No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalli's journal made me think of this...

Last night, standing in my undies in front of the mirror, I realized that my butt has definition now, and I think it's b/c my thighs have gotten smaller. You can see an outward curve where the hammie muscle lives, then a curve inward (or rather toward the front), then another outward curve where the butt starts... that inward curve never used to be there. It was a happy momemt for me. Maybe I'll take a picture (in jeans) to illustrate. Maybe.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• No, we want to see the underwear. JK

Running - You make some good points. I was never taught how to run. Running to me means gym class in HS and every year trying to do the presidential fitness mile trial while being 30 lbs overweight and a smoker (from the age of twelve).
      Now that I think about it, every time I have done sprinting sessions a la Sisson, I have felt like Wonder Woman afterwards.

Your project sounds wonderful. We need something similar for new teachers to our district.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I don't know how to run either. Boyfriend said he'd teach me someday, but I really don't like it because of how difficult it is for me right now. Maybe when my cardio is better (from biking), I'll give Couch to 5k a shot.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• I also hated running in high school (and in the Army) because I was a smoker. In the Army (for training) they forced us to quit smoking, and running got a hell of a lot easier (I ran 2 miles in 17:13 at one point - I was dying, but I did it), but once I left training, the first thing I did was buy a Hostess Ding Dong, a donut, Burger King and a pack of smokes. Consumed all the food on the 20 minute drive to the airport.

Then I quit smoking again in 2004 when Brad and I moved in together and at some point started back up again. In 2005, I stopped again b/c I refused to smoke in my wedding dress and didn't want cigarettes to be on my mind all day. Then I started again in 2007 after my son was born b/c I was selected to deploy for a year when he was only 3 months old. Then quit again at some point, then became a closet smoker until some point in 2008, at which time I finally kicked the habit for good. Haven't smoked since December 27, 2008.

In the time that I was a closet smoker (2004-2005 - during wedding planning) I was running. In 2007, I was supposed to run a half marathon with a friend, but got a respiratory infection near the end of training, so I didn't finish and didn't run the race. (It was after this time, I think, that I picked up smoking again b/c we were nearing our departure date for deployment - I didn't end up going b/c I didn't clear medical thanks to the mental health issues I was experiencing). In 2008 and 2009 I did a little running. End of 2009, I was pregnant with my daughter and did NO exercise. In 2010, starting in July, I ran and ran and ran and ran and ran. In 2011, I completed 6 half marathons and a 20k (12.4 miles). I also spent all of 2011 with some form of running injury. Stopped running in February 2012 to heal. Now I'm back b/c I want to improve on those races I ran.

Anyhow... that's the backstory, I guess, on my smoking and running history. lol

Comment

• I quit something like 10 yrs ago. My college buddy was still a smoker when she was single, so every time I visited her I would smoke all weekend and come home with a cough and a great bar room smell. Ah, the good old days.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
              Can I ask why you "hate" running?
              *hand raised in earnest* "OH ME ME - PICK ME!!" ............... I hate running because everything jiggles and bounces and because you have to do it out in public where other people are watching everything jiggling and bouncing!!!

thats why I hate running.
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm confused........... are you currently serving in the military? Either way - thanks for serving our country - as messed up as it is! I knew you worked on a military base - but I thought you were a civilian employee - didn't realize you had been/are a soldier! You have my gratitude!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I am prior service. I did 9 years. Now I work as a civilian. Thank you.

As for everything jiggling... everyone jiggles. Even the skinny chicks jiggle. There are clothes that reduce jiggle - spandex under your shorts reduces jiggle in the butt and thighs and adds an extra "slick" layer to prevent chaffing. And you can wear tankini type tops under tshirts to reduce jiggle in the upper area.

And honestly, no one will notice your jiggle... do you notice the jiggle when you see girls running?

Comment

• Umm, yes.
                    I notice the jiggle.
                    My honey notices the jiggle.
                    I'm afraid almost everyone notices the jiggle.
                    Because it is jiggly!

Comment

• As a guy, I love to watch women run but not for the reasons you ladies might think. Instead of watching things that jiggle, I love to watch a woman's pony tail do circles as she runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primate View Post
                        As a guy, I love to watch women run but not for the reasons you ladies might think. Instead of watching things that jiggle, I love to watch a woman's pony tail do circles as she runs.
                        That's awesome!

See, Sabine, not everyone notices the jiggle.

Comment

• Heehee. Ponytails circles ARE pretty awesome.

Comment

• Frustrated vent:

I know that with weight loss comes plateaus. I accept that. What I don't accept is that I have to 'wait it out'. If I wait it out and it takes months, how do I know that I could have done something to shorten it? On the W30 thread, the group is telling me to be patient and wait it out. I know their intentions are good, but hearing that is annoying at best. I've read (while following CW) that every 4 weeks your body adapts to what you're doing and to continue seeing results you have to change things up.

So, after 5 months of following Primal/Paleo, and completing (almost) two whole30's for a total weight loss of 32 lbs, my body has come to a screeching halt. I know things are still "working" b/c my body is still getting smaller. But I didn't set a size goal... I set a weight goal of 182... at 182, I get to purchase my entry into a half marathon as my reward.

I'm 7 lbs away... 7 lbs away from my pre-baby weight. It has taken 6 years to find a system/way of eating/exercising that works and will get me there... I'm 7 lbs away and STUCK. 7 lbs. Based on the experiences I'd had with my last two w30's, I had expected to lose that and then some this time around and blow that goal out of the water... it's annoying that I'm not going to reach that goal.

What baffles me the most is that weight loss didn't slow... it just STOPPED. Hit a brick wall and stopped. I'd be more accepting of this if it had slowed and allowed for at few pounds lost at least... but it just stopped.

So naturally, I'm scrutinizing my diet and what I am doing differently this time that I wasn't doing during previous W30's. The only difference is the fruit I'm eating. Before I was eating copious amounts of watermelon and now I'm eating strawberries/pineapple and coconut milk "ice cream". I mentioned that I was going to switch back to watermelon since that's the only thing that's changed, and commented that maybe by giving up the watermelon, I reduced my fluid intake too much and that's why I'm not losing. I mentioned that I was going to experiment and see if replacing my "ice cream" with watermelon would make any kind of difference. I mean, everything's an experiment right? Try it out, see what happens. With any luck, the weight will start falling again. If not, no harm, no foul, get back to life.

I'm venting this here b/c I don't think they understand exactly what I'm going for here. Yes, the scale weight is bothering me. But it's not so much the actual number as its the sudden STOPPING of all weight loss. I went from 10 lbs lost in 23 days to 10 more pounds lost in 25 days, to ZERO pounds lost in 19 days. That to me is bothersome because it makes no sense that it would just abruptly stop and not taper or slow a bit. Just stopped.

So, I'm going to recreated the conditions of my first two whole 30's and see if anything changes. If not, ok... hopefully running/LHT will help. The whole30 has always been a weight loss tool for me. I know it's a "health" tool, but I have already converted my diet to be primal so I don't need a "health" tool. I already have one. If this doesn't work, I'll accept that I have plateaued and will keep working to bust through it. But for now, this is the attempt I am going to make and hopefully it works. It's an experiment.

Ok. vent over.

Comment

• Good vent! Whole30 is generally a conversion tool, IMO, or a way to get on track with health. So you are right that the thread here is probably not going to fully understand your concerns on fat loss right now. I like the sound of your experiment and hope it works out well for you!
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Another theory - unrelated to weight loss.

I'm not sure how long it's been now since I quit taking Lexapro (I could probably figure it out, but eh...) - I'm guessing about 6-8 weeks or so. Anyhow, I'm still experiencing withdrawal effects (zaps). Someone told me that Lexapro is fat soluable and once the liver is done with it, the waste is stored in the fat cells. If this is true, then I've come across another theory...

I am noticing a trend... when I'm ketogenic, I zap a lot. When I'm eating carbs, I do not zap as much, if at all. And since I zap when in a ketogenic state, this leads me to believe that what I was told is true.

Which also means that I'll be zapping for a long freaking time.

Comment

Working...
                                X