Primal Challenge Journal: Hanna - A Swedish restart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mooose! Good meat!

We have moose (or is it elk? what is the difference?) hunting season in the fall. I live in a small town, and quite a few of my friends hunt. It's not something everyone eats, but it's also not exotic.

During hunting season you can usually find it in the stores. There's also frozen packs that you can buy year around, but it's kind of expensive.

I have a friend who sometimes gives me moose as a thanks for babysitting her kids. They hnt alot, and she always eats game.

I don't eat it that ofthen, though. This batch I have cooked now was given to me by a lady who couldn't fit stuff into her freezer! I gave her a HUGE hug!

Comment

Food was exactly as planned yesterday. I feel like I'm on a roll!

Todays plan:
      B: ˝ avocado, 1 egg
      S: Banana and tea
      L: courgette and minced meat gratin
      S: apple
      D: avocado and egg salad
      After yoga: tea and yogurt?

I was planning to go on a short jog at lunch today, but it's raining like crazy, so I might LHT instead. We shall see!

Comment

Congratulations on the weight loss! Moose, like the sound of that .

For your sore throat: make a strong sage tea and gargle with it! It's also very good for hoarseness (as is gargling with salt & water). And a teaspoon of honey (if you can get it straight from a beekeeper, good quality) usually makes your throat feel better too.
        My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
        My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
        Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
        Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

Thanks for the tips Candy! Sage you say. Haven't tried that. I usually make ginger and lemon tea with a little honey in it to fix my chords. Salty water I have tried. Made me puke! lol!

I didn't have yogurt after yoga, I had a smoothie with whey. I was feeling hungry and exhausted, so I went high protein. And cocnutfat in there as well.

Smashed my old PR on my lunchjog yesterday. And wasn't feeling dead afterwards. Way cool.

Tonight I'm going for hills with a local running club. S C A R Y! I am afraid they will point and laugh at the fat middleaged woman in tights! They probably wont. How bad can it be? I'm facing my fears!

The weekend will be challenging, and I'm not sure when I will get a chance to check in. We're leaving tomorrow morning, so all meals from tomorrow until Sunday evening will be out. I will bring some protein powder as emergency food, although I'd prefer to not eat highly procesed stuff. Compared to eating Snickers, it's a win though.

Exercise will be a jog on Saturday, possibly some bodyweight strength in some hotel room. Play will be, well play! Singing. 2*45 minutes on Friday and Saturday. I'm hoping for a good crowd!

Cheers for now
          Last edited by Hanna; 04-12-2012, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Luckily, grown-ups are usually much kinder than children. I have never seen someone over the age of 25 point and laugh. When I see at people working out, I always think, 'good for them. They are trying to get better.' Unless it is myself in the mirror. Why are we so cruel to ourselves?
            Also, (hope this isn't too crude for your journal) you are more likely to get some guy behind you thinking,' mmm, like to get some of that'. What we think of as fat, men think of as luscious.

Comment

LOL! I'm Swedish! We're crude by nature!

I have recently started hanging out with an ex again, and almost died laughing from his comments: "What is this, you're not soft anymore!" while he was tapping my ribs!

Lusciuos. I'm OK with that!

As to why we are so cruel to ourselves, I wish I knew. Sometimes I think that I do it to make sure that noone else catches me off-guard with a comment! Sometimes I think I'm just being mean to myself to make sure that I don't feel really good, because I don't deserve to feel good and if I do something horrible will happen! *CRAZY*

It's getting better, though. I don't know if it's age or something, but sometimes I surprise myself by actually thinking I'm kind of cool!

Comment

I didn't post my journal in my journal! Air head!

Thursday:
                B: 1 egg, 1 grapefruit, ˝ avocado
                L: Chicken and shrimp soup
                S: 2 eggs and a banana
                D: Omelet with cheese I think

Move: Hills
                Play: Tea with Skier

Comment

"Sometimes I think I do it to make sure no one catches me off-guard with a comment!"

Very intriguing. Protection of a different type.

Comment

I'm 41 and I'm finally starting to be nicer to myself (ok, loosing a lot of weight and actually looking better and not being so afraid of the mirror anymore helps big time!), but it's a learning process.
                    I was scared like that when starting CrossFit 2 weeks ago, but now after 3 WOD's I notice all the people are really nice and helpful. And I say to myself: I'm doing this for ME, not for them anyway! But it's still a bit scary. Great thing about the gym I joined: NO MIRRORS .

Comment

Oh my what a weekend!

I had a GREAT time. I was being primal for the most part, except for some beer. And a bowl of pasta. Didn't even taste well. The pasta. The beer was delish!

I had much more stamina on stage than normal, and I was really enjoying feeling thin and pretty. Having 22 year olds trying to pick me up does that to me! lol!

I also made a new friend. One can never have too many of those!

OK, journal it is:
                      Monday:
                      B: 2 eggs, ˝ avocado
                      L: Chicken and shrimp soup
                      D: Chicken, feta cheese, ˝ avocado BAS
                      S: banana

Move: 70 min jog
                      Play: texting with my new friend!

Tuesday
                      B: ˝ grape fruit, ˝ avocado, 2 eggs
                      S banana
                      L: BAS, chicken
                      S apple and tea
                      D: omelet with cheese

Move: nope. rest day
                      Play: choir practice

Comment

22-year old friend?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                          22-year old friend?
                          Uhu, we want more information
                          Sounds like you had a great time!

Comment

lol, no, not 22 year old friend! He wasn't very successful in his pick up!
                            My new friend is of a more appropriate age! (40)

Wednesday:
                            B: ˝avocado 1 egg
                            L: Corgette and minced meat gratin
                            D: 2 eggs, protein shake with coconut fat

Move: LHT at lunch
                            Play: Yoga and talking to my new friend!

Thursday
                            B: ˝ avocado, ˝ grapefruit, 2 eggs
                            S: Banana
                            L: chicken and shrimp soup, 1 dl rice (intervals at lunch)
                            S: apple
                            D: fish and veggies

Move: Intervals 30 seconds sprint, 30 seconds rest * 10
                            Play: all work and no play...

Comment

Time for some play

Comment

Spent the weekend out of town (not with my new friend). I was doing well mostly. A couple of unPrimal items crossed my lips: One beer, one Gin&Tonic, 1 slice carrot cake, 2 slices toast. All things considered, I'm happy with how I did.

This week then?

Breakfasts: eggs, avocado, grapefruit

Monday: L: chicken and shrimp soup, D: meat and veggies Move: Jog Play: Same jog

Tuesday: L: Courgette gratin and veggies, D: omelet Move: Lunch intervals. Play: Choir

Wednesday: Fish and veggies, D: avocado and egg salad Move: LHT Play: Yoga

Thusday: L: Chicken and shrimp soup, D: Salmon and veggies, Move: Nope, Play: Meet some old friends

Friday: L: Salmon and veggies, D: oven roasted veggies and potatoes and meat. Move: Nope, Play: Early to bed

Saturday: Race day. All bets are off. I will eat all I can! Move: 26Km race. Play: Gig in the evening

Sunday: 6 hours drive. I will bring avocado and egg salad. Move and Play: Ooooh, I sure hope so! I'm going on a two day date with my new friend!

This will be a looooong week!

Comment

Working...
                                X