No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey girl, I read a few pages of your journal to catch up. I hope you don't mind, but I would like to respond conversationally to a few things, just because I feel like talking a bit.

On the "friend" front, I have gotten to a point in life where I realize that I have limited time, and limited energy. This means that I have to pick who I give my time to and where I spend my energy, even mental/psychic energy, with joyful precision. If you don't give me joy, then that is precisely why I don't give you time or energy. It is a constant struggle to remember this when dealing with people bc guilt, shoulds, and other absolute bullshit reasons that this is selfish behavior crop up. In the end though, anything I give to those who don't bring me joy, takes away from time and energy that could be given to those that do, such as hubs, my Mom, my baby, or MYSELF!

I have been practicing giving up the addiction to being busy. To always having to be busy. I have started practicing staring out the window not thinking, not doing, just looking at what is right there in front of me. I have started to see more of the beauty of life. And all the beauty that is in my life right now. Try it, it rocks and helps with anxiety after the initial anxiety of I should be doing something.

I can't read books anymore since I went back to college, even though I graduated 5 years ago. All these damn lit up boxes I stare at all the time have also stolen my ability to focus. I think I'll get a library card so I can checkout some audio books to listen to while I take walks and garden and clean house and such. I get to hear stories and keep my mind busy when I do tasks that I would rather put off.

And woot!!! on the new team members! THAT is the key to really growing your business. I work in the corporate office of a direct sales company and have tons of friends in this type of business. You can really make a difference in their lives and your own family's lives by growing team. Doing well while doing good! Go on with yourself.

Thanks for the virtual "chat." My mommy brain thanks you!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Awww. It's so nice to be liked. Good chat. And I agree wholeheartedly with everything you've said. I will practice the "doing nothing". It sounds nice.

I also want to post that...........

I GOT THE JOB!!!!

*throws confetti*
      Last edited by jenn26point2; 09-24-2014, 02:05 PM.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Yay!!!!!!

Comment

• Awesome. Congratulations!
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Woohoo!
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Woohoo on the new job!!!!!
              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Congratulations on the new job, Jenn.

YOU DESERVE THIS 100 GAJILLION PERCENT.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Julia

Comment

• Thanks guys! I'm really excited. We're going through pre-employment screening now - turning in official transcripts and verifying security clearance. Then I think I'll be contacted by the hiring office and we'll discuss start date and all that. I suspect I'll be here until the last couple of weeks of October. It's not a promotion (yet) so my current office can hold me for 4 weeks if they wish - I don't think they would, but if it's not necessary for me to be at the new job in 2 weeks, I think they'll request I stay for 4 weeks. I'm cool with staying for 4 weeks b/c I know it'll be at least 2 months before they get a replacement in here. We're still working on hiring 7 positions we posted when I got the temporary promotion way back 3 months ago! They're just now interviewing those positions...

Day 4 sugar detox - doing well. Sugar cravings are minimal now. I don't feel constantly hypoglycemic and I don't feel the need to eat all the time now. This is comforting.

I just noticed the Primal Blueprint Certification program... by my work computer does not like the site so none of the graphics show up. How much is the certification? Does it say on the info page?

Speaking of "careers". I signed up a new recruit (my first) last night. And I am closing out almost $3000 in sales this month with Thirty-One. That's $750 in commission this month... Oh, if only every month were like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                    Keizer may need to hire hazmat team to clean up park | KOIN.com

Portland KOIN news has done a story on the mess left behind by the homeless people who were living in the park right behind our house. We are hoping this bad publicity will be an embarrassment to the City Council and to the Parks Department and they will realize that everything we warned them about has now come to pass.
                    This rant is based off of Tomi's post above but is not geared toward any one person alone... I see this shit all over the place and it's pissing me right the hell off.

Sometimes mistakes are made... even if they did screw up by allowing this park and you all said this would happen, there's no changing the past. I don't understand the "I told you so" fixation society seems to have. Decisions are made, shit happens... learn from it and move on. The "if they would have listened to me/us, none of this would have happened" mentality solves nothing. How about we stop placing blame and come together to rectify the situation?

What happened to the park is an unfortunate thing, but it can be cleaned up. Tax dollars will be spent to fix it and that sucks, but what's done is done. It is what it is.

That's one of the big things wrong with this world (especially in politics)... too many people are hell bent on being able to say "I told you so" rather than just forgiving mistakes made. We're human. We dream big. We think optimistically. And we vote with our hearts. Sometimes, those votes turn out to be the wrong decision. You can't blame a person for trying to make the world a better place by providing beautiful parks for people to enjoy.

And I can't help but mention the fact that if housing for these individuals was provided, or better health care was in place to help them with their mental health disorders, maybe they wouldn't be wandering around and populating parks and living a sad life. I grew up having NEVER seen a homeless person. Never. Not once. In the last two or three years, I've seen at least one everyday. At least one person is pushing their cart around on the sidewalks or standing on a street corner asking for spare change. Most of them didn't choose this fate deliberately and they're most certainly not bad people - they're people who fell on bad times and had no way to rectify the situation. They're not stray animals... they're PEOPLE. Our judgemental society is terrible and it makes me sick. I see memes on FB about rescuing homeless animals and stopping animal cruelty, but not ONCE have I seen a meme about rescuing a homeless PERSON or stopping the cruelty they experience everyday.

Country founded on Christian principles my ass... People who say they're Christians and believe in the teachings of loving one another but DON'T lift a finger to help a less fortunate person make me sick. Homeless people need help. Want them out of your parks? HELP THEM!! Donate to causes that provide them clothing and shelter. Donate to causes that help them find jobs. Donate to causes that provide them the necessary mental health care they need. Donate to causes that help feed them. VOLUNTEER your time if you can't volunteer your dollars. Create a group whose sole mission is to ensure homeless folks are aware of the programs out there to help them (as many don't know they even exist but would gladly seek it out if they were aware). But don't sit there and tell me you're a Christian and then judge them because they're less fortunate. Don't sit there and tell me you're a Christian and then judge someone because they're addicted to drugs or have a severe mental health condition or have lost all hope and know no solution to their current plight. Don't sit there and tell me you're a Christian and then judge someone because their political decision wasn't what you wanted or didn't work out the way they had planned and you "knew" all along it would fail. Shit happens. "I told you so" just makes the speaker sound like a self-righteous asshole and there are enough of those in this world... don't add to the population, PLEASE.

No... not Christian ideals... ME ideals. Everyone's so focused on what THEY want or what THEY need... screw everyone else as long as I have what I need... it's bullshit. And I'm tired of seeing it.

Comment

• So now that I've preached, I'm going to tell what I do and why I do it.

When I see a homeless guy asking for change, I give it to him. I dump the change cup in my car right into his cup (with the exception of the quarter I need for the cart at Aldi).

When I have extra clothes laying around my house, I don't give them to Goodwill or the Salvation Army - I give them to shelters.

When I have extra household goods I'm not using anymore, I don't give them to Goodwill or the Salvation Army - I give them to the DV shelter.

I give toys to the DV shelter.

I donate canned and boxed (as much as it pains me) food items to the food pantry.

I'm not the most upstanding citizen in this country and I question God, the Holy Trinity, blah blah blah... but I do know Jesus was a real person who did good things while he was alive. Do I believe he was the son of God? No.

Do I believe in Christianity? Partially. I believe that the 10 Commandments are the most moral way to live... do I believe I'll go to hell if I don't abide by them? Not a chance.

My religion is KINDNESS. Straight up, kindness. Being kind to those around me.

When I was working toward my Master's degree, one of our assigments was 8 hours of volunteer time. The instructor chose our charity. Half the class went to the Sisters of Humility soup kitchen and the other half of us went to Family Resources. I went to Family Resources. I learned that day just how grateful people who have nothing really are. The people who came to Family Resources were so grateful for the work the organization provided - which was to provide shelter, clothing, basic necessities, basic health care, and life coaching to those who fell on bad times. Most of them were domestic violence victims who were fleeing for their lives and had nowhere else to go.

We then had to have lunch at the soup kitchen. At the soup kitchen, they served a hodge podge of whatever food items they could get from local grocery stores (Walmart donated nearly rotten veggies and Target donated soon to be expired frozen fish). If you'd seen just the faces of the homeless individuals who were eating there that day, you'd swear they were enjoying a 5-star meal. They were SO incredibly grateful for what was probably their only meal that day. Most of them lived in the homeless shelter across the street - provided there was a cot for them that night. Winter was coming so the shelter was asking for donations of socks and gloves. Socks, people. SOCKS! Something you and I take for granted everyday and never give a second thought to unless they develop a hole in them.

That day changed my life. I have never looked at socks the same way again. And I have not taken a single thing to Goodwill since... the people that REALLY need the help can't afford to shop at even Goodwill. I'm fortunate, so I will give to those who are not. The guy on the street was getting those socks from there on out - not the thrift-shopper who's ok wearing someone else's castaways (no offence to the thrift-shoppers out there - I bought most of my kids' clothes second hand so they definitely have their place).

Anyhow, I had to back up my pleas with what I do to help society and why. PS, you'll never hear me say "I told you so" when a political policy fails or a politician (whether local or federal) makes a bad call. It's pointless. Just fix the problem and move on.

That is all... Go do good things today.

Comment

• Congratulations on the job, Jenn!
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Great rant, Jenn. And a good religion
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Thanks, Tomi. I can't wait to hear when I start. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Thanks, Tasha. Unfortunately, we'll never see the resolution in our lifetime.

Comment

• I was feeling very anxious and overwhelmed this morning so I took 0.5 mg of Ativan... wow this shit is powerful. I went from a cheetah's pace to that of a sloth. First person who saw me this morning asked if I was ok, with a look of genuine concern on his face.

As soon as I took it, I remembered my Stress Stop. Probably should have opted for that instead.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Yeah Ativan is nothing to mess about with. You probably shouldn't have been driving. Hope you come out of it soon.

My husband works on a mental health floor. They give that to patients to help them go to sleep. I took it for panic attacks after my pulmonary emboli episode. I always fell asleep on a 3 mg dose.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X