No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dose is 1 mg, but b/c I don't take it frequently (can't remember the last time I used it) I only do 1/2 a 1 mg tablet, so I took 1/2 a mg. I'm functioning just fine, but definitely feel "under the influence" and certainly moving more slowly and more mellow today. Certainly not feeling stressed although I have a lot to feel stressed about...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Waaaaait a minute - read your posts, appreciated every word (and thanks for summing up my religious beliefs because I've never been able to articulate it the way you did, even though how you said it was so simple! not in a "simple-stupid" way but simple sentence way!), but I just can't stop fixating on THIS:

"(with the exception of the quarter I need for the cart at Aldi)"

Now hang on - do you need to pay a quarter for a grocery cart?

What is this blasphemy....

Julia Goolia

Comment

• Aldi is a weird, albeit economical, store. They don't lose or have to clean up carts that way. They are all chained together and you need a quarter to get one. They also do not have bags of any kind, so don't forget to bring your own.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I understand the reasoning of why a market would put this in place, I just found it odd because I've
          seen nothing like that around here.

I'm neighbors with Google and Ebay in Silicon Valley, so not necessarily in the sticks or a ginormous metropolis,
          so I'd think there would be at least onnnne store around here that did that, but there aren't any.

I bet there's something like that in San Francisco though...maybe... where people may want to take the carts and use them
          for their own personal use...

So the patrons of Aldi actually replace the carts when they're finished? They just don't leave them pell-mell all over the place?

And yes on bringing your own bags. California has been bag free for 2+ years now. However, you can buy a paper one for 10 cents if you forgot your own.

Julia

Comment

• Yes, Otherwise you don't get your quarter back.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Ah now see, I was GOING to ask, "do you get your quarter back if you return the cart?" but I thought it would be a stupid question! HA!

That's a hoot.

Well that's a cool deal they have in place then.

They should have that everywhere, cuz I ALWAYS return my cart.... but selfishly, only because it gets me more steps on my fitbit to beat my sister's steps. Hahahahaha!

Thanks for the 411 Paula.

Comment

• Aldi is a different animal all together. If you go to their website you can read why they're able to offer goods at such low prices in comparison to say Walmart and Target. Most of it is b/c they don't have people wandering the parking lots collecting carts. You pay 25c for the cart and when you return it, you get your 25c back. They don't have an employee collecting carts b/c the patrons are collecting them.

Another way they save money is by offering a limited product line - they don't have 50 different brands of pretzels, for instance - only one. They don't have 4 different brands of milk - only one. They don't place things nicely on a shelf like at Walmart and Target - it's mostly warehouse-ish. They cut open cases of product and then stack them like you'd find at a Sam's or Costco. This cuts down on employees needed to make sure the boxes are all dress-right-dress. On the busiest Aldi day I've experienced, there were only 3 employees present - one moving pallets of product, one working the register (which they have down to an exact science) and a manager in the office doing bookwork or whatever who would come out to assist as needed - usually on a register or when there's been a blueberry spill in produce (thanks to my daughter).

Whew... I thought you were going to get on me for not also giving that quarter to the guy... truth be told, if I don't keep a quarter in a special spot in my car, I will forget to take a quarter EVERY SINGLE TIME...

In less interesting news... I'm starting our 2015 budget. I'm feeling stressed financially right now and soooo very thankful to have $750 in commission coming on the 10th. Thanks to not planning adequately for vehicle registration, I am behind on my bills. I weighed the priority between the car payment and the registration and decided that the car payment was less urgent than the registration. If I don't have our tags renewed by 1 October, we can get pulled over and ticketed by the police. The 15 day grace period on the auto loan will save us there. However, I will also be late on a credit card payment so there will be a $35 late payment charge, but there again, that's less than the ticket for not having registered plates on our vehicles. Once the commission check comes, I'll be current on all things and back in the black. I'm working on the 2015 budget now so I can work that registration into it Dave Ramsey style - paying a small chunk a week/month so we don't run into this again. I also moved the registration for my car to April so we won't get a registration bill for 4 plates at once again (boat, racing trailer, camper, my car all came due in September. I could have delayed the boat, camper and racing trailer plates to April as well as we won't be using them anytime over the winter, but their plates are only like $20 each, so it didn't seem necessary). While it's not ideal how I have it set up, it's comfortable for me and there's a plan. That's what matters as far as I'm concerned. We have a couple of medical bills, too. Brad's CPAP is very expensive and we have a bill with the local clinic, but I have a plan for both of those as well. Both should be gone by mid-December. Between now and then, I will also be saving nearly $1300 for Christmas. Thank heavens for Holiday Exemptions on loans at our credit unions... AND, I have a plan for saving the $1,000 for our emergency fund. If we follow the plan, all Thirty-One commissions can go toward debts as planned. And up to this point, they had been... just gotta keep plugging away.

Gawd, being an adult sucks.
                Last edited by jenn26point2; 09-29-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• You are inspiring me to try Aldi again And to revisit my Dave Ramsey materials.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I only practice part of Dave's theory. The debt snowball and the $1000 emergency fund, plus saving for a rainy day. Those are the ideals I practice - on paper... sometimes they don't happen in real life. I'm working on it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• at least you practice. no matter what I do I can't get past a 1000 in savings. And I am shooting for 10000.
                      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                      height 5'3
                      SW 215 lbs
                      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                      LW 172 lbs
                      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Right now, I am only shooting for $1,000. Once we get everything except our mortgage paid off, I will save 6 months income for that inevitable rainy day.

Comment

• Tasha spoke in her journal about not caring what others think... this is a very hard thing to do. I'm interested in cutting ties with some people, but I'm curious to know what they think of it, how they react to it, and what they say about me as a result. I must work on this not caring thing she speaks of.

Comment

• My mentor's grandmother told him "It's none of your business what other people think of you."

I always figure I have no control over it anyway. That they come with their own issues, pov, and needs, and I may as well not take it personally and just do me.

One of my therapist always told me that everyone is responsible for their own thoughts, feelings, and actions. It helps me not feel guilty or anxious about making other people feel a certain way, because that isn't my responsibility.

Just some pearls if they help, great, if not, throw them back to the sea...
                            My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• I think if I were to just disappear from this person's life - intentionally - they'd probably not notice, so I think I'll go that route. No sense in announcing that I'm done with that person, ya know? Then it won't matter what they think b/c it'll be a while before they notice - kind of like when someone unfriends you on fb... all of a sudden you're like "hey, where did so and so go?" and they've been gone for weeks. I'm done associating with people who don't bring me pleasure. Life is too short.

Today is day 10 of my 21 day sugar detox. I'm doing well. My breath was retched last night so I got out a ketostick. I know I eat pretty low carb when I do a detox b/c fruits and starchy veggies aren't allowed on the detox. I increase my other veggies but apparently it's not enough to maintain a higher carb intake. Anyway, I got "small amount" on the stick.

On a completely unrelated note, I read the there is a confirmed case of Ebola in North Texas. This scares the shit out of me. I'm probably borrowing trouble by being stressed by that, but seriously... I don't want my kids exposed. I don't want to have to worry about my kids getting something that dangerous, you know? The thought of my kids being in quarantine and not being able to hug them and hold them and kiss them tears my heart to shreds. So, I'm reading up on the info we have at work about it. I'm not sure I should be reading it - I think it'll just increase my fears, but maybe it'll help me to understand how it works and how to avoid it as well. In any event, I'm scared. Sure, it's only one guy and he's in quarantine right now, but how many people did he come into contact with between Africa and here? How many people were on that plane with him? Could he have sneezed or coughed while in the major airports and not covered it? How many people were exposed there? How any things did he touch after touching his mouth in that airport? How many hands have touched that handrail after him? How many people has he shaken hands with after sneezing between getting off the plane and going into quarantine? How many times did he kiss his kids? His wife? His mom? Sister? Potentially HUNDREDS of people that he's come into contact with that could have been infected! And how many people could they have potentiall infected? THOUSANDS! This isn't an addition equation... this is an exponential equation! If one person infects 6 people and those 6 people infect 6 people, we've now got 37 people sick. If those 36 new exposures all infect 6 people... we're now up to 216 people sick or infected! If those 216 people each infect 6 people... you get the point. It won't take long to spread. This whole think makes me thing of the plague outbreak in the movie The Stand. That's what I envision...

I'm petrified. How do I keep this away from my family now that it's in the states? *sigh* Must research now.

Comment

• Great. Thanks Jenn. I just spent 30 minutes reading about Ebola and other deadly viruses.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X