No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anxious to hear what this new and exciting venture is all about!!!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• It's geared toward women only (and no, it's not sex toys! blech!)
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        It's geared toward women only (and no, it's not sex toys! blech!)
        Hey don't knock 'em . Vibrators are awesome tools.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• I agree but I'm not going to sell them. lol

Comment

• Brady got selected for College for Kids - a 2 week long summer workshop where he can explore thing scientific in nature, mathematical in nature, or artistic in nature. It costs $110, plus the cost of transportation.

I'm rather proud of his accomplishment, but wondering how we can afford to do it. I'll have to do some rearranging, but I think it can be done. I certainly don't want to ignore this opportunity.

Comment

• Period started overnight. I knew it was coming because 1. tracking on the calendar (I had to know that it wasn't going to start the day of my marathon and prevent me from being able to run) and 2. I kept dreaming about it starting... So far, it hasn't killed me. I am cautiously optimistic that this time things will go more smoothly. Last month was absolutely brutal! If this one goes well (in comparison to last month), I'll know the symptoms I had all last month were hormone fluctuation related symptoms. They sure were uncomfortable. While I hope they never appear again, I hope my body continues to adjust hormonally so that maybe things will get RIGHT! It sucks horribly that at age 34 my libido is completely shot...

Ate garbage this weekend. Binged on non-primal stuff last night. Just felt too exhausted to fight the urges last night. Thoroughly exhausted today.

I am one week away from the marathon and I don't want to do it anymore. The idea of running for 5 hours is such a mood killer. I suspect this feeling is normal, but I'm nearly to the point of dreading next Sunday morning. I think I'm just scared. I hope I start to get excited for it as the week rolls by. Right now it just makes me super anxious. I don't want to run for 5 hours... I mean, who the hell does that?

YNAB: So far so good. Our grocery bill was smaller than usual this week. We had a lot of meat in the freezer so I didn't have to buy meat this week. I had roughly $40 (plus a few dollars) left after it was all said and done. We spent $20 on lunch and I picked up a couple more things from the store last night, so we have about $12 left. Lunch money is already set aside for when the email comes that Brady needs it. I have spent all of my fun money ($25) and I believe Brad has too. And now that the week has begun, we should be ok. We tend to want to spend money on the weekends when there's time to do fun things/no time to cook.

Went to the race track yesterday for a car show (we got 3rd) and then had a few practice sessions on the track. Brad is very pleased with the car - how it feels and how it responds. I am hopeful that this year will be a good year for him.

Ugh... some of the less awesome symptoms are starting to make an appearance. Nothing like being the ONLY woman in the office and having these things crop up... I hope I can run this afternoon without fear that my uterus is going to fall out...

Comment

• Hope you're day goes well, Jenn. Female issues are horrible! You have my upmost sympathy!

My answer to the marathon......... if you really don't want to do it - then don't. No one is forcing you. But, if you will regret not doing it - then I say do it and get over it and then don't think about doing another one. Its totally your choice.
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• I think I'm just in a funk. I haven't been doing much by way of long runs - my last long run was the 20 miler almost 4 weeks ago. I think if I'd keep up with the long runs instead of making excuses to avoid them, I'd be in a better place mentally. But I didn't know what was going on with the ache in my abs so I skipped my 12. Then the next weekend the abs were still hurting pretty badly and I knew 10 miles would be agonizing with that ache. I just flat out didn't do my 8 yesterday b/c Brad was doing a bunch of racing stuff and I wasn't sure how I'd fit it in, so I just let it go. And I only ran once last week. I plan to run 2 miles every day this week. Hopefully that'll get me back in the mood. I know once it's done, I'll be overjoyed that I did it. And I know part of it is my mental state thanks to my period. FFS I hate being a woman sometimes... guys totally have it easy (reproductively speaking).

Comment

• well, at least we don't have to worry about our "happy to see you" muscle flexing when we don't want it to!!!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• lol. Tomi, you are killing me.

Sorry for the funk Jenn. I am just ending ttom. Glad to see the end of this cycle. Sometimes they kick my ass physically and emotionally.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Can't go run b/c I'm babysitting a computer and a safe... Only those with a security clearance and "need to know" can access the computer I'm babysitting... so I can't go until someone else is available to babysit it, or until the COL returns to secure it himself. This is frustrating b/c I was supposed to meet someone to run and had to send her off by herself b/c I can't leave the office - no not even to pee no matter how great the urge. I always dread it when the boss asks me to get the hard drive out of the safe... I know it means I'm chained to my desk for the day.

And technically, whoever is babysitting it has to keep it in his/her line of sight, which means technically, only my desk will do as a babysitter, but we pretty much just block everyone's access to the boss' office if the computer is up and running and that serves the purpose well enough.

Comment

• Oh hey, fancy running into you here
                          [ The Path of Healing Journal. ]

"Live in each season as it passes;
                          breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit,
                          and resign yourself to the influence of the earth."

Comment

• hahaha you'll learn way more about me than you'd ever want to know by reading this journal. I dump all my shit here... lol Welcome to my chaos.

so problem with the kid again. I guess he asked a little girl a question at recess and when she answered him unfavorably, he said "I'm going to kill you" under his breath to her. He says he didn't say this but all the other classmates who heard the conversation said he did. I'm so freaking scared that my little shit is turning into a bully and I don't know how to stop it.

The insurance company contacted me regarding his ADHD disagnosis and the medication that was prescribed, indicating they were contraindicated (this med is not appropriate for ADHD), but the dr says this is the primary drug used currently for ADHD. I don't know who to trust.

I asked her how long we should wait before we adjust dosages or discount a drug as not being effective for him and she said one month... I don't want to wait that long b/c it seems to be making him an angry little boy. He's way more argumentative, to the point of angry arguing rather than just arguing for sport, when he takes it. (Shit, I just realized he didn't take it today... damn it! Shit shit shit shit shit). He's more aggressive too - like he'll angrily snatch things out of people's hands, he'll shove people out of the way by running into them, etc. I don't think it's the right med. My gut tells me it's not right. But the insurance company didn't give any additional information - just that we should call our doctor within the week.

We've talked to him about bullying and how dangerous it is. We've discussed it when there is a school shooting as well as as a general rule of being a good person. I don't know what to think or what to do...

Budget stuff: we're doing well. We haven't overdrawn this week. Unfortunately, we have some obligations coming up in the next week or so that will require us to use the credit card b/c we just don't have the money sitting around yet. YNAB is definitely helping us to stay on track and to not swipe our card without looking/thinking about it first.

Weight: my trek off the path this weekend resulted in a 5 lb weight gain. Back on track as of yesterday. Also going back to dairy free until after the marathon... wait... wait. That's not true. I had butter last night and have butter on my lunch today... however, after giving it some serious thought, I almost think the problem is actually carageenan. I had this burning sensation in my leg while I was Whole30, but then later found my chicken breasts contained carageenan. When I switched brands, the pain went away. Then both times I've reintroduced dairy, the problem has come back, but this time it didn't come back til after this weekend - this weekend I had chocolate milk that also contains carageenan... I don't have time to research it or experiment right now and once the marathon is over it won't matter b/c I won't be running anywhere near as much. BUT, the thought will remain a little niggle in the back of my mind for sure. It could just be carageenan, not dairy as a whole.

However, yesterday when the burning started, I walked til it went away, then started running again. It didn't come back. So hopefully I'll still be in the clear for the marathon this weekend. That burning is the only thing that I see that could stop me from successfully completing this marathon, but even then I'll walk the danged thing before I quit.

And with that, I'm going to get ready to head out for a short run. 2 miles is the plan. My marathon friend says I need to be resting, but 2 miles is a rest as far as I'm concerned. I did 11 miles total the week before my 20 miler... I don't see how 2 miles a day (walk/run) will be a problem before the marathon - especially since my plan says to do 11, and I don't plan to race for time on Sunday. I only plan on finishing. So, I should be ok. Ok. off I go.
                            Last edited by jenn26point2; 04-08-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Jenn, you say you talk to Brady about his behavior and bullying,in general, but what are the consequences for that behavior? I think he will only see/learn that bullying is not tolerated by seeing that doing it costs him something he doesn't want to lose/do.

Comment

• We've never had to address HIM bullying before - have only talked about it as a teaching tool for future behavior. For instance, when the school shooting occured in Arizona, we talked about how things like that happen - and that usually the child that does the shooting was bullied in school and is doing what he did to get back at the bullies. We have also told him that bullying people is mean and hurts the feelings of the child who is bullied and that we should not intentionally hurt someone's feelings or pick on someone because they are different. We've never had to have a conversation that says "you are being a bully b/c you did this, therefore you will lose this". It hasn't been needed yet.

The principal doesn't think that what Brady did today was a bully behavior b/c Brady is not a bully. His teacher agreed. His teacher thinks it was just Brady speaking before thinking (typical) and the principal thinks it was just Brady being a boy - meaning "I'm going to kill you" as in chase you around the playground and try to catch you until the bell rings. The principal said that, sadly, even if this is what Brady was thinking when he said it, the school isn't allowed to 'assume' that anymore thanks to our messed up world. He said if Brady was older, he'd have to be suspended, but given his age, he will simply lose two recesses and have to spend them with the principal tomorrow (which I really don't think is much of a punishment b/c Brady likes the principal). He thinks this was an isolated incident and won't happen again.

I explained to him that Brady is trying out a medication for ADHD and that the dr says we should give it a month. The principal agreed that strange behavior can occur as their bodies adjust to new medications, but that we should make a note of this and make sure to bring it to her attention when we meet with her to evaluate his medication. I certainly hope he's right about this being an isolated thing and that my son is not becoming a bully.

Comment

Working...
                                X