No announcement yet.

Candy in Primal Wonderland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh wow...... I'm so sorry you are having these troubles with your son. Maybe he needs to go to one of those boot camps from troubled kids? Looks like he has one more year of school.......... then he can figure out life on his own!
    Last edited by tomi; 07-01-2013, 10:53 AM.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I can't help but wonder/worry about what he's doing outside of the home. This could be 'normal' teenage stuff or, possibly, he could have gotten hooked up with the wrong crowd and is using drugs. If it were my son, I'd have him tested... but that's me. Obviously, I don't know your son and have no idea what things are like at your house, but based on what you have described, I'd be doing some testing, bedroom ransacking and following to see what he's up to.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• We do all that, Jenn, even had him tested on drugs.
        At the moment he's hanging out with a boy his age from Italy, who is here with his dad for the summer. They work on a european summer market every weekend, but on weekdays they don't have much to do, so,he hangs out with the boy and sometimes guides the father and his co-worker around town (apparently he's quite a good an enhusiastic guide ).
        Today he managed to get himself inscribed in the school were he got expelled 2 years ago!!! They recognized him, but welcomed him back (i guess they think/hope he'll do better this time around). I am happy and relieved and only hope he doesn't f*ck up this time! He still has 2 years of school to do. His teachers this year said he's really talented for this job (presser/printer preparer) so it would be such a shame if he blew it again .

The 2 youngest kids are at summer camp for the very first time and I miss them so much . I'm sure they're having a great time though, can't wait to hear their stories on saturday!

My body is feeling better again and bowels are fine again . I'm still taking a low FODMAP approach, but have relaxed my approach to food a bit. I started to eat meat for breakfast, finally . I 'm not tracking and I'm just eating when I'm hungry and eating what I feel like eating, as long as it's low in fodmap's. And guess what? The scale is moving down! I guess stress is really a show-stopper for me!
        My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
        My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
        Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
        Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Candy - I'm so excited to see that this fodmaps approach is working well for you also. I've been eating a mostly meat diet for a month now and am loving it. Its a bit boring at times but I'm seeing some amazing changes to my body - and my bowels seem to be happier also. Lots less abdominal distress and less frequent bathrooms runs. I was apple to eat about a 1/4 of an apple last night with NO pain

How encouraging that your son has taken the initiative to get re-enrolled in school. I'm sure he'll find his way and be just fine. Positive encouragement is always the best approach to kids who have a hard time navigating their lives.

Enjoy the summer!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Nothing much to report. Kids have holidays, so the days I don't work are nice and easy . I've been completely barefoot for 7 days in a row, I even went to work at the office barefoot! I did bring my huaraches with me, just in case, but nobody said anything (they probably just think I'm either weird or plain crazy ).

My weight has gone down slightly, but I feel my stomach is getting a little flatter. TOM is due between now and 3 days, but I don't feel anything yet. I have been taking the vitex regularly this month, as well as a kelp supplement (to keep my thyrois running smoothly) and magnesiums. I stopped taking the omega 3 supplements, as we eat fatty fish at least 4 times/week, and D3 as there's enough sun at the moment.

Comment

• TOM started on Sunday, and again my whole tummy feels like it's been run over by a truck, I look 6 months pregnant and my stomach feels like it's going to explode *ugh*. It is Wednesday now and it is starting to feel better. I don't know what this is, but I think maybe I should go see my gynecologist (I think it's more than 2 years last time I went for a check up, so wouldn't hurt anyway).

Day 13 without shoes today . On Sunday we went to the city and out for dinner with the kids. Both me and youngest son went barefoot .

Today I have to work until noon and then I have a whole month off, woohoow!

Comment

• I think it is so cool that you are going barefoot everywhere. I don't know if I would be able to get away with that here - people are so paranoid about germs in stores etc. No-one says anything if you are outside barefoot but I think you'd be pulled up short pretty quickly if you went into stores barefoot here. Even in South Africa they have that kind of stuff. A lot of people only have one pair of shoes (if they're lucky) and they will walk many miles to get to town and then force their feet into the shoes for the few minutes they are in a store ...
                Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                Primal low: 186 lbs
                Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• I'm not sure what the "no shoes no shirt no service" thing is all about............ If I walk in nasty stuff in my shoes its still going to get carried into the store with me - barefoot or not - nastiness happens. The no shirt part makes a bit more sense - I mean, who wants to be sitting eating a nice meat and have some beer bellied, hairy man sit down at the table next to you? GROSS! Shoes - that's a moot point I think.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Here in Belgium/Europe I've never seen signs saying we can't enter shops barefoot. And indeed, I wash my feet at least once a day, when was the last time you washed the soles of your shoes?

People do react in a silly way though. I would love it if someone just asked me why I am barefoot. But instead they pull each others arms and point and whisper and giggle. Makes me feel like I have some kind of disease! I love the way kids react, much more direct: 'look mom, that lady has no shoes, no shoes mom! ' and then mom goes 'shhh' and just pulls the kid away . I normally wiggle my toes with a big smile to the kid .

Comment

• You're awesome!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hey Candy, love the barefoot experiment!

I saw a little ways back that you're taking vitex (but missed why) and then I see today that you're having some discomfort during menstruation. I'd definitely suggest you see your gyn about all of this. I take vitex for low progesterone (had my hormones tested), but it could cause problems in someone who does not have low progesterone.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• I was taking it because i had severe cramps in my uterus on my period. Now I don't have cramps in my uterus anymore, but I'm severely bloated and my whole belly hurts. So I already decided to stop the vitex for now .

Comment

• I hope you can figure out what is going on with the hormones! That doesn't sound like fun at all!

I vaguely remember you talking about making grain free macaroni and cheese (a loooonnng time ago it seems) Do you have a recipe that I could try? My kids really miss mac and cheese and I was wondering if I could make them something that will still be healthy. They don't tolerate grains anymore so can't do the old style ...
                            Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                            Primal low: 186 lbs
                            Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                            Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Heu Coll, the recipe is on my blog, here: http://candyinwonderland.wordpress.c...no-mac-cheese/. It's grainfree, bit does contain dairy, I hope that's ok!

Comment

• Mmm... I wonder if you could layer the mixture with a meat sauce and get a lasagna out of it! I think it would actually taste pretty damn good!
                                SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                                Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                                Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                                Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                                Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                                Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

Working...
                                X