No announcement yet.

Candy in Primal Wonderland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking you guys stayed at Disneyworld Paris:-):-):-)

Check out the destress group for April. primalcajun's moderating it. Hope you join.

You too, Pebbles:-)

Comment

Have fun on your trip. Sounds like a blast. I have not been to Disneyworld in years.
      To Err Is Human
      To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      My Journal
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      SW~220
      CW~136
      GW-125

Comment

Hi Pam, I'm back, but needed yesterday to recover . Well, Disney was pretty primal - for me! For my kids it was 'all the junk you want day' (I consider this their 20% ). This is how my day looked:
        up at 4h45
        coffee with full-fat cream and out of the hous by 5h15
        at 6 we were on the road with the bus
        Around 8h30 I had 3 BBBBalls
        Bus stopped at a gas station and I offered breakfast to my 2 youngest sons (who were on the trip with me) and had a full-fat yoghurt with maple syrup (they had that in the gas station!) and coffee
        Back on the bus, arrived @Disneyland Paris around 11 am
        Guided "my" 8 kids to the park, made clear at what time they had to be back at the entrance.
        I was left alone with my youngest son , I think Pirates of the Caribbean was the most "exciting" ride we had (Lou is a bit scared to go in 'dangerous' attractions), but I don't mind, I had lots of fun with my little boy
        Lunch was a Mickey Mouse shaped pizza for Lou and a 3-cheese salad for me (lettuce, some cherry tomatoes, a bit of cheese, there was no vinaigrette!), I can hardly believe how much money they ask for the food! And all of it looks so unappetizing *yuk*.
        I had some 'sticky sweet/salt/spicy nuts' (primal, except for the peanuts in it; I received them Thursday as part of a foodswap) as a snack and was thinking: I can go all day without snacks and only 2 meals at home, but it was really hard in Disney. Everywhere you go there's always so much junk food, sweets and stuff, every corner you turn you can smell popcorn. Well anyway, the nuts were way better (also in taste) than popcorn, so I just had some.
        Dinner: I had made broccoli-bacon-sun-dried-tomatoes-quiche on Thursday and had that for dinner: it was sooooo good, even eaten cold! I ate the rest yesterday and today at lunch!
        Back in the bus (around 8pm) I felt like eating something (what wineandcandy calls "mouth hunger") and ate the rest of my sticky nuts. Had a bit of reflux later on, shouldn't have had those last nuts.
        But all in all, I managed to stick to Real Food in a place that has nothing, NOTHING real (in any sense) at all!

Back to business as usual today . My body is still hurting all over after the CrossFit session on Thursday evening, but I'm going back tomorrow evening, with DH and my oldest son Diddy for my first real WOD (DH and Diddy will be doing the intro session afterwards too).

Today's eats:
        B: Coffee with coconut cream and 2 creamed coconut-chocolate bonbons
        L: the last piece of quiche, few slices of Pata Negra chorizo
        D: will be grass-fed beef sausages, chicory and homemade fries (I eat about a handful of them, with some mayo)

Oh, and I joined to destress group, hope PC lets me in
        My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
        My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
        Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
        Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

Sorry about mentioning "that" song. It is amazing how it sticks foooorrrrreeevvveeerrr!

What a fun trip! I don't know about you, but if I eat a lot of junk food at once, it just sort of goes through me.

Your quiche sounds yummy.

Glad you're in the destress group. We need some unstressed people there!

Comment

Originally posted by lopisheep View Post
            Sorry about mentioning "that" song. It is amazing how it sticks foooorrrrreeevvveeerrr!
            It does.......

Comment

My youngest son is becoming very conscious of how ("fat") he looks since I'm loosing weight. He started to grow a bit chubby since last year, likes sweets and bread a lot and doesn't like sports/moving. I'm trying to make him (the whole family, actually) eat healthy things and restricting "sweet treats" (he'll have to eat a fruit before he can have that little easter egg ). But on Saturday I let them have all the junk they wanted, as I just wanted them to have fun in Disney. And guess what: the one that eats mostly healthy (Lex, middle son, lovvvves veggies and fruit) stuffed himself with hot dogs and candy and youngest son Lou only bought TicTacs (and ate one), had a small pizza for lunch and his homemade full-wheat tortilla's with lox for dinner, oh and a little bag of KitKat balls (they had to buy the sweets with their pocket money).
              Yesterday we were watching TV and he said: "You know what mum? We should agree to eat at McDonalds only once a year!" I agreed off course (we only go about twice a year now) .

Although I'm happy he's trying to make some changes in his young life, I'm scared that I've given him the wrong signals while being on my diet (this is, prior to switch to primal)...I want him to eat healthy things and not being overweight (like I've been since I was a child), but I don't want him to "go an a diet" as I've been most my life, I don't want him to feel bad for being a bit chubby . I'm trying to figure out how to keep a balance, how to make sure he understands he has to eat good foods in order to be healthy, but not being "on a diet". I think I'll try to explain the 80/20 principle: that if he eats good things 80% of the time it's ok.

Comment

I went through the same thing with my daughter. It was awhile back but I tried to never talk bad about my body and not talk diet..just say certain foods were better choices than others..it is so hard for children today. They have more to choose from than we did.
                To Err Is Human
                To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                My Journal
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                SW~220
                CW~136
                GW-125

Comment

How old is your youngest? Perhaps he is just too young to understand? And chances are, he's too young to concern himself with it for long. My son, age 5, will one day ask me if something he wants to eat is healthy. I'll answer his question and if I say no, he'll ask for something that is healthy. But then next week he's back to his old self, asking for candy and soda/pop, and juice, etc.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Oh Candy.. Bless you for being so aware of what this could possibly do.. I was always on a diet and fretting about my size and all of my kids have terrible body images!! I wish I would have had a clue what I was doing to them. with my granddaughter that lives with us I just say we are eating healthy so we can be strong and do lots of fun stuff. She is always wanting to know if things are 'healfy'... You are doing good so keep striving!!

Comment

• Candy's in the group!! yay!!

I would just concentrate not so much on the weight as just eating healthy "real" foods. I don't remember how old your young'un is but really isn't that what we're all trying to accomplish here? To get healthy? That's what I keep trying to tell myself at least! lol
                      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                        How old is your youngest? Perhaps he is just too young to understand? And chances are, he's too young to concern himself with it for long. My son, age 5, will one day ask me if something he wants to eat is healthy. I'll answer his question and if I say no, he'll ask for something that is healthy. But then next week he's back to his old self, asking for candy and soda/pop, and juice, etc.
                        He's 9, but he's quite intelligent and the worrying kind. I try not to mention his being chubby anymore, and try to focus on all his marvelous qualities. And I'm telling him every time I choose to eat this way not to stay thinner, but to stay healthy, and that is why I want him to eat healthy things too. He does remember how sick and tired and in pain I used to be up to a year ago and he's really happy that I'm feeling so much better now and have more energy to actively do things with them. I'll just try to set a good example .

Oh, I forgot to add a slice of rye bread with raisins (a specialty here) to my menu yesterday afternoon, topped with a thick layer of butter. I didn't have this for so long and was looking forward to having it....it didn't taste bad, but it wasn't "whoa" either. I didn't have any bloathing or so, but it just wasn't worth it...I think I'll just have some raisins next time!

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
                          Candy's in the group!! yay!!

I would just concentrate not so much on the weight as just eating healthy "real" foods. I don't remember how old your young'un is but really isn't that what we're all trying to accomplish here? To get healthy? That's what I keep trying to tell myself at least! lol
                          Ah, we were typing at the same time

Comment

• Fantastic job staying primal at Disney. I agree, having the smells and sights right in your face, makes it more of a challenge. So, a sweeter victory!
                            Love your new expanded signature quote. Leonard Cohen: the voice, the poetry, the sexuality. Mmmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                              Fantastic job staying primal at Disney. I agree, having the smells and sights right in your face, makes it more of a challenge. So, a sweeter victory!
                              Love your new expanded signature quote. Leonard Cohen: the voice, the poetry, the sexuality. Mmmmm.
                              He's coming to Belgium in August and DH and me are going to his concert. I've seen him once before in Antwerp and I'm in love with his voice and the poetry of his lyrics, and his voice...did I mention I love his deep, warm voice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
                                My youngest son is becoming very conscious of how ("fat") he looks since I'm loosing weight. He started to grow a bit chubby since last year, likes sweets and bread a lot and doesn't like sports/moving.
                                I wouldn't worry too much about it. I wonder if he'll be like one of my sons. He would grow "out" (get chubby) and then have a growth spurt and shoot "up" (I swear it was overnight) Then a couple of years later, he's go through the same cycle. He did this about 3 times before he stayed slim. He's an adult now and slim, trim and strong.

Originally posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
                                I'm in love with his voice and the poetry of his lyrics, and his voice...did I mention I love his deep, warm voice?
                                +1
                                "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                                "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                                "Moderation sucks." Suse
                                "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                                "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

Working...
                                X