No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm planning a Whole30 for June. I'm feeling miserable. My mental health conditions are returning. With a vengance. Here's an example...

100 years ago I had my palm read (ok, it was more like 10 years ago) and the reader (who was a friend, not a "professional") said that I had two marriage lines. One marriage would last about 5 years, then my second marriage would last for the remainder of my life. So, normally I would ignore this as hogwash b/c self-fulfilling prophecy and what not, but she also read that I'd have three pregnancies, two of which would result in children. My first pregnancy was a miscarriage. So, that scares me about the whole marriage thing. I thought once we'd gotten past the 5 year mark, I'd relax about it, but apparently I haven't b/c last night, I got a fortune cookie with my crappy Chinese dinner (crappy in both terms of quality and taste) and it said "You do not need to worry about your future". At first I was elated thinking "Awesome! I'm finally going to get this money thing figured out and we'll be set!" but then I remembered the "marriage" prophecy and it makes me worry that financial security will be funded by a life insurance policy.

I worry too much and things like this certainly don't help.

I had a bad dream last night. I had a dream that our house was taken by a tornado as we hid in the basement. I didn't see the aftermath b/c the fear woke me up just as our car slammed into the house. It was our family and one of the kids that SIL babysits that were hiding in our basement. This dream has made me want to move all of our special belongings (scrapbooks and whatnot) to the basement so they don't get lost in a storm.

So, see, my anxiety is as high as my current weight. So, a Whole30 is in the works. And I really need to start lifting weights again. I think I'll take this week off from the gym and start back up next week.

We're not camping this weekend. We don't want to go so often that camping becomes 'ordinary' for the kids. We want it to continue to be a fun thing that gets them outside and active rather than "just another weekend at the campground". Plus, Brad is working this weekend and it would be a crazy long drive to work from the campground. I think we'll probably have a fire in our backyard instead.

I'm not anywhere close to getting my garden in... I have some plants started in pots and according to the Burpee app, they're not supposed to be in the ground yet (thankfully!) but I need to get things going anyway. I need to get a tiller borrowed so I can get the soil ready. I think I'll ask our neighbor if I can borrow his this weekend. If not, I'll borrow my dad's. Dad's is wider than the neighbors so I'll be able to till it more quickly, but Dad's also has the moving parts in front of the wheels, as opposed to behind like the neighbors, which supposedly makes it harder to get a good quality till into the soil. Who knows. I just need to borrow one to get the work done. Maybe I can do that Sunday.

I've decided to cut way back on the garden I'm doing this year. I'll stick with the massive number of tomato plants b/c I want to can a bunch of tomatoes and so does stepmom, but I will only be doing one cucumber plant, one zucchini and squash plant, and a few onions. No beans, no peas, etc. I'm just looking at stuff I know will be eaten as it's grown. Plus, I have to consider how much time I'll have to work on it. If we're camping I won't be home to work on it much. So, I'm taking it down to the bare essentials for the sake of my sanity and my to-do list.

Sister-in-law wants me to sign up for a 5k with her. We'll walk it. It's $47... that is absolutely ridiculous for a 5k... I'd pay it for a 5k to charity, but this isn't a charity run... so I'm kind of annoyed by the price. And that same night, I have a Thirty-One party. That'll be one hella busy day. I thought about signing the kids up too b/c Brady would LOVE it, but at $47 a person??? Ok, found out kids 6 and under are free, so I think Brady will have to be 6 that day... Signed up. My inner cheapskate is freaking out b/c $52 (after "processing fee") is more than I usually pay for a half marathon, but SIL wants to do it and asked me do it with her, so how could I say no? I long to have a better relationship with her, so it's worth it, right?

Anyway... Brad is in town so we're going to get lunch. I hope everyone is having a great day!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      Camping Queen!
      And loving every second of it.

Comment

• Wow I totally get your story about the palm reading and the worries about it coming true.

We had a reading when our middle guy was a baby. She said I would only have 3 pregnancies. I had already had 3 at that point. When I got pregnant with Kevin, I was somewhat afraid that it would be a miscarriage because it was my fourth pregnancy.

She also said that I would be Bill's last wife (He was divorced before), but he would not be my last husband. You can imagine the sort of thoughts that can cause.

Get back to the clean life. It is all you can do for yourself.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
          Get back to the clean life. It is all you can do for yourself.
          This.

I hope you can find a more wallet friendly way of bonding with your SIL. That sounds like a lot to do on one day =\.

What's the plan for now until the Whole30?
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Jenn - I feel you're pain and frustration with the diet struggles. My weight isn't up too terribly bad - just 5 pounds but with all the inactivity since hurting my shoulder last fall - and then the surgery 8 weeks ago - I'm totally out of shape and blubbery! I FEEL 20 pounds heavier.

I have to at least commit to eating right. The movement will come once I have my shoulder back. Course, my shoulder isn't stopping me from getting on the treadmill -- my lazy ass attitude is.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Tasha, the plan is to follow 100% primal but allow for 20% deviation... the only trouble with that is that the 20% quickly becomes much more than that. There are a few dishes we will have to have before I can go Whole30 or the family will revolt. I'm bummed that Whole30 doesn't allow for potatoes and rice, though... that's really got me apprehensive about this round. But, I have suspected for a while now that white potatoes and rice were a trigger for me, so maybe being away from them will be more beneficial than having them.

Had lunch with my husband today. We went off post for lunch b/c he had a barrel of racing fuel in the back of the truck - can't come on post with explosives, so I met him in town. It was nice.

Comment

• Closed another Thirty-One party today... so far my personal sales volume is $1336 since April 30th, making my total commission earned $334 (not including the free stuff I've earned, valued at roughly $400). That's *almost* a car payment in hard cold cash, made in just two weeks... and all I had to do was sit on my butt and post a few things on Facebook. I totally love my new "job". I'm so excited for my first REAL "in-home" party. I absolutely cannot wait for June 7th to get here! That should be a good party b/c everyone loves the Large Utility Tote, which is on special in June. I. can. not. wait.

Comment

• not to rain on your parade........... but don't forget you'll have to declare that cash and pay taxes on it come April 2015. Be sure to put aside enough to cover your tax bill.

That being said.......... YAAHOO for some good sales!
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, makes a good point. I would add that taxes are a pay as you go thing. If you wait until April to pay taxes on the money you earn, throughout the year, you could be hit with a penalty.

You might want to look at paying quarterly estimated taxes.

And congrats on the sales!!

Comment

• yes, if you owe at the end of the year they tack on a penalty. Would be a good idea to pay quarterly.

But don't you always get a refund??? If that's the case -- they could just offset each other.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                        not to rain on your parade........... but don't forget you'll have to declare that cash and pay taxes on it come April 2015. Be sure to put aside enough to cover your tax bill.

That being said.......... YAAHOO for some good sales!
                        They do a 1099 at the end of the year.

Comment

• Yes, but you still want to make sure you've saved up the money to cover your taxes through out the year. Figure at least 20%.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• With as little as I'll be making, the expenses I will be able to deduct between office supplies, mileage, etc, will likely offset any income taxes I will need to pay. We had a home based business once before (Turn 3 Graphics) and the income tax hit we took was nil after all the deductions were calculated. Our refund will MORE than take care of it. I will inquire with my upline though to get clarification on how it all works.
                            Last edited by jenn26point2; 05-14-2014, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• always good to know your butt is covered when the IRS is involved.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Today I have eaten so many Atomic Fireballs that my tongue is literally burned.

Re-reading It Starts with Food, except the only time I hate to read is in bed... I usually fall asleep reading, so I'm not getting very far very quickly. Need to refocus.

Comment

Working...
                                X