My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONGRAAAATTUULLATTIIONNNS

I teared up reading your recap . I knew you could do it and I'm so glad you were able to learn it for yourself. This is seriously so exciting!

Be sure to re-fuel with plenty of fruits and primal carbs the next few days. I'm sure your body needs it.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• We had tuna casserole made with rice noodles and homemade cream of mushroom, with a side of mashed potatoes for dinner last night... is that primal and carby enough? lol It was absolutely delicious. I have leftovers of the tuna and noodles for lunch. Not sure what we'll have for dinner tonight b/c Brady has his spring concert at 7. Probably quick and easy for the kids (chicken nuggets and tater tots) and then something "real" for me and Brad after the concert. The kids won't be able to wait til after the concert to eat. Then again, it starts at 7, so maybe I can get something going as soon as I get home at 5:30 and we can be fed and ready to go by 6:30? Pork chops on the grill with baked potatoes maybe? or even mashed again... I'll talk it over with Brad.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• awesome recap!
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Congrats on your fantastic accomplishment!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Congratulations!!

Comment

• Awesome job! congrats on finishing your marathon!

Comment

• Just adding some congratulations, great effort.

Comment

• Thanks everyone.

Post marathon day 2 - normally this is when the major doms set it... the overuse aches are gone. Some DOMS remain, but not much. My hurt bicep seems to not be as hurt today as it was yesterday (which tells me for sure it's a nerve thing brought on by inflammation). I will still have Dr. Lake work on it... shoot, I was supposed to see her on Thursday but I have to take Thursday off b/c SIL has a prenatal appointment and I can't take Bearz with me... had to call the clinic and postpone til Monday... Grrrrr...

Anyway, I'm feeling really really good and I'm quite surprised by it.

I join Thirty-One tomorrow!! So excited!

Got the sample in the mail for the other thing I'm considering doing. I can't wait to try it out - tonight - and start the 7-day challenge. I promise, it's not what you guys are thinking. I'll tell you more when the time is right.

My allergies are kicking my ass today... this tells me my immune system is weaker than usual - likely b/c I worked my body so hard on Sunday... it's an Omnaris and Benedryl day...

Yeah... I think that's all I've got for now. I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday.

Comment

• so - is there another 26.2 in the future? Or, is that goal checked off the bucket list?
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion
                    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• There's another... likely September.

Comment

• You go girl!!!!
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion
                        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Any last-minute advice now that you've made it through a marathon? My first marathon is in just over a month.

Comment

• Not really. lol Sorry.

Comment

• The only thing that would keep me from doing another marathon is the extensive training that's involved. That's a lot of time running - away from family and family activities... We'll see how I feel about doing another marathon when June gets here. In the meantime, I have created my training plan just in case. I would need to start training no later than 6/22.

Comment

• Sooooo sleepy today. Sleep has been wacked out since the marathon. A paleo marathoner friend say that this is typical after a marathon b/c hormones are all sorts of jacked up.

Allergies are also bugging me. I also suspect the marathon is to blame - by stressing my body so much the immune systems is weakened, thus allergens are allowed to mess with me.

But I think I'm done with my post marathon binge fest... I will be making more of a concerted effort to get back on track tomorrow - following PHD - or at the very least, eating "real" food instead of processed and manufactured garbage - with the exception of rice noodles, b/c those fall in line with PHD.

Comment

Working...
                                X