No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First weekend camping was SO FUN! We have big plans for next weekend. There's a playground at the campground we went to with four camping spurs around it. It's kind of on it's own little offshoot of the campground. We just happen to have FOUR campers coming out next weekend, so we'll be occupying that section of the campground. The campground is first come/first served, so we will be taking the campers out Wednesday to secure our spots. Wednesday nights are free camping nights, so we'll pay for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, but only stay Friday and Saturday nights. Our group will occupy those 4 spurs and our families can play all weekend long. We'll be able to hang out by our fires while the kids play on the playground. It's going to be perfect and I can't freaking wait!

The kids really enjoyed it. Brady put about a million miles on his bike. Makenna FINALLY started riding hers - before she'd want us to push her and she'd just sit on it. She knew how to ride, she just wouldn't ride her new bike. Now she rides it.

SIL and nephew came out on Saturday so we took a walk and they played on all the playgrounds (there are three at this campground). That was tiring but fun. I could really feel my horrible diet during that event.

Speaking of diet - meals were Primal, snacks were not. Drinks were not - I drank a lot of pop. In fact, I woke up Sunday with a hangover and I only had a single Straw-beer-ita (8 oz drink). I needed more non-soda fluids apparently.

It was quite windy this weekend - hopefully it's not so windy next weekend.

Had my Thirty-One Kick-Off Open House. It did well. Not as well as I had hoped, but well enough to be considered a success. I'm still looking for more orders though. I have a goal I'd like to reach and I'm actually quite close to it. It would only take about 4 or 5 more customers with average orders to help me reach it. Everyone that came was amazed by what Thirty-One has to offer and was more than happy to purchase a product. EVERYONE took advantage of the half off Customer Specials. EVERYONE. It just so happens the customer special this month is my FAVORITE bag, so it was easy to talk it up and no one needed persuaded. I would be happy to speak with anyone here off-site about a bag if anyone has any questions about them. But we'll have to talk off-site if you're interested so that I don't get in trouble for selling stuff here...

Anyhow, I'm going to go drop a couple of catalogs off in the break rooms here. Have a great day, everyone.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Congrats on the sales. Glad you had an awesome camping trip.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• The weekend camping trip sounds wonderful - I have a feeling this camper purchase is going to be one of the best purchases you've made as a family!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• It has already been decided that it is.

Comment

• Ugh, I feel like crap, ladies (and gents). Bloated bloated bloated...

but I have some good news to report. (male-type readers, look away) TOM started yesterday and it's not anywhere NEAR as painful as it had been the two months prior - like minor cramps and none of the spasms. I can still tell the uterus is trying to forcefully expell it's contents (like it does during childbirth) but it's not as painful as of late and it seems less aggressive. The flow is still on the heavy side, but not on the gushing side, so it's at least manageable and isn't creating any urgent situations. Seems there's a cycle to my cycle... lol

Back to bloated... I have been eating pretty poorly since the week prior to my marathon. I blame nerves for the pre-marathon binging. I blame lack of discipline for the post-marathon binging that hasn't stopped. I'm up to 190 lbs again - 24 lbs higher than I was last summer. I'm NOT happy about this. It seems right now I'm kind of walking along side the wagon rather than ON the wagon... my meals are primal, but my evening and nighttime snacks are far from it. I guess this might qualify as 80/20 or 75/25, but that's not the equation that works best for me. I need closer to 100% to feel my best.

So I need to work out a plan. And I think part of that plan will be getting the Easter candy out of the house (or at least hiding it). It's currently sitting out on the counters in easy reach. I stuffed myself full of cereal last night after dinner, so I should finally have that off my list of "must have binge items" and can maybe move on.

I need to look at the calendar and determine when I'm going to go grocery shopping so we can go camping this weekend. Maybe Wednesday night?

I booked another vendor fair - so that makes two that I have this summer. I'm signed up to do one in June and one in July. I'd like to sell another $130 for my current party to reach my goal, but it's not required. It'd be easy to reach if I had the people to do it. I have the potential for 2-4 more orders, but the customers seem rather non-commital and I don't want to pressure too much. I think another one of the consultants is planning to get one of the customer specials (a discounted item that a customer can get if they spend a certain amount) so she has it for her future shows, which will bring me down to only needing $100 in sales to reach my goal - which is easily done. Hopefully one of those 2-4 people will surprise me. Reaching that goal would get me $300 in commission. Which reminds me... the party closes tomorrow so I better get to figuring out what I want to get with my hostess rewards. I have a LOT of rewards coming to me thanks to a high grossing party.

My sister has decided to join Jamberry too. She told me on Sunday. She's going to sign up with me as her sponsor. If she can get the hang of applying the nails, she'll be at the vendor fair with me in July. That should bring in quite a few customers for her. Since I'm not actively marketing that business, there won't be that competition factor to deal with. And our area is large enough and has enough people unfamiliar with Jamberry that she could be very busy very soon for a very long time. I just hope she has the patience and professionalism needed to make it work. She gets frustrated more easily than I do and gives up - so if she's struggling to get the shields to apply and stick properly, I don't foresee her working very hard to find a solution to the problem. So it could be a short-lived venture for her. I hope it's not, because nails are kind of her thing, but unless she grows a lot as an adult, I don't know if it'll work. She also has quite the potty-mouth - it offends even ME and I'm prior service Army... so hopefully she'll be mindful of that and retain some professionalism when it's warranted.

ANYHOW... Things are going well as long as you don't consider my diet... lol

Comment

• It's been a couple of weeks since Easter. Maybe time to just throw the candy out?

I've been eating wheat stuff lately and it seriously messed with my anxiety. I hope we can both figure out a way to stay on the wagon!
              Depression Lies

Comment

• The kids haven't been in it much - more Brad and me. We still have two whole Reester Bunnies that have been untouched. how's that happen?

Comment

• throw them away.......... and not in the kitchen trash....... take them out to the garbage can!
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion
                  9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I just bought a bunch of business cards, thank you cards, "you've been spotted" cards, and "frequent buyer" cards from an etsy store. They're so adorable and I can't wait to print them out! I am significantly curbing my desire to run off to Walmart tonight to buy business card and post card stock... oh, and business card sized labels for my catalogs. EEEEEEEE! I love office supplies!!!

Comment

• 1 day of 90% primal in the books. Only offending substance was some Hidden Valley Ranch on my veggie snack last night. I'm pleased enough with that.

Comment

• Closed my second party yesterday. It grossed, pre shipping and tax, $800. I earned $200 in commission on that party, plus $400 worth of free product. That's essentially a $600 paycheck - for having a few people at my house for a couple of hours... I gotta say, I am pretty damn stoked. I am so excited for my next party - which sadly, isn't until June 7th... what am I going to do with myself til then?? lol

In other work related news, I was offered a temporary promotion to cover for a gal who's taking a different temporary position. She does HR stuff. The boss pulled me into his office and said he pretty much offered HR two options - either I did the job or the position would remain unfilled until Carol returned. So, it's worth a promotion - for 4 months - but because I'm already paid at the higher rate, I won't get any additional pay for the work - just the temporary bump in grade and the extra work. The boss told me that he wanted me to do it because he thinks I can do it, he thinks I'd be good at it, and he thinks I deserve the opportunity. Have I mentioned lately how much I like my boss?? So, temporary promotion which will really only benefit me by way of experience, but that's ok. More work is always a blessing at this desk.

Diet... still at about 90%. Exercise... still at 0%. I really need to start doing something again.

Camping this weekend. I can't wait!!

Comment

• Uncle Sam took $190 of my $506 bonus... Thanks asshole. It's not like I had plans for that money... Now we can't pay off the loan like we had planned to unless I use my commission from Thirty-One which really burns my ass b/c I was going to use my commission to pay off the credit card transactions I'd made to get it started. Oh well, I guess the credit card is going to have to wait...

PS I knew it would be taxed... but I didn't expect them to tax it at a rate of 38%!! My regular paycheck is only taxed at 29%. Assholes.

I wish that they'd tax those one-off checks at the end of the year - my tax deductions would absorb it and make it right.

Comment

• Happy Mother's Day!
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Thank you, Paula! I appreciate it. Happy Mother's Day to you too. Sorry I'm late with it. I didn't log in at all this weekend.

Comment

• Camping Queen!
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X