No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenn........ I'm sure you can get your eating back on track. I'm in the same boat. Up 14 pounds and feeling horrible.

I too am going back to straight primal. I put some bread in the toaster this morning - and didn't check the timer setting -- when I walked back into the kitchen there was smoke coming out of the toaster!!! The knob had been turned up the highest setting!!! I looked at that as a sign and said to myself........... do I really want to do this??? I said no! Threw away the burned toast, put away the bread and got out the eggs. Its time to make better choices.

Hope you get the job! that will make life so much more pleasant......... getting out of debt feels so good.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• So far so good today.

Foodz:

3 slices bacon
      2 boiled eggs
      some fresh veggies and sour cream dip
      chicken scampi and basmati rice (dinner leftovers)
      some fresh veggies and sour cream dip

Dinner will be steak and mushrooms in coconut aminos with sweet potato, white (or red b/c I have fresh ones) potato, yellow squash, zucchini and onion with butter in a foil pack. It just sounds delicious.

Found some skittles in my purse. I mourned them for about half a second and then put them in my desk drawer. Drinking lots of fluids today and already the flood gates have opened. I've peed twice as much as usually today, but I'm still drinking as quickly as I used to. I think my body is maybe already responding to the lack of inflammatory foods? By this time on a normal non-primal day, I'd have drank a 20 oz soda and eaten my weight in gluten/sugar. Maybe it just knows things are going to be better so it's shedding already.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Hope you get the job Jenn.

Good luck getting back on track. It isn't easy.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• nope it sure isn't easy!!! I wish I could flip a switch that would make REALLY hard to eat BAD FOR ME foods - but super easy to eat the healthy stuff.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Well, I didn't get the job and I'm quite disappointed by that. Hopefully more will come out of the HR position I applied for earlier this week.

Comment

• Sorry, Jenn There must be a better fit for you. I always think things happen for a reason, and if something doesn't work out, then there must be something better coming.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I hope so.

A few weeks ago Brad developed a fungal rash on his foot but never did anything about it. I gave him some tea tree oil to put on it, but he didn't... and he didn't take the initiative to stop at the store and get a cream... so now I have something going on with my big toe. It only itches slighly, but what I've noticed is that the skin is peeling off. So, tea tree oil it is for me this week. And I guess I'll play Mommy to my 31 year old and get him some damn cream. Why are men so helpless?

I don't think I ever told you guys... last Friday I made a spontaneous decision and went to a Luke Bryan/Lee Brice concert instead of going to the races. He was playing at a county fair so tickets were super cheap (like, seriously, $10). So I called my friend and told her I'd be going. She then said "I have an extra ticket" b/c her son, as a boy scout, got them for helping with the fairgrounds clean-up that morning. So, I ended up getting in for FREE! I took my Bearz with me b/c she likes a lot of their music too. And it was a freaking awesome concert! I'd never seen a mosh pit at a country concert before! lol Seriously, though, Luke puts on an amazing performance. When you think of what his shows are like, think of Garth Brooks. That kind of enthusiasm, stage presence and rocker behavior. He was all over. Rocking with his band, engaging the crowd, in his own little world at times, just having a good time. It was an incredible show. If you're into country music at all, I highly recommend seeing him. I won't hesitate to pay out the nose to see him again. Camping made my summer great, but adding a Luke Bryan concert, a FREE one at that, to the events was just the icing on the cake. I think I'm still floating on the endorphins. (PS, Bear and I sat in a lawn chair up on the hill far from the mosh pit).

WOOT WOOT!! I was away from this post for a while and something pretty cool occurred while I was away. I've been trying to book parties feverishly for the first two weeks of August b/c Thirty-One is offering an incentive to us. If we reach $1,200 in sales between the 1st and 15th, we will get $522 worth of fall product for free so we can start selling the Fall Catalog that comes out September 1st and actually have the products to show without having to buy a ton of stuff. So, naturally, b/c I'm cheap, I want to hit this goal and get a ton of free stuff. So, I've been booking hard. I've been offering gifts and bonuses to my hostesses b/c I don't really care about commission during that time frame - I just want to reach the Ready Set Sell goal. I managed to get three parties booked, but then one cancelled. I've been targeting the parents of young kids b/c the hostess and customer specials for August are kid inspired, so the gal cancelled b/c none of her potential guests were interested for various reasons (home school, school lunch, no kids, etc, etc, etc). So I needed ONE MORE PARTY. One gal offered to have two but in talking to her, it made no sense to have two parties when we could just collect outside orders to go with her original booking. So, I found a great graphic and posted it and I kid you not, 30 seconds after I posted it, I had a gal contact me and opt in! I now have my three parties for that two week period. I should have no trouble hitting $1,200 and scoring the awesome kit! I'm so excited! I'll be so so so busy that two weeks, but I think it'll be fine and I think it'll be awesome! I'm pumped! August is the hardest month to book b/c everyone wants to wait til the new catalog comes out in September, plus there's the back to school crud, last minute vacations, etc to contend with. Scoring 3 parties in August has me so excited! Now I can focus on booking the fall catalog.

Ok, so today started out really crummy - just general annoyances, details changing at work that created a ton of work, etc - but it has definitely turned around.

Comment

• good to hear you're having a good day! Yeah for the 3 parties!

Yes, men are sometimes quite helpless. Especially when it has to with health stuff. Most would rather ignore it than deal with it.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• I found a website that'll let me generate and download a free QR code, so now I have a QR code for my Thirty-One stuff. I'm putting them on the catalogs I'm using this weekend (they're linked to my website). I also generated a code for my FB page so I can work on building my fan base. I went with the closed group at first b/c that's what Thirty-One recommended for people just starting out, but I kind of wish I'd gone with the Fan Page. Seems more "professional" in the facebook sense. I'm worried at this point that I won't get the 79 people on my closed group to like my page. Maybe I'll switch when I get further along. My directors don't have fan pages either, instead opting for closed groups, so maybe that's actually the way to go.

Had some 'spillage' at work. That means someone sent classified info across an unclassified network... I received the email with the offending information. It hasn't stopped me from working (sometimes they cut everyone who receives spillage off the network) but apparently the spillage I received wasn't THAT bad? Idk. I was told I could resume normal duties, but was told not to forward the email to anyone and not to print the attachments. I'm waiting for the "clean up crew" to come up and remove the data from my machine.

I have a vendor fair for Thirty-One tomorrow. Up bright and early to start set up at 7:00. Hoping for a good crowd and to drum up some business. This fair is costing me $63 so I hope it's good. I have August completely booked up but I'd love to end the day tomorrow with 2 or 3 parties booked for the fall catalog (September - December).

My next party is on the 2nd. My step-mom and her neighbor are holding it. They're only hoping for $300 in sales, but I think they can do better than that. I'll have to spend some time coaching them. Then my next is on the 4th after work. And then again on the 12th after work. It's going to be a busy couple of weeks!

Diet: I've been slipping again. Little bit of sugar, couple incidences of corn (it IS sweet corn season, after all!). Working again to eliminate those things so that I have a good weigh in on Monday. I'm already down 3 lbs so I'm right on track to reaching my goal of losing 34 lbs by Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Yeah, Jenn! Stay with it!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm thinking Whole30 coming soon... very soon. Like Monday soon. Or maybe even Friday soon.

Comment

• Just remember how great you feel when you're under control and focused!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Holy crap so busy at work today... Sorry I've missed you all. I hope all is well.

Comment

• Period started this morning. It announced itself with those incredibly painful rectal spasms that have been accompanying random cycles. Interwebz points to endometriosis or IBS as the cause. Both say that a bathroom visit can reduce the spasms. A bathroom visit does indeed ease the symptoms, but it ONLY happens during my cycle so there's no way it's not related. I asked my dr what needs to be done to test for endometriosis and she said if it's really bad they can see it with an ultrasound but the only way to know for sure is to have surgery to check. I told her I hoped she was lying, but something tells me she's not...

I'm doing a Whole30 starting Monday. Brad's birthday is this month and the menu at MIL's is anything BUT whole30 (Brad requested the items), so I'll be making my own food for that, I guess. Which is fine b/c at the end of the day, they'll feel bloated and yucky and I'll feel supurb. I'm just so ready to get myself back on track and get back to my lowest weight again. People say that losing weight won't make you happy if you're dealing with demons, but my demons are mostly self-confidence related and I felt much more confident when I weighed 166 and could lift crazy numbers in the gym and could run my fastest half marathons. I want to go back there. I know a Whole30 will help with that.

It's so embarrassing to see people who once said "OMG LOOK AT YOU! You look so great" after I'd lost all my weight only to see them a few month later and KNOW that they can tell the difference... not to mention it's frustrating as hell to know that I worked my ass off (literally and figuratively) and let it all go again. It's time to correct this and correct it for good.
                              Last edited by jenn26point2; 07-29-2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• I have sisters that experience painful rectal spasms. They have been told it's proctalgia fugax.

Comment

Working...
                                X