Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lmao Canio is such an optimist!! hahaha
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
      lmao Canio is such an optimist!! hahaha
      Well, this is why Canio has few friends, does not go to weddings, and has no FB. It avoids drama.

Comment

• But I would be your FB friend!! And I'd be your friend IRL too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
          But I would be your FB friend!! And I'd be your friend IRL too.

Comment

• Looks like it all turned out for the best.

You got to say what you ultimately wanted to, and so did she.

No one is in the dark and it's all out on the table.

Good, bad or ugly - it tis what it tis and now you can basically put it behind you.

I hope you don't have to go to the wedding! But if you do, you WILL have a fun time with your man, once
            he's done with his Wedding Duties.

Julia

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
              Looks like it all turned out for the best.

You got to say what you ultimately wanted to, and so did she.

No one is in the dark and it's all out on the table.

Good, bad or ugly - it tis what it tis and now you can basically put it behind you.

I hope you don't have to go to the wedding! But if you do, you WILL have a fun time with your man, once
              he's done with his Wedding Duties.

Julia
              You're right, Julia.

I am so tickled about this and it's so silly, but I created a Fan Page on Facebook for my Thirty-One stuff (I had a private group before (and still do that will remain open and active for various things) and you could only get in if you asked to get in b/c I wasn't supposed to just add people - company rules) and Brad liked it. I'm so tickled by that. lol When I mentioned to him that it made me happy to see his name on the list of likes, he said he was just trying to support my hobby... hobby is a bit off-putting since my "hobby" actually does pay bills, as opposed to his , but I'll let it go. Some of you may have gotten invites to like it. I tried to only invite those who were on my group to begin with, but near the end I got a little invite happy and may have inadvertently invited someone who wasn't in the group. If you'd like invited to the page or would like to join the group, let me know and I'll send the info to you via PM.

Right now, I'm only reposting things Thirty-One has put on their page b/c there are quite a few rules regarding public pages (and private pages) and I want to be sure I'm not violating any of them before I post original content. I'd hate to be terminated b/c of FB, ya know?

We ate pizza last night for dinner, which means I have pizza for lunch. I'm considering it my 20% and will be on point the remainder of the week. With 21 meals in a week, 80% Primal would allow for 4 cheat meals, right? Well, this is two.

Comment

• Don't call them "cheats" .......... just optional off primal meals!

Good deal on the 31 page!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!! I have my very first Thirty-One recruit!! A gal I've known for a few years contacted me today saying she wanted to join my group, and I thought my FB group so I gave her a couple of links so she could find the pages. Then she said "No, I want to be a consultant". I was like WHAAAAAA??? No way! She's signing up right now. I am so excited!! She will be a great addition to the team! And I'm sure Thirty-One will do amazing things for her and her family! YEEEEE!!! I'm so excited! I can't wait to get the email stating I have a team member!!

Comment

1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I feel the need for a brain dump, but I'm not sure where to start. I feel like I'm boiling over with anxiety, depression and that all consuming feeling of being so overwhelmed I can't act (anxiety induced paralysis, maybe - not in the literal sense, of course). My "I want to do" list is so long I feel hopeless to tackle it. My anxiety is off the charts again. And the depression that comes from feeling like I'm failing not only everyone in my life, but failing myself as well, is killer. My inability to maintain a relationship with anyone is pushing me to consider prescription drugs again. Even writing this much of the post and talking about how I want to do a brain dump is overwhelming, daunting and challenging to the extent that I want to say fuck it and not do it.

I just wrote out a short to-do list... it doesn't seem bad when written on paper, but the tasks are long and arduous. Hoeing the flower bed to tear up the weeds is one of them. Hoeing/mowing off the garden is another. This has to be done with delicacy though so no seeds are scattered from missed fruits/veggies. I can't use that space again next year as my tomatoes were all overcome with either a bacterial invader or a fungal invader. Only got about half as many tomatoes out of the garden as I should have this year as a result. Planning to do a raised bed next year... which means $$$$ I don't have.

Money is another stressor right now. We owe over $300 for Brad's cpap machine, and that number grows by $42 a month. And $500 for our registration. We owe $50 for property taxes on our empty lots out behind our house (not much, but it's added to the list b/c it needs to be paid too. Then there's the usual credit card bills. I feel like I'm drowning.

I don't feel like I get enough help at home, and when I ask for it, it ALWAYS turns into a fight over who spends more time dicking around on their phones/computers, so I don't even ask anymore. It's not worth the fight. I'm considering swearing off my phone for a week. I spend too much time playing games and browsing facebook, and realize what a time suck it is, and how it's preventing meaningful connections with valuable people in my life. But my brain doesn't seem to do well with down-time. Even riding in an elevator is too long for my mind to be idle and warrants phone time to activate an idle mind.

I need to simplify. I think reducing screen time is the best way to do that. Maybe if I don't have mind-numbing technological activities to persue, maybe I would be able to tackle this to-do list that haunts me. I truly enjoy this one game I play (it's Farmville 2 - don't judge), but it takes a GREAT DEAL of time to play as there are quests and challenges to complete. It feels like good "me time", but I can see how that "me time" is invading "us time" and "them time" and "other important people time". Truth be told, I want to go back to a non-smart, phone calls only, kind of phone and having only a desktop computer to be used for household stuff - bills, etc. Having a laptop (have had one since I started going back to school in 2007) makes it too easy to spend hours upon hours online doing nothing productive. My house was a LOT cleaner before I got a laptop.

Before I went to college, I occupied my time with reading leisurely. One Christmas, Brad bought me 9 Stephen King books. I read them all in a matter of 2 months. Then I started college and challenged my brain so much with college that it seems like reading is too "relaxing" and not challenging enough, and that glowing 6 inch tall "computer" screen is more engaging.

In fact, in writing this, I think I have decided to take a 1 week haitus from all internet activity (outside of work?? b/c what will I occupy myself with at work without the interwebs?) excluding this site maybe. I still peruse this site while at work b/c it kills time. (wait... isn't that part of the problem? But seriously, I'll be twiddling my thumbs at work without a time waster, I think... idk. I'll evaluate this - ah... training... I could take lots and lots of training - some mandatory, some voluntary). The only trouble I see with ditching FB is that's where I do quite a bit of my Thirty-One business work (posting pictures, talking to people who wish to host parties, etc). I'm not sure how a week away from that will help/hurt me, but I know a lot of consultants who barely use FB at all (their private groups have one or two posts a month at best). Maybe I need to speak with one of them to find out what they do to keep the momentum going without using FB...

I just have too much going on and I think the most logical thing to do to lighten the load is to shut off the phone. Not permanently, and not literally (b/c family needs to reach us, etc), but I need to step away and stop using it. Stop absorbing myself in it and take a radio silence break.

Yes... yes, I think that's needed. All things time-suck related need to be avoided for 1 week. 7 days. I need to disconnect and recharge. I need to sit in my inactivity when I have nothing going on. Look around, think, read, maybe, rather than zone out to the phone. So, no Facebook. No Farmville 2. Maybe I'll log into MFP everyday simply to avoid losing my streak (I'm at 506 days)... but there again, all I do is log in - I don't log my food, so what's the point? Is that streak really that imporant? No Pinterest. I'll do some training at work - maybe even listen to some of the webinar training at Thirty-One which I don't seem to have any time for. I'll clean and straighten and tackle that to-do list at home. I'll do all my Thirty-One stuff organically for a while. One week off the interwebz won't kill my business. FB and FV2 are major time sucks for me. WWF is too - sorry, dear... no more games this week. Yes. I feel good about this. This is needed.

Here are the rules:

1. Any use of the cell phone outside of talking to people is to be limited to looking up information (Google) or to take care of Thirty-One business. No Facebook. No WWF. No FV2. MFP? Still evaluating that one. Text messaging and FB Messenger are still allowed as they are a form of communication, not mindless time wasting. Hmmm... email... how will I check email? Email is an important part of my business... I think I will check email once per day? This is still to be determined too. I will even avoid this site temporarily.

2. No laptop time at all - except to research information needed at the time.

3. Internet time at work will consist of training for either advancing my Army career or advancing my Thirty-One career. Maybe I will check my email while at work as well.

4. Kindle will still be allowed as it does not access the internet in the traditional way - it only accesses the Kindle Store at Amazon.

I think that's that... I suspect some withdrawal issues. But I also suspect I'll be able to reduce my anxiety a LOT and will get quite a few things accomplished that I "don't have time" to tackle. I'm tired of not having time to get things done.

So, that's my plan. I'm hopeful that it'll help me relax my brain and not feel so overwhelmed and innundated with demands that I can't keep up with. I guess this is my way of saying No to the constant pulls for my attention by people, things, and activities that aren't improving my life enough to make them worth it. I'm not saying you guys aren't worth the time, just saying there are other things that are more worth my time (kids, Brad, house, etc) and I need to pay more attention to them and less attention to the outside stimuli. And with that... see you in a week.

Comment

• Too funny! I just caught up on your thread and was looking forward to connecting again. I will make this my welcome back post Yea you on getting off line! Like you I can't just be idle. It is a problem. We are too used to being engaged all the time. I can't even go to the bathroom without my phone to keep me occupied. I can't wait to hear how your experiment goes!
                        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                        height 5'3
                        SW 215 lbs
                        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                        LW 172 lbs
                        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• hope it goes well -- will look forward to an update next week
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                            Too funny! I just caught up on your thread and was looking forward to connecting again. I will make this my welcome back post Yea you on getting off line! Like you I can't just be idle. It is a problem. We are too used to being engaged all the time. I can't even go to the bathroom without my phone to keep me occupied. I can't wait to hear how your experiment goes!
                            Val, that is SO me! I cannot be idle at ALL! I have to always be engaged in something, doing something, keeping busy. I can't just sit around and chat... I have to be moving too - even if it's just my fingers on a phone while playing a game. I have to keep engaged somehow. It drives me bonkers.

My week off was ok. I found I rely on FB a lot to get my business work done, so I still went to FB but I did not read the newsfeed and I did not post statuses or share posts. I only did Thirty-One related things. I did not play my games. I did continue to log into MFP to keep my streak, but I did not read the feed.

It was weird. I found I didn't have anyone to talk to without my social media devices. I didn't have someone to bounce random thoughts off of (b/c everyone at work was also either on leave or traveling, so I was the only one here). I did a LOT of work with Thirty-One and I think I perfected my presenation. I also had two great parties this weekend and may have found up to 4 recruits!!

It was a good week and I think I'll continue to keep Facebook on the back burner. I found I did more messaging with people when I wasn't reading all about their life on Facebook. Instead I would message them and talk to them. It made me realize that I don't talk to people on a regular basis b/c I don't need to - their lives are wide open on Facebook... who needs to check in with people when I can just check facebook, ya know? So I think I'm pretty much done viewing the feed... maybe a few groups that deal specifically with Thirty-One and Whole30/Paleo, but the newsfeed will not be my focus anymore.

Anyhow, while I was away, I decided I was going to start a 21 Day Sugar Detox today. It's desperately needed. Sugar has a nasty nasty hold on me.

Comment

• Hey! glad to see you back Good luck on the detox!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sugar Detox Day 3. Day 2 is definitely the worst. Feeling better today. Mild headache, but the low blood sugar and anxiety have abated. Onward.

Comment

Working...
                                X