No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't even think of the Lexapro. I hope it clears from your system quickly, but safely.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Thanks, Tash, but I've been on some form of antidepressant since 2003 off and on until 2005 when I went on it fulltime. And I've been gaining all of my weight since then as well, so I imagine ALL of my excess fat is riddled with an antidepressant waste product of some sort and will make its appearance as time goes on.

My run today has me all sorts of wired even though the run itself was less than inspiring. I think my body is tired from all the work I've made it do this week between running 3x and lifting once. Plus, I've been in a pretty solid ketogenic state most of the week, so I would imagine my glucose stores are running low. But then again, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. But seriously, carbs have been roughly 50 mg a day. That's 200 calories worth of carbs a day, and running burns up more than 200 calories (for me anyway), so it's my theory that my legs are draggin' b/c they're low on carbs.

Which begs the question... what's for dinner... hmmm... Not sure. I have some chicken legs in the fridge that need to get cooked up before they go bad. And I have a head of cauliflower, but we just had cauliflower and broccoli last night. hmmm... I suppose we could have potatoes... again... Maybe I'll roast them in the oven this time instead of pan frying or "french frying". I guess it's all still up in the air... and actually, come to think of it, steak sounds REALLY good. I remember walking by the "Outdoor Grille" after my run thinking it smelled like steak and that it smelled damn good. Bone-in pork chops sound good too. Guess I better text Brad and see what he wants. Hopefully it coincides with what I want.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I fully support your right to vent and I understand your frustration with the full stop on weight loss. You have been so "good". I think the gang on the W30 thread want to fix your feelings with encouragement, especially impala who as a man wants to fix stuff.

Sometimes its just important to be able to unload without friends trying to help. I would tap you with my magical weightloss wand if I could.

Hell, if I had a magical weightloss wand I'd be thin myself and filthy rich.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• From Paula's journal...
          Originally posted by jenn26point2
          Good luck vibes to the hubby! It's be a desire of mine for a long time to be an ER nurse. I even made the decision to go back to school for nursing and got my pre-reqs out of the way, then learned that the nursing programs in our area are "full time" which means you can't hold a job (well, at least not a 1st shift job - and I had a good job being active duty National Guard), and Brad and I couldn't afford for me to leave my job... so I let that dream go to the back burner. It's still there, simmering, so maybe someday I can fulfill that desire. I can retire from here in 18 years, and by that point I'll only be in my early 50's. Never to late to learn a new skill, right?
          My mom is in her mid-50s and started nursing school last year. She's been an MA for over 20 years and has always dreamed of being an RN. She's the oldest student by far. But, she's rocking the program. It's HARD, but she loves it. I'm so proud of her. Anyway, all of that to tell you yes, it's never too late.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I posted on the above in my own journal, but I'll repeat it here. My husband got his RN 4 months before his 50th birthday. He wanted to be a nurse since he graduated HS, but was discouraged at every turn.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks folks. Paula, I was really looking for people to say "Yeah, give it a shot, see how it goes", but they were all telling me to wait. I understand that I could be in a plateau situation, but really, I refuse to believe that there is nothing that can be done. And I know Impala is just trying to help, be supportive, etc, but it wasn't what I wanted to hear, despite knowing he's probably right.

I picked up a watermelon tonight. It needed more time on the vine or more time in the sun or something b/c it is NOT sweet. It's kind of yucky actually. May end up tossing this one and getting another one. *sigh*

Comment

• I LOVE watermelon! But they are so danged expensive this year!! $6 for a stupid watermelon! and they are small ones too! I'm talking about the size of a basketball. I remember as a child -- seeing watermelons that weighed 20 pounds! And were HUGE! what happened to all those? and they were always sweet and wonderful. This year I have only bought ONE watermelon! A store had them on sale for $2.88.
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I got a watermelon half that weighed 8 lbs yesterday for like $5... maybe you're just in the wrong part of the country.

Where we live, there's a sandy region that doesn't do well for other crops, so all they grow there is melons. Watermelons, cantaloup, honey dew... maybe that's why it's inexpensive around here.

Comment

• I plant it every year in the garden but have NEVER harvested one worth eating. Dunno what I'm doing wrong... But this year we have two that are easily as big as the ones in the store. SWMBO harvested one over the weekend but we have yet to cut into it. I'm hoping it's incredible. If it is, then next year I am planting lots...
                    Height: 5' 10"
                    Starting Weight: 292
                    Starting Primal Weight: 275
                    Current weight: 224
                    Goal weight: 172
                    Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Feeling incredibly bloated today. I've been straying from the W30 b/c I'm frustrated with the lack of progress. I've literally lost NOTHING in 23 days. The first time I did a W30, it lasted 23 days and I lost 10 lbs. I understand the concept of plateauing and my body saying "oh, look at this! I like what you've done with the place", but seriously, wait until I'm DONE to stop and admire, would ya, body??

So, I've been straying. Indulging in some more "primal non-primal" foods like rice chex, gluten free cookies, etc. And today I'm bloated to beat hell.

I'm on the straight and narrow path today b/c I'm really uncomfortable in my clothes and don't want to remain this way. I'm planning to finish out my W30, but right now I'm following a 75/25 plan at best - for the last few days anyway.

Ran yesterday and that went really well. Wouldn't even know it because my calves feel WONDERFUL! I had negative splits for most of my intervals (meaning each interval was a little bit faster than the last) which is good. That's how it's supposed to be - start out a little on the slow side and speed it up as you move along. That alone makes me want to get back out there and run again today, but I didn't bring my jog bra, so not happening.

My son is doing well with the no gluten thing... not so well with the no red dye 40 thing. I'm not sure what effect it's having on him as we haven't been as consistent with him as I'd like to be. Friday he was with MIL and they went to feed the ducks. She said he popped a little piece of bread in his mouth without asking... and Saturday night he took the liberty of ordering himself some chicken strips at the race track and by the time I caught up with him (he takes off and I struggle to keep up with him). Anyhow, the worst part of it was that he didn't stay in line to pay for them, and had already taken a bite so I couldn't tell him to give them back and get something else. So there was a lesson there - DS was instructed that he is to order NO food unless I am there to pay for it. That was the number 1 problem. Second was that it was breaded and fried chicken strips... *sigh* kids...

OMG I am so bloated! lol It sucks to sit here.

I slept like crap last night b/c there were a TON of interruptions. I went to bed early, but it doesn't matter. DS came in early, then DD woke up and I had to go tend to her. Put DS back in his bed. Then dog started barking. Told him to shut the hell up (it was 1 am... what did he need to be barking for??) He quieted, only for the neighbor's dog to start barking and not stop. DS comes back in. Dogs start barking again. DS tells me that the dog barking is DD fussing... WTH was he doing in our bed again??? Too tired to do anything about it. Then 4 am comes around and DD wakes up. Won't lay back down. Offer her some milk and she lays down. Go to cover her up and realize why she's not wanting to lay down - her diaper leaked and her bed is wet... *sigh* Get her out of bed, change her diaper and bring her to our bed to avoid changing sheets at 4 am. So now, there are 4 people in our bed. Of course, DD is balled up and up against me as close as she can get. I think that's super cute and I love cuddling with her, but not when I'm trying to sleep! So, sleep sucked.

Discovered a missing lug nut on my car on Sunday. Brad went around and retorqued all the wheels to ensure the rest of the lug nuts were tight. Had the tires rotated a few weeks ago (3 or 4 at this point), so contacted the place that did the work. They say it's been too long and the guy I talked to said he may not be able to replace the lug nut at this point. It's a $2 part, so that's not the problem. The problem is that the lug nut wasn't on tight enough to be safe, as such, it fell off and two others loosened. FIL says to check the studs b/c having a wheel loose can damage the studs and cause them to break, causing the whole wheel to fall off. The guy at the counter didn't seem interested in helping me until I said "What if the wheel had come off? What's the coverage for that?" Then he was willing to take my name, number and the model of my car to check into getting me a new lug nut. I don't mind replacing the lug nut myself. I wanted them to acknowledge that they screwed up and it could have been very costly, if not deadly had the wheel come off. I wanted them to realize the severity of what had happened. And that no, I won't be allowing them to work on my car anymore. There's a lot more to the story that makes me question their competency... for one, the guy who rotated the tires said my lugs were swollen and needed replaced and that he had to beat the socket on and off of them to rotate them. He told me what size socket he used. When I relayed this to Brad, he got excited and said they're idiots b/c the lug nuts clearly say they're metric, and that a 19mm socket fits perfectly on them. They were using an imperial measurement socket (like a 13/16 or something like that). Strike one. Strike 2 is that steel doesn't swell... it rusts, but it doesn't swell. What he indicated to me was the problem isn't a problem. My car has steel lugs that are coated in chrome to be "pretty". The steel is rusting (thus making the lug nut appear to get bigger) and is causing the chrome to crack and break. The lug nut is still a 19 mm. Strike 3 is that when they were changing my oil, a heat shield fell off and instead of putting it back on, they put it in my trunk... really? So, no more Army MWR Auto Skills shop working on my car. I'll find someone else, even though it was super convenient with them literally being out the back door at work.

Ok, I think that's all... I have class tonight so it's going to be a long day. Plans of getting an 2 eggs OM with hashbrowns, ham, onions and green peppers tonight for dinner before hand for the Village Inn. If I have time...

Comment

• You got a lot going on there girl! The bloating sucks! Since I stopped the dairy I haven't been bloated at all - gotta love that! But, not losing either. Still stuck at 189.

My hubby seems to always be behind the person who is going to lose a wheel off their car! I actually accused him of lying cuz he would call and tell me he was going to be late because he was helping someone put the wheel back on their car - this happened like 3 times in the first couple years we were married! Seriously? I've NEVER seen a wheel come off a car - but he's seen it happen lots of times! Maybe cuz he passes a Les Schwab to get the boatshop. I don't know......... but I had to giggle at your story. Its pretty common for them to miss one or an entire wheel --- they work very fast!

I'm so sorry about your bad nights sleep. Being drug out from not sleeping well makes everything seem that much worse! And a long day on top of it......... ugh! Tomorrow will be a better day!
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I see it happen all the time on race cars, but never on regular "street" cars. I'm scared to put my kids in the car without the lugnut b/c FIL says that having one missing makes the other's loosen up and risk coming off. I mean, I want a new car, but I don't want to get one b/c I've rolled this one, ya know? Besides, this one is paid off and we don't have the room for a payment just yet!

Comment

• well -- I think at normal street speeds the chance of crashing is pretty low. Hubby says the wheel rolls off and the car just keeps going on three. Maybe at highway speeds it would be more dangerous. Stop at a local parts store and pick one up.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• OMG the bloat... did I feel like this ALL the time before finding Paleo??? Seriously? B/c I feel like total crap right now...

which is probably a good thing b/c there are times when I'm trying to evaluate how I feel and I think "do I feel good? Really? How do I know if I feel good?" I guess this will be my measuring stick.

SUGAR IS BAD!! IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A DEAD BLOATED COW THAT HAS BEEN BAKING IN THE SUN ABOUT TO BURST OPEN. Seriously. I feel like garbage. *sick face* (Why is there no puking or green smiley??)

Comment

• sorry.......... It will pass.......... hang in there!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X