No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 24... briefly saw 212 on the scale this morning. Did a happy dance while on the scale and I think that pissed it off b/c when I stepped off and back on, it jumped to 213 and 214... Note to self - don't dance with your fat ass on the scale. The poor thing has already been abused! hahaha

Didn't sleep well last night. Didn't get to bed until a little after 11. Started to doze off and a train came though town. Then DS came to our bedroom, so I had to take him back to his room. Then the cat would wake me up, and DS came into our room once again. It was an unproductive sleep night.

My foot is killing me today! I've been suspicious that I was developing plantar faciatis (sp??) for quite some time now, but chose to ignore it and just kind of lightened the workouts. I've been riding the bike or walking instead of running, but apparently even walking was too much for it. It hurts pretty bad today, so I'm going to forego any kind of walking today (for exercise). May even go barefoot when I can to stretch things out.

I think I might make spaghetti for dinner tonight. Real spaghetti for the picky eaters and spaghetti squash for myself. I have quite a bit of the homemade primal spaghetti sauce I found (here, I think) that I put in the freezer. Thaw that out, heat it up and dinner will be ready! YAY!

Ok, I'm out of things to ramble about... I started reading the weight loss section of the Primal Blueprint... brought it to work so maybe I'll get that out and do some reading as there is NOTHING else going on here... Have a good one, everybody.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Take good care of your foot! If it doesn't get better make sure to have a doctor have a look at it!
      My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
      My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
      Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
      Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

I just looked through the user created cookbook (one of the freebies) and there is some stuff near the end that looks way bizzare! There's a squid salad (I think it was a salad) and the picture shows the tentacles all splayed out and it just looked creepy... Like someone dropped an octopus in my food... lol

And I discovered that beef heart doesn't look so bizarre when it's sliced up and cooked... looks like regular beef. However, I don't think it'll be anytime soon that I slap a beef heart on my counter to prepare it for dinner...

Comment

Squid is lovely, especially the tentacles . But hey, I'm European (half Italian even)

Comment

I learned something about someone tonight... my chiropractor, who has been my chiropractor for about 14 years, is PRIMAL!! He raises his own grass-fed beef even! I knew he had an organic farm, but I thought he produced grain products (and he might have since he just went primal in November). His daughter BALLOONED when she ate school lunches in 3rd grade so they did some research and went organic. Now they're primal! HAHA! ANOTHER doctor in my corner! I LOVE IT! (PS, he's DH's chiropractor too. *snicker*).

Comment

Now that's a really good primal support!

Comment

Dr. Jay has been a family friend in DH's family for many, many years. So, naturally he's been DH's chiropractor for a long time. He has also sponsored DH's race car for about 13 or 14 years... so, needless to say, he's very influencial in DH's life. If ANYONE can push DH over the edge into a Primal lifestyle, it's Dr. Jay.

He exhibited real concern for DH last night and said this would be a perfect lifestyle for him. And I agree wholeheartedly. I hope DH is able to take the steps necessary to improve his health.

Comment

The hardest part of this lifestyle that I'm dealing with is breaking the habit of eating at a certain time. During the week, my days are pretty well structured. Get up, get ready for work, drive to work, get to work, eat breakfast at work, eat a snack about 10, go to the gym, eat lunch, eat a snack, go home, nibble while cooking dinner/doing dishes/laundry, etc, eat dinner, veg on couch, eat snack, go to bed.

Since adopting the Primal Blueprint, my life/routine has had to change and it's difficult at times b/c I did the other for so long that I almost did it all on autopilot.

Now my mornings are the same, except I don't have a snack now. But come 10:30 or 11:00, something trips in my brain and makes me think I need to eat something. So, then I battle with the "Oh, but I want to eat..." my stress level increases and all I can think about is food... what do you do when that happens?

I'm not hungry. I just ate breakfast at 9. I had 3 sausage links (I found some natural, no preservatives one, but later discovered there's sugar... dang it!) and 3 hard boiled eggs. I am freaking full - to the gills! I probably won't need lunch until about 2 or 3. But... my brain is saying it's time to eat.

I won't eat b/c I know I don't need to... but the mental battle is sometimes too much to deal with. I think I'll wander around the building to see if getting my mind away from it will help.

Time to move slowly and distribute the mail.

Comment

This^ the thing I hate the most is the constant thoughts of food, eating, weight, etc. Life should be so much more than this. But verytime I relax my guard and deciode to eat intuitively I find myself grazing from waking until sleeping!!! I wish there really was a switch that we could flick off!

Comment

I'm back... and thinking about food still. Might have to just go to the gym.

Comment

I think I'd be ok if I wasn't sitting here bored with nothing to do except read about everyone's primal adventures - where, of course, we talk about food!

At 11:30, after I get the conference call started for the bosses, I'll be able to duck out and go to the gym. LHT is on the plan for today. Then I'll ride the stationery bike for 20 minutes - at a leisurely pace. No unnecessary walking. My foot feels better after the chiro last night, but I don't want to do too much too quickly and reinflame it. So, walking to the gym and back only. Riding the bike should be ok. And it'll allow me to do some reading.

Comment

Jenn I have had PF for over a year and a half. I have had periods of months where I cannot do anything on it. When that happens I usually ride my bike a lot. I have never had an inflammation last so long anywhere else. When I had lost so much weight before it was much better, now that I have gained most of my #'s back it is getting worse again. Icing helps but other than that not much else that I have found!

Comment

Jenn, whatever 'truths' you need to put in your journal will always be respected by me and I am assuming the rest of our primal 'tribe' I have never seen such a nice bunch of people coming together in a shared cause. ((hugs))

Comment

So, I went to the gym and got back in time to attend the retirement ceremony at work (we had 12 soldiers and civilians retire recently) so I still haven't had lunch. It's 3:30. Dinner is in (hopefully) 3 hours. Thinking I might just skip lunch all together. I felt hungry during the ceremony, but I'm ok now. I think I just *want* to eat more than I *need* to eat. Maybe I'll satisfy that desire with a square of dark chocolate...

Workout went well. It was tough. Lots of tired muscles. Then did a nice relaxing 4 miles or so on the stationary bike.

Not sure what dinner will be tonight. Maybe pork chops or something.

Or maybe I'll eat lunch (leftover spaghetti squash and primal spaghetti sauce) and skip dinner... maybe have a bowl of berries and whipped cream later or something...

What do you suggest?

Edited to add that DH isn't going to be home for dinner, so I am eating lunch and will just feed the kids tonight. DH is on his own, which probably means McDonald's gut clogging garbage.
                              Last edited by jenn26point2; 03-29-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I had to smile when I saw we had the exact same breakfast today, at about the same time. Yay for eggs and sausage!
                                It IS difficult to break free from conventional eating times and schedules, especially when you are feeding a family.

Comment

Working...
                                X