No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paula, l-methylfolate is sold with the brand name Deplin, but a generic form l-methylfolate calcium is also available. It's Rx only. The generic is cheap - like $10 cheap. It helped me tremendously when I was taking my antidepressants, but I made it a goal to get off everything, so I haven't taken it for over 2 years. If I were to ever go back to "medicating" my depression, l-methylfolate is what I'd use. Therapeutic doses start at 7.5 mg (or 7500 mcg, or 8 capsules when bought over the counter) and go up to 15 mg (15,000 mcg). From what I'm reading there are MANY different forms of it, and you have to know the difference to notice the difference. None will inherently cause harm, but some are better than others in regard to healing. And it can take 10 weeks to work optimally.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I was reading yesterday that it helps with ADD issues, which is what my son has.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Give it a whirl. I've got two bottles enroute to my house now - of course, they're coming FedEx, so we'll see which house they actually arrive at...

I'm going back to 100% primal. Well, actually, not really. I'll be about 90% today. I'm deviating to have bbq on my burger (haven't found a homemade one I like as much as KC Masterpiece Original) and I'm having Hidden Valley Ranch on my raw veggies today b/c I've run out of homemade dip. I'm not willing to eat them plain today.

I'm in an annoyed, take no bullshit kind of mood today. People are making excuses left and right and it's kind of pissing me off, to be honest. If you don't want to do something, just say you don't want to do it. Quit with the bullshit reasons that hold no water. Most of this behavior is happening on FB. I am more and more inclined to start deleting people. I can't see the updates from people I actually CARE to see updates from b/c of all the garbage on the newsfeed, so I miss out on so much stuff in their lives. And I just don't feel like being a friend collector anymore. I have to be careful who I delete though b/c some of the newer people on my friends list are there b/c they buy Thirty-One from me. And a lot of the others could be potential customers. I think I'll start deleting those I don't actually interact with on a regular basis. I guess my motivation is that I'm tired of comparing lives, I'm tired of competing, and I'm tired of all the bullshit rainbows and flowers posts people are putting up. FB is the land of fake lives. There's one gal who decided to become a stay at home mom and posts all these awesomesauce pics of she and her kids having a grand ol' time, but in reality she's bored as shit, lonely as hell, and hates it - she's just putting on a front on Facebook. That kind of crap bothers me. BE REAL! Then there's the passive aggressive drama... And then there's the people I have on my friends list that I will flat out avoid in real life if I can. I saw a gal at the store the other day who was previously on my friends list. I thought about saying hi and then decided not to b/c I really don't like her that much... that's when I decided deleting her was the right choice. Yeah, I think I'll start to pare down my friends list. People from here are safe. I actually care what's happening in your lives. Facebook says I currently have 506 friends... no... no I don't.

Comment

• Jenn, re: Facebook and Thirty-One... could you create a new Jenn's-Thirty-One Facebook page for those contacts? Once you have all your Thirty-One people there, then you can start culling out your personal Facebook page. And if, oops, you accidentally delete a "friend" from your personal Facebook page, your reason can be because you're working on separating friends from customers/potential customers.

Just an idea... I'm not a fan of Facebook and only have an account because of my kids. I think I have 18 friends.

Comment

• I do have a separate group for my Thirty-One stuff, but a lot of my friends are also customers, or their customers that are so new to my personal FB friends list they'd notice if I dumped them. I'm going at this "friend" culling in waves. Yesterday I eliminated 117 people. There were a few I had to consider quite deliberately and decided if I had to think about it that hard, they probably deserved to wait til next time. My hope is to get between 250 and 300 people on Facebook. I'm dividing my friends list into Close Friends/Family/Would Never Delete and Acquaintances. So far, there are way more people going into the acquaintances list. I'll do my next cut from that list. 70% of my friends list are either family or people I met at SparkPeople, MFP and here. The other 30% are people I know in real life or are leftovers from high school/college. Of those 70%, I haven't met probably 25% of them, but know details of their lives - kids names, husband's names, etc. I feel like I know them and like them, and will probably keep them around despite not knowing them IRL. Cleaning up facebook is definitely a process.

I've decided July 14th starts my next 21-Day Sugar Detox, except I'll probably extend it for 28 days (til Brad's bday). I have GOT to get this sugar problem under control. I am completely blown away by the fact that I smoked for 10 years and quit with no problem and have remained quit for over 5 years. I am completely blown away by the fact that I abused meth for a year and a half and quit that volatle and highly addictive substance and have remained quit for nearly 15 years. But I cannot quit sugar! What... The... F*ck??? *sigh* When I quit smoking and quit using drugs, the solution was "Not a single puff" (smoking) and complete avoidance (drugs - moved to college and got out of that environment). Sugar is in EVERYTHING processed and there are so many 'natural' forms of it by way of honey and such. It makes total sense that I am having a harder time staying away from it, but there are foods that do not contain ANY sugar so it's not impossible to avoid. But why does my brain make it SO impossible to stay away? Is it the depression? Anxiety? PTSD? ADD? Hopefully the l-methylfolate I'm expecting today will help right the brain enough that I can better focus on sugar elimination. Someday I'd like to be able to use sugar in moderation, but I sincerely doubt that'll ever happen. I think I'll forever be on this roller coaster.

So, why July 14? That's the first day back from our camping excursion, which is presently in limbo b/c of rising flood waters. The campground we were planning to stay at and reserved a space at is closed due to the flooding. We're waiting on the refund for the spot. Looking at other places now. There's a Corp of Engineers lake not far from us that we're considering. Might even throw a trip to the big zoo in Chicago in there. This (potential cancellation) is providing us with a great opportunity to expand our vacatoin a bit. Right now we're thinking zoo the 4th or 5th (if it's open on the 4th), then camping Sunday thru Thursday, then racing Friday, then chill out at home Saturday, then I have a vendor show on Sunday. It should be a good vacation. Anyhow, I know I won't focus on dietary discipline during that time, so that's why I'm waiting til the 14th.

Comment

• Holy crap, guys! I just closed a $1,000 party!!! WHOO HOOO!!! And I didn't even LEAVE MY HOUSE! This gal had a book party that brought in $1,000 in sales! That's incredible! And last week I closed a $400 party. And I still have 3 parties pending, plus a vendor fair tomorrow. I've already earned more than my car payment in commission, in fact, I've earned Brad's truck payment in commission... Plus, by hitting those numbers, I met two sales goals, so I have $200 in free product and office supplies coming my way. This is insane! So far, each month, I've sold $1651.50 in product (on average) - and they say summer is the SLOW period... gee, I'm interested to see what the non-summer months will bring! Now, if only I could recruit someone so I could get promoted to Senior Consultant! I have three or four possible recruits. Just gotta give them some breathing room while continuing to share in the joy of Thirty-One.

That's my excitement right now. Diet - meh. Exercise - meh.

We're still working out what we'll be doing on our vacation. Right now we're planning on a zoo or aquarium over the weekend of the 4th, the week of the 7th we'll be camping - probably at a nearby lake, then the following weekend chilling out at home decompressing before going back to work.

Temporary position is keeping me busy at work. I spend so much more time doing actual work stuff now. It's nice. This week, my XO is out too, so I'm also, in some capacity, covering his duties as well. Many plates in the air currently, but that's the way I like it. Keeps me busy and allows me to focus on something rather than having a idle brain. An idle brain is not a good thing for me.

Got the l-methylfolate yesterday. Instructed Brad to take 8 capsules a day to meet the minimum 7.5 mg dosage Dr. Ashley would give him. I'm not worried about him taking too much b/c it's a water soluable vitamin - anything his body doesn't use gets peed out. Plus, he's larger than me and I was prescribed 15mg (16 capsules) when I took it, so... And given he has uncontrolled depression and anxiety right now, I'm sure his body will use every ounce of that and cry for more. Hopefully he'll start to feel better and can go to Dr. Ashley with a request for Deplin instead of going in blind and not knowing what to ask for. I will be taking it alongside him. With any luck, it'll improve my well-being too so I can break this cycle of bad food choices.

Anyhow, it's almost time to go home. I hope everyone had a splendid Friday.

Comment

• Still waiting to hear if I got the budget analyst job or not. Haven't heard anything from the people interviewing for the internships and have been told they're interviewing, so assuming I didn't get chosen for any of those four. There is still the Financial Management Analyst internship I applied for as well... that's 6 jobs that I have no status update on, and only one I've interviewed for. I keep having positive thoughts about the budget analyst thing, but then I fear I'm going to jinx it so I quickly change my though process. I don't want to get my hopes up only to have them squashed, ya know. But I really want that job. It's not that I don't like my current job or that it's not paying enough... it's just that it's common knowledge in the government world that a secretarial job is a dead end. You don't get higher than GS-09 in the secretarial world and you have to be REALLY REALLY good to get passed GS-08 (GS-09 requires you to work for a general or SES). So, unless I get into a different field, I'm stuck where I'm at. Fingers are still crossed that something works out with these 6 applications.

Comment

• Glad the thirty one thing worked out for you!

Comment

• Thanks RR. I ran into a couple of snags this weekend. My friend hosted a party on the 7th and it didn't get a great turn out. Two people showed up, so she didn't meet her minimum. She asked for an extension b/c her sister was having a graduation party the following weekend. I granted it. Then she asked for another and another. Now it's the VERY last day of the month and I have to get the order in or the two people who did order won't get their discounted price on the sale items. So I contacted her again and she FINALLY told me she can't provide any more orders. Luckily, I had a stray order from another customer to enter, so I was able to combine the two she submitted with the one I got from elsewhere to make it a party. I have to submit it today, by noon. I HATE it when people wait til the last minute to figure out what's going on. I know pride can get in the way of admitting defeat, but seriously! TALK TO ME! Let me know what's up so I can help! I have another girl who said she'd have orders to enter on Saturday, but she's now gone MIA as well, so that party's a wash... But, I did end up with $1800 in orders despite it all, which is a $450 commission check - that's a truck payment and a boat payment. And since my goal was a car payment, I say I'm still ahead. $100 of that will sit in checking and the rest will go to the credit card - I just have to figure out which one I want to send it to.

Still waiting to find out if they're going to cancel our camping reservations. I haven't seen or heard anything. I wish they'd do it soon so I can reserve the spot at the other campground we decided to go to. I don't want two reservations on my credit card.

HOLY CRAP! The one gal I thought was bailing on me is pulling through! She just notified me to say she's putting her orders in. Wow... I'm quite surprised. lol

Comment

• Wow. Very exciting report. Glad 31 is working out for you.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• So, add $200 in PV to my previous $1800 and I'm now at a $500 commission for the month. WEEEEEEE! lol

Comment

• Crazy crazy storms here folks. Reports of tornados, 80 mph straight line winds, grapefruit sized hail... hunkering down at work. They won't let us leave. I hope my car doesn't get damaged. It's out in the elements right now. I really don't want to make an insurance claim. Kids are at home with Brad and the dogs.

This weather is supposed to arrive in May... what the heck. It's like Mother Nature is a month behind on everything for the last two years. So bizzare! If she keeps this up, before too long, we'll be literally having December in July!

Comment

• Glad to hear the 31 thing is a success!

I'm glad you guys get those storms and we don't........ just hope there isn't too much damage.

Do you think the storms are getting worse? Oregon weather is different now than it was 50 years ago.
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I don't know if they're worse or not. I think they've shifted their timeline though. These types of storms used to occur in late April and May. Now they're in late June. Just very odd timing. Winter has had odd timing as well - coming later than usual. It's like our calendar skipped a month but Mother Nature remained right on schedule.

We didn't have any damage and the storms didn't seem as bad as they predicted. We did get a TON of rainfall though. I posted pictures of the water flow through our backyard. We literally had a river going through our backyard and it was moving FAST. It washed mulch out of neighbors' yards and washed away a pile of composting grass that I had piled up next to the garden. I've never seen so much water in my backyard before. MIL's yard was completely underwater, but we don't know if there was any damage to her house or anything b/c she's on vacation in Colorado. I'm sure it's fine. The water was a couple of feet from reaching her house and she doesn't have a basement. I posted pics to facebook.

Diet and exercise are still sickeningly inconsistent and the weather is throwing serious kinks in our vacation plans. Vacation plans are completely up in the air at this point.

Comment

• Soooo much frustration today - all around this vacation. *sigh* Every campground we've decided to stay at has become a bust b/c of Mother Nature and the torrential rains we've received lately. The first site flooded out and cancelled our reservation - but gave us a full refund. The second site was a Corp of Engineers lake (man-made lake made by damming a river) has high water and has opened the dam to release the water downstream in an effort to maintain lake levels, BUT that means it's flooding the town below (Iowa City) and means the current is stronger (b/c water is flowing out of the lake faster than usual). We are no longer comfortable with staying at that campground. The third place we chose is apparently closed b/c you can't reserve any campsites. I'm assuming it's b/c of flooding - also a Corp of Engineers lake). So now we're headed west to south of Des Moines - I think. It's also a Corp of Engineers lake, but I was finding no info on the lake level or any dam opening info, so I called. The lake level is up, but it's not flooding and all campgrounds are open/usable. They say the flathead fishing is great just below the dam (makes sense) which will be super awesome for the kids. They'd be over the moon with excitement if we were able to catch a flathead. So would I as I have never seen one. There are MILES upon MILES of bike trail, so Brad and I are FINALLY going to buy bikes. lol This will be good WAY beyond this camping trip. So, I *think* we have our vacation plans set now... I think... Damn you Mother Nature for starting the rainy season so late!

Diet - meh.
                                Exercise - meh.
                                Sleep - meh.

Hopefully vacation will help me reset and recharge so I come back with renewed enthusiasm.

Comment

Working...
                                X