No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found my book and started re reading too!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Oh I'm glad you found it. I was going to offer to send you mine (b/c I have the hard copy and the kindle version - currently reading the kindle version) but I couldn't imagine parting with it, so I hadn't said offered it yet. I'm so glad you located it.

I didn't read last night. I was tired by the time I climbed into bed. My sleep log looks like shit again. Makenna came to our bed early in the night and then had an accident... *sigh* So I had to change the bed out at 2:30 this morning. That's two nights in a row that she's had an accident, in our bed, rather than hers. But it's weird - despite how poorly my fitbit says I'm sleeping at night, I'm not waking when she joins us in bed. After she had her accident last night, I took her back to her bed, but woke up with her snuggled up against my back again. I thoroughly enjoy sleeping with my daughter - she always snuggles into my back b/c I'm a left side sleeper (this puts her between Brad and me) - but I don't enjoy when she pees in my bed... dang her! So, I'll be washing the sheets again... she doesn't generally have accidents, so I don't know what's going on with her.

I decided to throw a Jamberry party up on Facebook. I only invited one person from here so if anyone else wants invited, let me know. I learned after my sister joined under me that I have some goals I should probably strive for. If I meet the level one requirement, I'll get a $75 credit toward anything in the catalog and that would be nice. My current set of Jamberry shield have been on for over two weeks (2 1/2 I think). They're still adhering quite well, but my nails have grown so there's about a 1/4 inch gap between the cuticle and the Jamberry shield, kind of like happens when you get acrylics and your nails grow, so *I* want to redo them. I'm amazed that they've stayed adhered for so long. I bet they could easily last another two weeks if I could get past seeing the out-growth. They've outlived two camping trips, two dog baths, countless showers, kid baths and dish washes (and I use SOS pads on my stainless steel pans every night), and they're still holding on good and tight. I'm quite impressed. Polish NEVER lasted this long... not even my expensive stuff. So, I need to get them redone... But choosing one design is difficult for me. I like so many of them. There are over 300 designs in the catalog... narrowing it down to one or two is nearly impossible for me. lol I tend to be drawn to the shades of red - raspberry to be exact - there's a butterfly design I like a LOT, there's a plaid design I love, there's another raspberry colored design with a silver design like a vine that I absolutely adore. I want to use them ALL! lol In any event, I need to get some ordered b/c I don't think I have enough Raspberry Sparkle left to do another manicure with - I could probably make it work by trimming some of the larger shields to fit my nails - maybe I'll do that while I wait for my shipment to come in.

I got an email from Thirty-One today congratulating me on my recent sales achievements. The goal for my first 30 days was only $600, and I sold $1336. I smashed that goal! Hopefully, June will be just as productive.

Planning a Whole30 for the month of June. June is the perfect month this year b/c the 1st is on a Sunday and the month is a perfect 30 days long. It'll be a whole-whatever though b/c I want to stay away from sugar something fierce. I'm hoping I can make it happen with another Whole30.

Oh, and I never mentioned the result of the boss' nomination for my promotion - it got approved. So for 4 months, I'll be working at a higher rank (same pay b/c I was this rank before). That'll go through September. However, I have been referred for 5 different internships that I applied for that start in July, so I might not be holding this promoted position for long. There is the chance that the gal who was holding the position I'll be backfilling won't return and a chance that her job will remain mine if she leaves, which would be a promotion to 11 rather quickly, but that's not guaranteed - whereas if I get the internship, 11 is guaranteed, but not for 2 years. I'll feel pretty crappy taking this temporary promotion and then leaving a month into - vacating TWO positions at once, but my future is kind of important to me. I guess I'll have to talk to Carol to see what her thoughts are on the likelihood that she'll return. But even if she doesn't return, that doesn't guarantee that I'll get her job - they could open it up to rehire if she doesn't return, in which case I'll have to compete for it. But, then again, if I keep the temporary position and it does compete as a permanent spot and I don't get it, I'll still have this job to fall back on, but no internship to move to. The logical move would be to take the internship, right? Man, being an adult freaking sucks....
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Invite me!
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
          Invite me!
          Added.

Comment

• Took magnesium before bed last night. According to the Fitbit, I had longer stretches of sleep than I usually do. I will continue with the 500 mg of magnesium at bedtime.

Comment

• My heart breaks for a guy at work today. Last night, about 1 am, he got a knock on his door from the police notifying him that his house was on fire. Apparently, his smoke detectors didn't go off (despite testing them like he's supposed to) and they had no clue. He, his wife, and his three kids were able to get out of the house (as was the family pet). The house wasn't a total loss, but it's pretty significantly damaged (one half of the roof is gone, a back wall is heavily damaged, lots of smoke and water damage. He thinks they can save their clothing - everything will just need a serious washing. Everyone at work wants to do something for him and his family, but we're giving him the weekend to regroup, assess and process what's happened - to give them some breathing room - while they work through the emotional impact of what's happened. We won't really know what they need for a while anyway - til the rifle through the remains and see what's there.

As it turns out, a stroke of luck got the cops there. Someone was driving by the house at 1 am and saw the flames and called police. It's scary to think that if that person, that good-hearted person, hadn't been out at that time, we'd be potentially mourning the loss of his family - or trying to help him through the grieving process. He has a split level house. He and his wife sleep in the lower level, his kids on the main level. The fire started in the attic. By the time he got upstairs to grab his kids, the entire main floor was pitch dark and fully filled with smoke. Too close for comfort! He definitely had a guardian angel looking over his family that night.

Right now, he's asking for prayers, so if you're the praying type, if you could... I know he's appreciate it.

PS, I love split levels.

Comment

• oh how sad for your friend/co-worker. I'm a praying person........ tell him someone in Oregon is praying.
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• That is so scary! Was it an electrical fire? Wow, I am so glad that he and his family is safe. Prayers for them, and that they get everything they need to recover.
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
                  Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                    I am SO bad at 80/20. 20 very quickly becomes 60... but I think PHD will help with that.
                    Me too. Horrible at 80/20!
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
                    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Kalli, it's reassuring but sad at the same time to find I'm not the only one in that boat. It drives me nuts that I have to work with all or nothing and that there's no intermediate for me. I hate it. I hate it knowing others struggle with the same crap.

Tomi, thanks for the prayers. I know he appreciates them. Kalli, no idea yet. I think we'll learn more tomorrow.

Comment

• Did I end up sending my 5HTP and Vitex to someone? I can't remember, but I can't find them in the two places I would have put them... Paula? Tasha? Did I send them to you?

Comment

• You were going to send 5 htp to me but then decided to hold on to it.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• I think we spoke about it, but you never sent any as far as I know. If you do come across it, hold onto it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• 80/20 doesn't work for me either. I have to have my eye on being 100% - then I can keep it fairly close to probably 90/10. But it if give myself that wriggle room to go to 20% I end up being closer to 50/50. Some of us just need to keep a tighter hold on things.
                              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion
                              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yup. I need to aim for 100% paleo
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X