and whatever else we need. I did finally go for the hike today, but I had to go by myself cause the kid was still sleeping.

L: Smoked Turkey, 2 slices bacon, about 1/3 cup baby spinach, two slices of tomatoes, 3 strawberries (I did dip one of them into the Jason's Deli yogurt sauce before I stopped myself and realized what I was doing)
                            S: 2 cups leftover warmed up steamed broccoli, 1 tsp goat's milk butter, some goats milk cheese. About a handful of leftover chips from Gabi's lunch
                            D: About a cup, maybe a little more, of Spinach/Artichoke gluten-free pasta cooked with baby spinach, feta cheese, tomatoes, and something else that I forgot. Atlantic Cod. Mom cooked dinner tonight because she cooks family dinner every Sunday I had 1/4 slice of the cheesecake, but Mom happily took the rest. She said it was good, all is right with the world. Last night's date said it was good too though.
                            Took Gabi to Frazzleberries because she begged me to earlier in the week. I had the little sample size cup things of the Tart flavvor and some other gluten-free option they had, plus one teaspoon of some mango thing she picked out. Yes, I realize that just because it's gluten-free when it comes to fro yo, that doesn't give me license to eat all of it. Tempting, but I think I did good considering that tart flavor was pretty tastey.

Workout: Hiking for about 40 minutes, that includes getting some pictures. 10 minutes of hoola hooping after we got home from Frazzle's.

Comment

dscn3315.jpgdscn3316.jpgdscn3334.jpg

Comment

dscn3328.jpgdscn3343.jpgdscn3342.jpgdscn3329.jpg
                                Last edited by Alessandra; 03-25-2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X