No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to go on the cleaning Jenn. The influx of in-laws helped me get my house under control.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I folded the laundry last night and decluttered the sideboard, but that's about it. I did some folder stuffing for Thirty-One as I have a party this weekend. I also spent a little bit of time out in the garden where I discovered about 10 volunteer tomato plants. I must remember that even if the produce is bad/eaten on by bugs/not needed, I need to remove it from the garden so as not to have so many volunteers. I need to compost it instead.

So very tired today. Some crazy storms blew through the area last night. Took a few trees with it. It knocked out our power about 3:30, which is what woke us up, and kept us awake until after 4 - probably closer to 4:30. There are a lot of downed trees in our town. The sirens never went off, but after the storm blew through, the next counties reported a tornado warning. Should we have had a tornado warning? Probably. They've set the sirens off for storms that barely blow leaves off the trees but didn't set them off for a storm that uprootted trees. SIL's house has an uprooted tree and a damaged chainlink fence as a result. They kids were having a hayday climbing on the fallen tree this morning. FIL took the day off to clean it up. I feel like I should be at home helping neighbors clean up. The north side of town is a mess of fallen trees and limbs. Funny thing is, to me, anyway, is that I didn't freak out and rush the kids to the basement. Quite honestly, a tornado never crossed my mind since the sirens didn't go off. I mean, it was windy as sin at our house, but it didn't seem all that terrible. We had one fallen limb and Brady's basketball hoop fell over - luckily, it didn't land on my car! So, I'm tired today...

A friend (the one I sometimes feel like I don't belong around) called last night to see if we were camping this weekend. I talked to Brad and he was interested, so I guess we're camping. I'm really struggling with getting back on board with the 21DSD, so I think I'll wait until after we're doing camping this weekend. I know there won't be many compliant foods to choose from while camping. I can get away with 90% primal/paleo, but not 21DSD... I could even get another 2 weeks in before our week long camping trip, if I wanted. Or I may wait until after the camping trip and do a Whole30. I will pose the idea to Brad.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Why not just do the 21DSD when you can, and deviate when it's too inconvenient? It will probably help more than waiting to start again. It also might help set in mind that your everyday diet CAN allow for deviations, but sticking to the diet most of the time is better for you all around.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• That's kind of what I plan to do, I just didn't vocalize it. It's very hard to say you're going to do something, much less commit, when you're as tired as I feel today - so I didn't say anything for fear of not sticking to it. I just want to grab some change and head to the vending machine... if the cafeteria took cash, I'd go upstairs and get some veggies to munch on. It's nearly lunch time. Maybe the gym will help wake me up.

Comment

• I hear ya, Jenn! No crazy storms here - but between my shoulder pain, hubby's snoring and the cat trying to sleep on my face - I haven't had a good nights sleep in 6 months! And when I'm tired eating right and exercising are the farthest things from my mind!

Like right now.......... I want to go make some pancakes ..........but I'm thawing out chicken instead. UGH!

I have some very thin friends who can eat anything they want and not gain an ounce.......... this morning I really hate that about them!!! Especially since for no obvious reason my scale screamed 190 at me again this morning! A few cookies over the weekend and I gain 3 pounds!!! Maybe we should follow Sabine and do a 3 day fast?
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Man is it humid! Not hot, just really really muggy! The stormy season has arrived!

2 mile run over lunch. Ran a 1/2 mile, then walked a 1/10th, then ran 0.4 miles, then walked 1/10th, then ran 0.4 miles, then walked 1/10th, then ran the last 0.4 miles. It was slow. It was draggy. It was like I was running on lead legs... but it's finished. My legs are greatly fatigued after yesterday's deadlift workout and that contributed immensely to the draggy run feeling. Might have to rearrange my workout schedule and do deadlifts on Mondays so my legs have Tuesday to recover before running on Wednesday. I think that's how I used to do it before. It took me 27 minutes to cover that 2 miles when it used to take me 21 minutes... kind of makes me sad that I've lost so much speed - not that I was fast by any stretch before. I'm hoping it won't be long before I have my endurance and "speed" back.

Comment

• You'll get there, Jenn! Desire is 75% of the equation.......... at least that's how I calculate it!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• F*cking sugar... that is all.

Comment

• I feel that way too .......... 'cept I don't say it that way.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• In 3 hours, I have a job interview... I hope it goes well. It sounds like it'll be with a department head instead of the Deputy to the Commander like the last job interview was, which I hope means it'll be less "stiff" and a bit more relaxed. And I hope my experience pans out. It's hard to think that household budgeting and small business budgeting (for a company you eventually closed) will amount to much, but it was enough to score me an interview at the entry level, so *shrug*. Fingers crossed b/c this will lead to great things.

I. Am. So. Sore. Today! Oy! My shoulders, back and chest are sore from OHP the other day. My hamstrings, glutes and supporting musculature are screaming from the deadlifts and run. It's nothing that's not manageable... I'm not unable to move. Just store and stiff. I can definitely tell I did something the body is not used to anymore. So, today will be an active rest day. If it's not raining at lunch, I will take a walk outside. If it is, I'll walk at the gym.

Comment

• Good Luck, Jenn!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Crossing Fingers!
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• So the union that services the plant Brad works in (it's not really a union, more like a cooperative inside the organization that works to protect the employees from corporate greed - it acts like a union, works like a union, but really isn't a union - more like a club with clout) is working on a new salary deal for the employees. Anyhow, they agreed to no pay raise for this year, but everyone gets a bonus that is a percentage of their salary. Anyone no longer working a special shift will also be losing their shift premiums so Brad will be losing 30 cents an hour or something like that (he got to retain his shift premium when he went to straight days b/c of the type of program he's working under). And then in 2015 and 2016, they'll get a 2.5% raise. So, here comes another windfall! Brad's company allows the employees to make periodic tax changes, so he will adjust his tax withholdings that week so they government doesn't take half of this bonus, so we'll get to keep the full amount (we overpay and get a sizeable refund each year, so it'll balance out come tax time). The full amount is quite awesome, but not capital gains awesome. Anyhow, we've decided how we're going to use it.

$1,000 to credit cards (YAY FOR DEBT PAYMENTS!!)
                            $250 to me to spend however I want
                            $250 to Brad to spend however he wants
                            The rest will be used to pay off the racing parts guy

Brad feels that we work so hard to budget and spend money wisely and hardly ever get to spend anything frivolously, so he felt it was deserved.

The trouble is, I'm so used to not spending money on stuff that I have a HUGE list of shit I want to buy... and at this point, that list has become smaller and smaller b/c as I go without it, I start to realize I can easily live without it and it falls off the list... Seriously, what am I going to do with this money? All I can think of are responsible things - clothes for the kids, sock it away for Christmas, clothes for me. And each time I decide on something, I get that guilty feeling (I'm sure Nameless knows what this feels like given her birthday windfalls yesterday) and wonder if I'm spending the money wisely... *sigh* #brokepeoplewithawindfallproblems

Comment

• Here's hoping it goes well!
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• I have the same problem with money myself! Which is a slight problem when I wear my shoes/clothes/combat boots until there are holes in them, mostly the boots. I just spent a TON (to myself) of money on new running shoes and some actual shoes so I don't wear the running shoes to dinner and bars, and I'm already thinking WHY DID I BUY TWO, they were half off, BUT WHAI??

I am such a miser except when it comes to lamb and friends lol. Thank god I don't have a ton of either!

Comment

Working...
                                X