No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that's awesome, Jenn - Camper and a new little business opportunity too!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Guys, SIL had a miscarriage. If you're the praying type, could you say a prayer for her?
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Oh No, so sorry. Glad you two patched things up last week.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Wow... what a whirlwind weekend!! I took Friday off work to get the house ready for the birthday party (Makenna's 4th) but we went camper shopping instead. Bought the one we'd been looking at. Wednesday will be a very exciting day for our little family. We're already planning a little get-away for this weekend.

Saturday was the birthday party. We swam at the local pool for an hour and a half, then went to our house for cake and ice cream. Makenna got a lot of great presents and some much needed clothes. Saturday night we went to our friends' house where they were celebrating their little ones' birthdays (a 4 year old and 1 year old). We got home late.

Yesterday, we did breakfast, then did a few things around the house. At noon we had to go to a friend's house for an After Easter Easter Egg Hunt. Kids got lots of candy and had lots of fun. Then Bearz and I went grocery shopping. I made dinner, kids had a bath, and I started working on some Thirty-One stuff (putting a label on all my catalogs and order forms with my name, web address, phone number, etc). That's when Makenna walked out of the bedroom complaining that her tummy hurt. I thought she'd just had too much candy, but she said "No. I swallowed a coin". Turns out she'd swallowed a quarter... I called the dr b/c she was complaining that her throat hurt and I was afraid it was lodged in her esophagus. They asked us to take her to the ER for x-rays just to be sure it's not lodged. Sure enough, lit up like a Christmas tree was a quarter (or other coin) in her stomach... But guys, she was SO cute. She walked right up to the intake desk said "I swallowed a coin". The intake personnel asked for her name. She said "Makenna". They said "Can you spell that?" She said "M-A-K-E-N-N-A". They asked for her birthdate and she said "April 29". They got a kick out of her. We went and sat down and the nurse grabbed us right away and Makenna went through the speech all over again. Nurse got a kick out of her too. As did the dr... She did VERY well for her x-rays. Laid perfectly still like the radiology tech asked her to do. She was the perfect little child. It's so amazing to me how much differently they act when it's just one child versus two... Anyhow, they said she should pass it with no problems but if she does have problems, we're to take her to Dr. Ashley for a follow up x-ray. Goofy ass kid...

So, now today, is chill-out day. Kind of. I'm back at work and work is generally pretty relaxing. I have to make cupcakes tonight for Makenna's class tomorrow. There will be extras which is good b/c then they can have some Tuesday night after dinner to celebrate her birthday again. I will avoid them. I've had enough cupcakes and sweet treats.

Which reminds me: SIL and I are back on the paleo train. I'm going back to PHD and she's checking it out. Brad said one more week of crap and he wants it all gone from the house. Thank you Whole30 in January for making him realize just how crappy he feels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
            Oh No, so sorry. Glad you two patched things up last week.
            Me too.

Comment

• I hope Makenna's coin passes without trouble. That's too funny.

My condolences for SIL's loss. I hope that the Whole30 efforts help if she is going to try again (I'm sure it would).
              Depression Lies

Comment

• We're not doing Whole30, just paleo. She's doing plus potatoes, and I'm doing plus starches and dairy (a la PHD). Her motivation is so that she can get as healthy as possible before they try again. I decided I would join her b/c I've been eating SO incredibly poorly since right before the marathon. I feel like crap. I'm tired as hell. I'm not sleeping worth a shit (seriously, you should see the last two weeks worth of sleep graphs from Fitbit. They're terrible). I'm gaining weight again. I'm a mess. Time to pull the diet back in and get things back under control.

No more grains. No more refined sugar. Only whole, natural foods. I'm going to start out with 100% compliance for a while - probably 30 days. Then work on 80/20. I am SO bad at 80/20. 20 very quickly becomes 60... but I think PHD will help with that.

Comment

• Signed up to participate in a craft fair as a Thirty-One rep. I was going to do Jamberry b/c I figured Thirty-One would already be taken, but Jamberry was already taken... what the what? That was unexpected! I had even thought about taking two tables, side by side, and doing both businesses - which I think would possibly violate Thirty-One policy - or at the very least would fall into a gray area that would be subject to interpretation and could easily NOT end in my favor, so I decided to just do one table. Good thing too since Jamberry was already taken. Which is fine b/c right now, I'm not focusing on Jamberry - just holding my spot as a rep for the time being and using it for family and friends to order from. Once Thirty-One is stabilized, then I'll start focusing some attention on Jamberry.

Here's why I joined Jamberry now... my friend Lisa, who is my sponsor, offered me a $20 rebate if I joined before the end of April so that she could meet a business goal (she'd get some kind of kickback if she recruited enough people before the end of the month). B/c I always strive to help people as much as I can, I agreed to do it. I used the $50 I had made on Pact and applied that toward the cost of the kit. With her $20 rebate and the $50 I got from Pact, I only paid $30 for my membership with Jamberry. There are no sales requirements, so I can sit on this one and wait to start it. Additionally, Jamberry sells VERY well on online parties and doesn't REQUIRE home presentations for people to get excited and buy the products - it helps of course, but is not required. Honestly, it sells itself b/c they're so easy to apply and they last so long (up to two weeks). I'll get my kit on Tuesday and I'm excited to do my nails up all pretty. I got three sheets of nails with my consultant kit (one sheet is KennaBear sized so I can do her nails all pretty too) and I can't wait to apply them. That probably won't happen til Wednesday, though b/c we're busy this week with the camper and all that. Maybe it won't happen until after the weekend... who knows. I would DEFINITELY like to have a set on before the Thirty-One party at my house on Sunday. Good gravy... I just realized something... if we're camping on the weekends, I won't be grocery shopping on Saturdays... when am I going to buy our foodz??? lol
                  Last edited by jenn26point2; 04-28-2014, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Whoa, dudes... so many people I associated with this weekend are sick... SIL, BIL, nephew, FIL, friends Anna, Kayleen, Rex, Kayleen's boy and boyfriend, and now Brad are all sick... SIL thought her house had food poisoning. So did Kayleen's house... all of us were at the same party, so we thought maybe they got food poisoning from the party... but FIL didn't go to the party...

I've got a 2 year long illness free streak. I joked on FB that they could all just stay away b/c none of them were worth breaking my 2 year long illness free streak!

SIL ended up getting so lightheaded she passed out and busted her cheek open!! Holy shit, yo!

Comment

• FIL wasn't as sick as everyone else so maybe he was a fluke. Everyone else was puking and crapping themselves all day long. Me and my kids didn't get sick. My kids didn't eat anything at the party. I did, but I dodged that bullet apparently. Primal body for the win?? I believe so...

I suspect our host and hostess bought contaminated burgers. Everyone that got sick, ate a burger.

Comment

• oh dear........... they should probably report that to the health department.
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• But we don't know for sure and since it was a picnic of sorts, whatever company manufactured the meat will just blame it on poor handling anyway, which it very well could have been... Everyone is better now so it's all good again.

Comment

• Closed my first party! It was only a $200 party, so it's not a big one, but I earned a commission so that's cool. I've also already received a sale for my party this weekend and a friend said she'll be ordering tomorrow, so YAY! There is great potential for my party this weekend to break $600, which will earn me free products (like a lot of free products) and a pretty nice check. *fingers crossed* I put a few supplies (like the consultant kit, summer add on kit, office supplies, etc) on the credit card, so first order of business is to repay those amounts. After that, the money I earn will go into a different checking account to be kept separate from our household budget. I'll set a bit aside for office supplies (new labels, new catalogs, etc), add-ons (to party orders to bump them to the next hostess level and to get additional bags to show, or even to buy something for myself), and fuel for my travels. After I get a good cushion, I'll be able to start giving myself a paycheck. I am so pumped!

Comment

• So, I closed my first party and have already received two orders for the party I'm having on Sunday. I've already sold over $100 worth of bags for the party that hasn't even started yet!! This is so exciting.

In more Primal news... meh... I'm on and then off again. I do really well during the day and then I just kind of lax up in the evening. Tuesday night, Makenna wanted pizza for dinner, so we had pizza. Yesterday, I decided to eat some cookies. At least I didn't have any Dr. Pepper or Mt. Dew yesterday...

Yesterday afternoon we brought the camper home. The kids were SOOO excited! We won't be taking it out this weekend b/c we still need to get all the "housewares" for it - pillows, extra blankets, dishes, etc. I told Brad I wanted to camp for Mother's Day though, so we're making plans to go out next weekend. This weekend is too busy anyway with the party I'm hosting Sunday.

I need to talk to my grandma about getting a set of tea towels for it. My great-grandma used to embroider tea towels as a hobby and created quite the stockpile of them. She'd give a set to every newly married couple, but still had a bunch. My grandma inherited the stack and continues with the tradition of giving them to newlyweds. She recently gave me a second set for Christmas when I requested some new ones. I think she'll be happy if I ask for a set for the camper. I am so excited to also stock up on Thirty-One bags for the camper. There are quite a few that would work perfectly for transporting items back and forth - clothes, food, etc. Thirty-One offers the one bag I want for $10 in June, so I will probably wait til then to order them.

I hope all is well with everyone. I've been reading but not commenting much. Kind of caught up in my own stuff right now.

Comment

• I might be taking 4 hours off today. Brad's not racing tonight (too much rain this week) and his dad doesn't want to race tomorrow night (has to work at 4 am on Sunday) so now Brad wants to go camping which means I need to get stuff done TO-DAY! Like grocery shopping, picking up the house and getting it presentable again, packing the camper. There's nothing quite like spontaneity!

we don't have ANY supplies in the camper yet, so we'll take pillows and blankets from home. I've got a hodge podge of paper plates and paper cups, plastic silverware and such at home that we can snatch up and stuff in the camper. I have extra rolls of paper towels, so we'll have napkins. If I go grocery shopping now, I can get all the food we'd need and we can grab some snacky stuff from home (like the half bag of pretzel sticks we have in the pantry, etc - Brad wants all the junk food gone by Sunday night anyway). Pack some clothes for the kids, and load up!

If I get most of my cleaning/picking up done today, all I have to do Sunday morning is vaccuum, sweep and take out the trash.

Spontaneity makes me anxious!!! Holy yikes!!

Comment

Working...
                                X