No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance is $60 a year... already checked that.

We have a friend who used to work as a camper mechanic (whatever - he used to work on campers for a living) that Brad plans to have look at whatever one we want to buy. But again, that's a ways down the road yet...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• It's nice to dream though
      Depression Lies

Comment

• So... the 4 wheeler sold in a matter of minutes... Brad sold it to a guy he used to race with. Full asking price... so between that money and my performance award (supposed to get that next pay period, I believe), and this month's payment, that loan is as good as gone... Literally. So, we're looking at that camper again... It's just too perfect considering it matches all of our desired wish list items. I'm hoping to stop by the dealership tonight to look at it.

Comment

• Good luck!
          Depression Lies

Comment

• SIL and I talked via text yesterday. I expected this talk to be a horrible experience but it wasn't. I really thought she'd have a laundry list of complaints about my personality or something, but all she was concerned about was whether or not I was mad at her b/c of the way she perceived my reaction to her pregnancy. She didn't remember me saying congratulations (but I remember doing so b/c I consciously thought "I have not told her congratulations yet" and then did so immediately after) and she said I didn't seem excited about it. Honestly, I don't get giddy over anyone getting pregnant b/c I know how touch and go it is in the beginning... I start getting excited when they start showing and it's time to start buying stuff.

And then she was concerned about why I didn't "like" her announcement picture on FB... I explained that I hadn't seen it yet. So I sought it out. It was a picture of her son holding a sign that said "only child... expiring November 2014" with two pics of her ultrasound (she had an early ultrasound due to some spotting. ultrasound showed strong heartbeat and definite baby). I liked the pic and commented about the cute idea. Facebook is so screwy sometimes... I don't see things my sister or stepmom post either, and only a small percentage of what Brad posts... unless they tag me in their posts...

So, I guess we got that worked out... perception is so deceiving sometimes. I mean, even I perceived we had a bigger issue than that... and I'm certainly glad it wasn't bigger than that.
            Last edited by jenn26point2; 04-24-2014, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• One less worry!
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Phew......... bet you're glad that is over and done with!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Forgot to mention that she said she does not want the crap going on between MIL and me to interfere with our relationship - which I was quite surprised by. I am still quite hurt and offended by MIL's comments and am in no mood to talk to her, so I'm glad she's going to the pits on Friday nights. SIL and I will be sitting together again (I didn't sit with her last week b/c I thought she probably felt the same way as her mom and I didn't want to interfere with her enjoyment of the races).

Brad and I talked about this again last night. Something about the conversation bothered me. It wasn't anything he said, but rather what he didn't say. I commented that I'm still upset by his mom saying I'm such a bad mom she can't stand to be around me. He didn't disagree with his mom - and this would have been the prime time to do it... instead he said he's still pissed about how she went about it... so, I'm kind of upset by what he *didn't* say and am really hoping he doesn't think I'm a bad mom. Yes, I have my flaws, but I don't think I'm straight up BAD at this mom thing... and if this were a judging event and we were being scored, I think overall I would come out ahead of him in the "good" category if this were a head to head competition simply b/c I end up spending more time with them in the long run, but I don't think he's a bad dad... In any event, I hope his opinion is favorable...

Comment

• Men are clueless at seeing the optimal moment to offer a compliment or squelch a bad feeling.
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                      Men are clueless at seeing the optimal moment to offer a compliment or squelch a bad feeling.
                      I'll second this. We're usually focused on the other practicalities. It's almost blind luck if we say the right thing at the right time.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                        I'll second this. We're usually focused on the other practicalities. It's almost blind luck if we say the right thing ever.

Sent via lightsaber
                        Sorry, had to fix that for ya..., cuz gods know I usually don't.... including now, more likely than not...

Comment

• Those are some wise words Tomi. He probably feels that the talk went well.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• We women do the best we can to set it up for them don't we?? It's like tossing a ball for a blind dog.......
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                              We women do the best we can to set it up for them don't we?? It's like tossing a ball for a blind dog.......
                              ^^This... lol

Brad and I are officially camper owners. We got them to come down $650 on the price of the camper which allowed Brad to get the hitch he wanted (multidirectional 5th wheel hitch) - basically, he got the hitch for half price. The truck goes in Tuesday night to have the hitch installed Wednesday then we'll bring the camper home Wednesday night. You can see pictures of it here. We are so excited to go camping with the kids! We got pretty decent terms on the loan too. Because it's so old (1998) they would only finance it for 5 years which is fine... we'll pay it off faster than initially thought, at which time we plan to upgrade. We think the kids are too young for anything *really* nice (read: newer) at this point. Maybe in 5 years when they're 12 and 9 and more likely to take off their shoes and not color on walls.

So, the secret business opportunity I had is going to work out. The product is Jamberry Nails - they're vinyl nail wraps. So cute and so fun and so easy to use. No drying time, no chemicals, no yucky polish remover, no stinky smell, no smudges! I love them. You can check them out here if you'd like. And I'd be THRILLED to send you a sample if you're into polish and manicures/pedicures. I honestly think the Jamberry Nails will be a bigger seller than the Thirty-One but I was already committed to Thirty-One before I found Jamberry. But, no reason I can't do both - most Jamberry parties are online, so I can do numerous at once and not even leave the house. My friend Lisa, my sponsor, has done 12 parties this month and brought in $2,000 in commission!!! And she's not had a single "in home" party yet! It's insane how well it's going for her. I hope I'm HALF as successful with it as she is. So, anyhow, check it out and let me know what you think. This is super exciting to me b/c I'm one of only five consultants in a 50 mile radius of my house - Thirty-One has about 50 consultants in that area... No one has heard of Jamberry yet which makes it an even better deal b/c I'll be blazing trails in our area which means CRAZY opportunities.
                              Last edited by jenn26point2; 04-25-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Those Turple Ombre ones are ccuuuttteee
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X