Candy in Primal Wonderland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• {hugs!!!}
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Test for lyme disease came back negative.
      Allergie test came back positive: i'm definitely allergic to something, now to find out to what. It's not strawberry, cod, orange, pineapple (those were tested). I have asked the gp to refer me to a dermatologist, who will do more tests so we find out what it is.
      Just realized that it might be coconut :O ! We always cook with coconut oil, because DH doesn't like the smell and taste of butter and ghee. But this week as DH was abroad I used ghee and goose fat, and these past 2 days I didn't have hives...damn. i really hope i's not the coconut oil!
      My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
      My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
      Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
      Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• well - its good its not Lyme. Now for the hard part of finding the allergen. Have you been using coconut oil for a long time? If so, it would be odd to have a reaction to it now. But, stranger things have happened.

Have you changed soap or laundry detergent? a new lotion?
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• No changes in products, I only use coconut oil on my skin.
          Doc says you can suddenly get allergic to sth you've been eating all your life without problems, it happens.

Comment

• Ah BTW, going strong on the whole 30

Comment

• Originally posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
              Ah BTW, going strong on the whole 30
              Good for you!!!!
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Congrats on doing good on the whole30!!!

Drs told hubby the same thing when he had the hives so bad. He said you can eat something all your life, say strawberry's, & one day all of a sudden your body can say...nope...don't want that any more & you are allergic from then on. Just weird I know. I hope you can figure out what it is. But thank goodness it's not Lyme!!
                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I think it might be coconut...the last few days I didn't have hives I've been cooking with ghee instead of coconut oil. Ususally I use coconit oil, because DH doesn't like the smell and taste of buttter or ghee . But as he was abroad I've been cooking with ghee instead. I'll know quickly enough, if cooking with coconut oil this weekend gives me hives again! I really hope not i love coconut!

In the meantime I still have the damn headache! I think it's coming from my neck and it might be stress related. I'm so damn nervous for my first schoolday on Monday!!!

Comment

• don't be nervous! You will do great! I went back to school full time at the age of 36! I had a blast and loved every minute of it! Graduated at 40 with a BS in Psychology. I'd love to be a lifetime student - but that's a luxury I can't afford
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Thanks Tomi, I.know I'll be fine, but so much has changed since I last went to school (25 years ago!). I had a hard time figuring out my schedule for the first 4 weeks, looks like there is no fixed weekly schedule, every week is different! That makes it very hard to plan ahead :/ .

But hey, I'm.sure in a few weeks I'll be used to it and I'll laugh atnhow nervous I was

Comment

• Good luck with school.

Can I ask that you get a second and or third test for Lyme? I'm not sure about the stats or reliability of the tests over in Belgium, but I know that over here, even the Mayo Clinic only has a 50% accuracy rate with Lyme's tests. I'd hate for them to dismiss a false negative and find later it's too late to treat. You only have 6 weeks from the start of the illness to properly treat if it is indeed Lyme.

Good luck!
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Oh and I sincerely hope it's not an allergic reaction to coconut! That would kill me!
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Confirmed allergic reaction to coconut. Bummer!!!
                            Feeling good at the moment, the headache was caused by blocked neck and shoulders, caused by stress. Turns out I'm kind of hypersensitive , the noise and confusion of big aula's full of people, all the new stuff and new people, I was pooped every day last week, and we only had class from 10:30 am till 3:30 pm! Now we have longer days, but I'm starting to get used to it and am less panicky . I've started to get to know a few people, there are other adults (moms too) in my class, not only 18 y.o.'s, luckily. But I am the oldest (even older than most of my professors).
                            I have a lot of work though, so unfortunately I don't have time to read all the journals . Today I have no class, but I have a lot of preparing work and studying to do. But at least it's in the calm of my own home, kind of a psychological rest day .

Whole 30 is going just fine, although I do look forward to next month. It's my birthday october 6th and I'm planning wine and dessert .

We're also going on a 3-day trip with school next month. I've mailed a list of all the stuff I really can't eat (because I react so badly to them: wheat, gluten, soy, coconut, msg) and proposed to bring my own food for breakfast and lunch (typical bread meals here in Belgium), so I can stay at least glutenfree. 100% paleo is nearly impossible, I'm afraid, but hey, I'll survive for 3 days, not? But guess what, 1 of the days will be "veggie-day", which means only vegetarian options for all meals. I have said that soy is off limits, but I can have eggs, so let's hope I can at least get a decent omelet that day . Now to hope I don't get "contaminated" with one of the above, or I will be so miserable that I won't be able to partake in all the workshops and they sound really interesting and fun!

Comment

• Damn you, hernia! I can deadlift 100 lb with no problem at all, but then take a box of nuts bending my back (instead of squatting) and I can't move again ( . Here I am again, lying on the floor. Doctor brscribed high dosage of cortisone in order to reduce the swellkng. i just hope I can go to zchool on Monday, hate to miss classes!

Comment

• Oh no candy!! Hubby has one too & when it flares up he hurts really bad, so I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering too! I want him to go to the doc but he won't, sigh. At least you went & are taking something to help. Hope you feel better soon & can make it to class.
                                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X