No announcement yet.

Candy in Primal Wonderland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck on the exam! You can do this!
    5'10" HW 264 (9/15/2011) PSW 238 (4/9/2012) CW 231 GW 165

Comment

• I looked in the mirror the other day and said "well hello, collarbones! Don't be shy! You can come out of hiding now!" lol They're still hiding, but they peek around the corner occasionally.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
        I tried to have breakfast yesterday, but it just doesn't feel good anymore . It just made me feel hungry and wanting to eat/nibble ALL DAY*sigh*.
        The same thing happens to me when I eat "breakfast".

Originally posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
        Emotional day again...we were invited this morning to DS1's principal's office. DS1 is still suspended and there's little hope that he can return to school
        {{{{hugs}}}}

My weight is probably going down not because of the carbs, but because I'm not eating chocolate or lots of nuts
        hehehehe
        yup

OK, wish me luck, I'm off to do my final exam and hope to pass. If I do I'll be "licensed to bake"
        Good luck!
        (But judging from your photos, I don't think you need it!)
        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
        "Moderation sucks." Suse
        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• I PASSED!!! Woot woot woot! Everything went just fine. I did eat one little danish (filled with custard) and 3 small puff pastry appetizers (filled with meat).
          So we had to make a themed brunch for 8 people and make a nice presentation. Some pics of my italian themed table:

Soft buns, and a bit of the puff pastry appetizers:

Crunchy buns:

Puff pastry appetizers (I had 3 of those, man I really made a nice filling!) and white chocolate mousse/strawberry mousse glasses:

danish pastries (I had one of the small custard-filled):

And finally, the cake: sponge cake soaked with (homemade) limoncello, filled with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, finished with whipped cream, brsilienne nuts, dried strawberries and sugard almonds:

Last edited by Candy in Wonderland; 05-10-2012, 05:17 AM. Reason: pictures not showing
          My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
          My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
          Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
          Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• I adjusted my numbers according to what I've really eaten (just half the crustless quiche and added the pastries) and they still don't look too bad:
            1412 cal
            62g protein
            89g fat
            100g carbs

Not noticing any repercussions of eating wheat (yet), but I'm quite tired. We worked really hard and I got to bed only at 1am and had to get up at 7am (kids going to school). Think I might take a nap right now.

I'm so relieved this is finally behind me. Now I can start thinking what I want to do with my diploma. I'm thinking about writing a gluten/grain-free cook/bake-book and baking glutenfree (grainfree) cakes & cookies & stuff for people ordering.

I'm baking again today, btw. Saturday it's summer fiesta in my boys' school and there's always a baking contest. My boys want me to bake of course. The theme is "All aboard on our cruise ship", so I'm going to make a cake looking like a boat . I'm have mixed feelings about it though :s . Here I am trying to pursue a healthy lifestyle with my family, but then I am going to bake a red-velvet cake (gluten! sugar! food coloring! more sugar!), fill it with a white chocolate-ganache-buttercream (sugar again!) and finish it with sugar paste (loads of sugar! more food coloring!). But if I really want to compete, I can't do otherwise....and my boys are hoping this year it won't be some stupid Barbie-doll-cake winning again . Oh well *sigh* at least it won't be low fat .

Comment

• Mercy! You need a warning before those pictures! They look wonderful.
              Congratulations on passing. That's great news, and you must be feeling fantastic.

Comment

• Relieved most of all right now, and proud that I made it, I really finished something .

Comment

• The cake and the custards look divine!

I agree that in order to be competitive in a bake off like that, you have to make something crappy (but oh so yummy)! Best of luck to you on your boat! I know you'll be successful. Hopefully the judges appreciate your work!

Comment

• Your cake will be great on Saturday. Beets make red and turmeric makes orange, in case you want to try that some time as an experiment -- not when boys are counting on you.

So glad you passed. That's pretty exciting. I think it sounds like a fun challenge to bake grain free, etc. and make all kinds of yummies you could send to us -- well maybe not the "send" part:-):-):-)

Comment

• Pam, you're a star! I have beetroot powder for colouring, I can use that instead of the chemical stuff! Just a little less venom in the cake .

Comment

• [cursing mode]#)"(!ydoknlvh€$<>p"#!y('!'!"')azifu@z r!yht(-&!(")!ezsujd^p$azeokd[/cursing mode] Just called DS1's school, he is no longer welcome. 7 weeks before the end of the school year, 4 weeks before the beginning of exams I have to find a school that has the same curriculum as this one and that is willing to take him. There is no such school nearby. I wish I could curse like a sailor 'cause I sure feel like cursing!!!

Comment

• Oh, Candy. I'm sorry. It really sucks that they aren't being more sympathetic to your son's needs.

Go ahead and curse like a sailor. I'm good with it. Get all that bad stuff out!

Comment

• Okay, this may be too extreme/not possible but would he be welcome back with an adult companion at his side? You when your job allows, or another relative. It is So close to the end of the school year, that it might be possible for a few adults working together to do the time, and it might be acceptable to the school. We had a boy at my daughter's school do this for a few weeks. She said it was amazing how he fell into line. I am assuming both from having his dad there, watching, and the 'shame' effect.
                            Just an idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                              Okay, this may be too extreme/not possible but would he be welcome back with an adult companion at his side? You when your job allows, or another relative. It is So close to the end of the school year, that it might be possible for a few adults working together to do the time, and it might be acceptable to the school. We had a boy at my daughter's school do this for a few weeks. She said it was amazing how he fell into line. I am assuming both from having his dad there, watching, and the 'shame' effect.
                              Just an idea.
                              Good idea!

Comment

• I'm afraid that is not possible .
                                You know, the hardest part isn't going to be finding a new school (although that'll be a real challenge already), it's getting him motivated for behaving well in this new school and at least try to work for school and make the best of it. It's (another) lost year anyway, no way he can pass; and it's hard to motivate him in the best circumstances, let alone the worst .
                                He's going to school tomorrow, to talk to the principal and they are going to (are legally obliged to) help with the search for a new school. I can't go, because I have an appointment for behavioral therapy for DS1 (first appointment is only parents, so we can talk freely...looks like they have experience!) and I'm NOT going to postpone this, especially not now! There are HUGE waiting lists and we're finally being able to get there, so I'm going there!!! Well, at least I'll know what to talk about.

Ugh, leave it tothe kid to ruin the good feeling I had this morning for passing my exam . *cursing in italian* (it's the language that works best for cursing at least it sounds great *lol*)

Comment

Working...
                                X