No announcement yet.

Candy in Primal Wonderland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can take the Dragon back any day now...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Reading about all that great food makes me hungry!
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Jenn, at that age she probably still has her baby belly. Not like a guy in his mid-20's having this huge belly hanging over his belt...

I'm here to say goodbye for now. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. I need to make some lifestyle changes in order for my weight to go down (and my body to continue healing itself). First of all I want to tackle sleep and stress. They go hand in hand. I realised that I feel anxious if I can't read my whole twitter, facebook and rss feed (almost) every day, and I get anxious when I get back here on the forums, because I want to read all your journals (and I'm not even venturing into the rest of the forum!). It's a daytime job keeping up with everybody!!! So I cleaned up my rss-feed (only keeping the blogs that are "added value" or people I know personally), I'm about to clean up my twitter following-list too and removed some people from my FB-feed (still being friends with them! just not seeing all the bullshit they post all the time every day!). This forum is the next step. If reading here makes me anxious it's not good for me. I'm easily stressed and I need to get my cortisol levels DOWN! My muffin top is making that very clear.

I continue my primal path, but realize I just have to take it a few steps further. Wish me luck. Maybe I'll be back for a short update now and again .

Thanks for all your support and....I'll be back .
        My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
        My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
        Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
        Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• We'll miss you, Candy. Hope this reduces your stress as you wish. Take care. Come back when and if you can.

Comment

• I'll miss you too.
            But you need to do what's right for you.
            I understand that need to read everything. I've had to let a lot of it go. For now. My crazy, insanely busy life has made it necessary to let it go. If I tried to keep up with everything I wanted to read on-line, I would get NOTHING done! If it's causing you stress, then I think it's wise to let it go.

Of course we'll wish you luck!
            Please pop in to give us updates now and then and don't think you have to read everyone's journals or feel guilty because you can't.
            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
            "Moderation sucks." Suse
            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I hope your trip to Sicily is going well. I look forward to seeing an update from you soon. I get the same way with reading the journals - hence the reason it has taken me 2 weeks to come back to yours. I can't get it all done in a day and have learned to accept that and let things fall where they may. Take whatever time you need and know we'll welcome you back here with open arms when you return.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I've been on a 2 week holiday in Sicily and it has done miracles for stress reduction .
                I've eaten (gluten free) pasta once (it was ok, but not more than that), I've eaten ice cream every other day, but was able to keep it primal for the rest. Starting every day with a barefoot walk on the beach, with my feet in the cold water (very primal!), lots of slow movement, lots of lovely time spent with my husband and children, lots of vitamin 3 (sun, finally!!!). I got hives (I had hoped primal/paleo would have solved that, but unfortunately it didn't - I get it from change in temperature, from cold to warm) but didn't let that influence my state of mind. It was the best holiday we had since our Easter holiday to Brittany (France) 3 years ago. And now it's back to everyday routine. I'll have to find some time to go through more than 700 pictures and post some on FB and my blog.

I know I NEED a sugar detox, but my mind is still in holiday mode . I think I'll start one next Monday, so I have a week to get prepared. But Wineandcandy's dragon is with me right now .

Comment

• I am so glad you are back! Your holiday sounds wonderful, and I am sure it will be a lovely shared memory for your family. The sugar dragon will go away, or die. They are actually quite fragile.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Ah, I found out that my lack of sex drive is for a big part caused by stress. I did not experience any stress during the second week of our holidays .

Comment

• Good to see you back too and super glad you enjoyed your trip. What was Sicily like?

Comment

• Well, our mornings were like this:

Comment

• Looks wonderful Candy! So glad you had a chance to let go of the stress ... I love starting the day on the beach!! I used to live by the beach in South AFrica - so therapeutic!
                          Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
                          Primal low: 186 lbs
                          Current weight: 221.4 lbs
                          Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Looks wonderful! I so miss walking barefoot on the beach. Maybe I can start again soon - I'm pretty cold-resistant.

Comment

• So, a lot is happening over here . After thinking about a career switch (again) I'm going to see if this is really what I want. It would mean going back to school (3 years). So I'll be a kindergarten teacher for one day on Thursday . And I'll be visiting the school on Wednesday afternoon. And then I think I can decide if this is "what I want to be when I grow up".
                              Anyhow I realized more than ever after our holiday that my current job does NOT make me happy . I'm bored and stressed and this is not what I want to do the rest of my life.

Comment

• I have found the same with my job. Good luck with your 'tests'. Hopefully you find you love it and can commit to the change. I wish it was that easy for our family.
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X