No announcement yet.

Candy in Primal Wonderland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candy you just exude a sunny attitude in your journal writings! I can't help but smile when I read. I enjoy your posts very much! I too love spending time with my family...even tho we can't all get together as often as we like.

have a wonderful day!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Thank you PC

I'm off to bed, it's almost 10 pm here
      Last edited by Candy in Wonderland; 04-15-2012, 12:45 PM.
      My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
      My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
      Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
      Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• oh I forgot where you live!! lol I guess it would be bedtime! Well then sleep tight!!!
        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Yesterday I was feeling very bloated and gassy and I don't know what caused it .
          This is what I ate:
          B: 2 BBBBalls, coffee with coconut milk
          L: salad with cherry tomatoes, mini-cucumber and avocado with olive oil and vinegar, homemade applesauce
          S: maybe just a little too many nuts in the car driving home from work (mixed: brazil, almonds, hazelnuts, pecan, cashew)
          Snacking while making dinner : 1 teaspoon of almond butter, 1 coconut-cream/chocolate bonbon
          D: "vol-au-vent" made with roasted chicken (leftover from yesterday) and sauce made of broth made of chicken carcasses, reduced to half and then added 2 tbsp of arrowroot; mushrooms baked in butter; I made mashed potatoes (with butter and an egg) for the kids and did have like a tbsp of that.
          Stomach feeling upset and bloated right after dinner, got gassy bit later on. I don't know if it was the arrowroot maybe? Or the tbsp of mashed potatoes? Or the (brazil) nuts in the car?

Anyhow, feeling a bit better today, but not completely yet...

Comment

• Sorry you ad an issue yesterday! Hope today is much better.. I agree with PC your journal exudes sunny and feel good sparklie!!

Comment

• Good morning CJ, you're an early bird .
              Thanks for the compliment, you and PC are making me blush

Comment

• So, the CrossFit gym I joined is doing a Summer Challenge (something like a Whole30 I think), but instead it's 2 months (from May 2nd till June 30th). Measures and pictures taken, progress is noted on a "mystery WOD", extra points for taking fish oil, register all meals and extra points for eating real/paleo foods, extra points for every WOD. I'm thinking of joining it, it might be the right occasion to get off those last 5-6 kg (11-13 lb) I still want to loose.

Comment

• Woohoow, my DH is so on this ride with me now (although he still does eat some of my homemade sourdough spelt bread)! He was home early yesterday, so we were cooking together. I wanted to make broccoli soup and was looking through my herbs and spices thinking what I could put in it to make it a little less "bland". And he said: well, we could put bacon in it. I was like first and then just kissed him! Lol! I also added a little coconut cream to it. The kids never really 'loved' broccoli soup, but yesterday there was NO complaining at all, at the contrary, they asked if there was more and had a second serving!

What I had yesterday:
                  B: 2 BBBBalls, coffee with coconut cream
                  L: salad-bar at work with 2 hardboiled eggs
                  S: full-fat Greek yogurt with 1 tsp honey
                  D: broccoli soup with bacon and coconut cream; oven roasted salmon (on skin) and ovenroasted fennel and sweet potatoes.
                  After dinner snack: a little dark chocolate and cup of tea with 1 tsp honey

Tonight I'll be at school again, I have a theory test and after that we are going to make sugar candy. I will NOT put any in my mouth .

Comment

• Just noticed my journal has stars, now how cool is that

Comment

• Those primal men, they sure know the way to our hearts. Bacon!
                      Congratulations on your stars. I remember how good it felt when I got some. It really makes you happy. (I guess kindergarten teachers know what they are doing when they use them. I need to remember that, and add some into my life. Aside: my honey still remembers his kindergarten open house, when his dad noticed he had NO gold star for being able to tie his shoes. Honey's dad sat down right there and taught him how to do it and got the teacher to add the gold star. Guess star motivation even works on Dads!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
                        This morning DH had a vasectomy, so I went to the hospital with him. After 2,5 hours we were back home . He's feeling ok.
                        Did they let you watch?
                        I remember asking the Dr. if I could watch the Farmer's.
                        I figured he watched me give birth...
                        Doc said no

Originally posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
                        Just noticed my journal has stars, now how cool is that
                        Very cool!
                        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse
                        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
                          Did they let you watch?
                          I remember asking the Dr. if I could watch the Farmer's.
                          I figured he watched me give birth...
                          Doc said no
                          Lol, had been laughing with DH about it, I know someone who did watch (she used to be a nurse and that convinced doc to let her watch) and she told me how it would be. But I just waited for him in the room, knitting on my sock .

I've been in the kitchen almost all day today . This morning I've put a pork shoulder in my slow-cooker in a first attempt to make pulled pork and it looks/smells like it's going to be really good. I've made up a batch of BBBBalls. Prepared dough for spelt sourdough bread and then started baking. I've made (primal!) coconut macaroons and hazelnut/almond cookies (also primalized!) and just finished filling these last with chocolate ganache. Oh man, this is pure sin, they are soooo good . I'm going to put the recipes on my blog now.

Today's eats:
                          B: 2 BBBBalls, coffee with coconut milk
                          L: salad with mackerel
                          S: few hazelnut/almond cookies (no grains, but with sugar)
                          D: pulled pork with romaine lettuce, salad, homemade guacamole and Greek yogurt, I'm making primal pancakes to go with all these goodies (instead of tortilla's).

Off to put my breads in the oven now!

Comment

• mmmmmm coconut macaroons! I love coconut macaroons! I can't wait to see the recipe!!

DH watched me deliver both of our kids via c-section...I think it's only right that I get to sit in and watch his surgery!
                            Primal since March 5, 2012
                            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• raspberry coconut smoothie sounds divine! toss in some cocoa and it'll be blissful!

I might have to see what I can concoct this weekend - add in some protein powder to make it a bit more "useful" in the "meal" sense.

I know that was a spambot that posted that, but I'm glad he did b/c I mighta missed that smoothie otherwise! mmmmm...
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Lol, yes, that was one of my first posts, I still did breakfast back then . It was just frozen raspberries and coconut milk mixed together. I think with some cocoa it will be divine!

Comment

Working...
                                X