No announcement yet.

Candy in Primal Wonderland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow i have to say i admire you for being able to stay on the plan on vacation. That is wonderful...
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

Comment

• Well, I think that is pretty wonderful, considering I always thought of myself I had no "character"....it looks like I really do. And maybe I always did, but my body just couldn't cope with all the crap I was feeding it!

Day at work today , leaving in half an hour. Today's eats:
      B: coffee with coconut milk and 2 small creamed coconut-chocolate bonbons
      S: handful of nuts and few dried cranberries
      L: lettuce and radishes with marinated sheep cheese (I bought this full fat sheep cheese, diced it and marinated in olive oil with dried herb mixture and freshly ground black pepper) and a little vinegar
      D: will be roasted salmon on skin with roasted asparagus, fennel and sweet potatoes

I will be going to CrossFit with oldest son and DH for our first WOD; DH and son will be doing the intro-session afterwards (son missed most of it on the phone with his girlfriend the first time and DH didn't do it yet).
      My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
      My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
      Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
      Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Hi Candy! You are a Primal force to be reckoned with! Congratulations on staying Primal on vacation, and on staying fit with your family! I look forward to following your continuing adventures.
        “I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Hi Candy. Have fun at CrossFit!
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cave Woman View Post
            Hi Candy! You are a Primal force to be reckoned with! Congratulations on staying Primal on vacation, and on staying fit with your family! I look forward to following your continuing adventures.
            Thanks, you made me blush now .

CrossFit was tough but fun! The other people on the WOD's were really supportive and I got some alternative exercises (it was more than 10 years ago I did handstands ). There's actually something I'm really good at, better than the (much younger) people in the WOD! It's double-unders . I managed to do 24 in one go (and it has been years ago since I last did some rope skipping too). I used to do this every day at school, but now we're talking 30 years ago; apparently it's like riding a bike, once you learn you never forget .
            I was really very sore when we got home, but this morning got out of bed without problems and I'm a lot less sore than I'd expected.

When we got home I had a banana and some SSSSN (sticky/sweet/salty/spicy nuts).

I'm actually looking forward to our next session, will probably be on Friday morning.

Comment

• I can barely do a single-under!! hahaha Coordination is not my forte.

I am going to look into CrossFit boxes now - or at least look at some WODs b/c today is STRENGTH day and I am SO excited to feel STRONG!

Comment

• Dag! I think you're on afternoon now, so hope you've had a great primal day.

Comment

• Thanks Pam, I did . Just knowing that I'll be home with my husband and kids for 11 days makes me happy! This afternoon I went to a Volvo dealer, ordering DH's new company car. He's having a V50. Now I hope we'll be able to sell his car (a Renault Espace) soon, 'cause we'll be buying new garden furniture with that money . We've seen some nice teak tables, I just love recycled teak!

Tomorrow will be a super relaxed day! DH and me are going to a sauna for 3 hours around lunchtime (champaign and snacks are included, I'll make sure to take some primal snacks for myself - it was a voucher he received as christmas gift). After that we'll come home to get dressed and then go to Antwerp for dinner at a Thai restaurant (we've been there once a few years ago and it was really good, I can eat almost anything on their menu if I just ask them to leave out rice and/or noodles). We'll be home late and kids are going to stay with my parents, I love to spend some quality time with my love .

What I've had today:
                  B: coffee with full-fat cream
                  S: left-over beef sausage
                  L: left-over salmon and asparagus with some cream cheese, cup of full-fat Greek yogurt with teaspoon honey
                  D: roast beef with carrots and green peas

Comment

• Sounds like you have a great day planned. I would love to get some teak furniture, but I can't afford it presently. Teak is expensive (at least it is here). Enjoy your time at the sauna!!

Comment

• It's really expensive here too, Jenn; that's why we want to sell the car first, then we'll have the budget

Comment

• Hoi! Just dropped by to say hi - marked your journal for reading tomorrow Enjoy your spa day!

Comment

• The sauna day and dinner DH sounds wonderful.. Have a great time girl!!

Comment

• Hi Shamia!

Yesterday was a wonderful day . First DH and I had 3 hours in a private sauna with swimming pool and jacuzzi. We had a glass of champaign (or actually Cava, the Spanish version) each and some 'snacks': some cheese and salami (I had some) and crackers (I didn't touch those). I only had a sip of the cava, as it gives me heartburn (white wine also does that to my stomach).
                            We went to a really nice Thai restaurant and had a lovely dinner:
                            Starter: prawn soup: spicy but fresh at the same time
                            Main dish: duck with exotic herbs and spices: very nice! We got the rice separately, I had only about a teaspoon of it (just to taste)
                            Dessert: crème brulée made with coconut milk and pineapple juice with palmsugar (pretty primal ).
                            We shared a bottle of red wine and I also had enough water.
                            We went into Antwerp by tram, leaving the car on a park+ride parking outside the city, so I sobered up by the time we got to the car .
                            I slept in until 9 o'clock this morning, kids are still at my parent's house. I'm going to pick them up in half an hour, but first I'm going to make some BBBBalls for me and 'primal nutella' for the kids . I'm still tweaking the recipe to get as close as possible to the "real thing" (although son Lex loves it already, youngest son Lou still asks why I can't buy Nutella anymore ).

I'll try to find some time to go through all journals later!

Comment

• What a wonderful time with your honey. Fun, relaxing, adventurous time with loved ones is very primal. And that creme brulee sounds heavenly.
                              I have been playing with Winencandy's coconut-chocolate recipe, adding a little almond butter into the center(heavenly). My next experiment will be with hazelnut butter, which might be nutella-ish.

Comment

• I see I forgot to mention we went for a pre-dinner drink in a bar yesterday evening and I had a glass of Ricard . I love Ricard (or pastis in general) once in a while because it reminds me of our picture-perfect holiday in Bretagne (Brittany) last year, so many lovely memories! We went 2 weeks during the Easter Holidays, rented a house at the Pink Granite Coast, did long hikes with our kids. We had so much luck with the weather; I used to drink a pastis almost every evening before dinner, sitting outside in the sun. It was the best holiday ever with our children.

Today has been a really easy day, had my nails done and went for grocery shopping.
                                B: coffee with double creme
                                L: chicory with chicken-egg-mayo salad
                                S: some grapes
                                D: sirloin steak with tomatoes, chicory and some fresh homemade fries.
                                Desert: 3 small frozen strawberries dipped in chocolate

Comment

Working...
                                X