Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is awesome. Yay Brad!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• ^This
      Depression Lies

Comment

• BEAUTIFUL 4 mile run over lunch. It was so nice to run in the sunshine and be able to run in a tshirt instead of a tshirt with 2 layers on top. Very nice. Heel behaved properly as well, so I believe I'm fully recovered from the 20 miler. On to the next big adventure - 12 miles this weekend. No idea where I'm going to run. It seems the forecast is not going to be very runner friendly - 34 on Sunday. Not cool, Mother Nature... not cool.

I'm pleased with how my marathon training came together. I was humbled by my 20 mile run last weekend. I thought I had it in the bag with how easy my 18 miler was. 4 weeks off between long runs apparently causes some backstepping in ability as that 20 miler was hard. This has me worried about the marathon b/c it's 4 weeks out and the longest run between now and then is only 12 miles. Trust the training is what they always say... *fingers crossed*
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Man... all caught up on the journals and I still have 2 hours of work left... now what? lol

Comment

• I've started reading the Perfect Health Diet after all of Paula's success and ravings. I figure it hurts nothing to learn more, right? I skipped over part one (the why) and went straight for the meat and potatoes (pun intended) and started reading part two (the what). I can read the why later. I am missing potatoes so much that I want to get started RIGHT NOW, but I'm scared shitless of dairy right now (no pun intended) b/c I know from past experiences that it screws with my ability to run. So my thinking is that I can let Whole30 go, but remain dairy free until after the race...

That's another thing... I just want the race to get here so I can get it over with. Is this that taper madness they talk about? I want to move on to other things - I want to go back to the barbell (however I have thought about running a half marathon in May - since I'll be in the post marathon phase I probably won't have to train for it. I wonder what the medal looks like - in 2011 it sucked ass).

Dentist appointments for me and the kiddos tomorrow.

I'm hungry today... or maybe I'm just bored... or anxious... likely anxious but over what, I don't know.

Comment

• Jenn, I am doing PHD dairy free except for butter.

(of course, this does not include yesterday. lol)
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• getting caught up!! have had just enough energy to tackle only my own journal.

I think you are doing right by Brady with meds to get him back on track.

nice job on the 20!!

looking forward to hearing you're under 180!!!

any news on the job or did I miss that someplace in the midst of my post surgical blurrrr?
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I want to be this woman: The Darling Bakers | One family's pursuit of balanced, intentional living. Such a simple, wholesome, relaxed life. She may work a lot by teaching her kids, making all their food, sprouting everything, fermenting what she can, etc... but it's a simple "down home" kind of life and that's what I wish we could live... I long for a simpler life.

A lot of our favorite recipes include dairy. I really want to find what I can tolerate without too many issues. When I'm not running, dairy is fine b/c the inflammation it produces doesn't cause issues with any other part of my life - just the running. So I will probably include it when I go back to lifting full time. It does cause congestion and, in excess, sinus issues, and that dreaded eczema, but it doesn't not impact lifting. I need to do more reading though b/c I'm not educated enough on PHD yet. I just want my danged potatoes... It's grilling season and all I can think about are potatoes in a foil pouch with onions and butter. (I should try a parchment pouch to avoid the aluminum...)

Brady has an appointment with Dr. Ashley today to get an Rx to treat his ADHD.

Not allowed to talk about it yet, but someone in our family is having a baby - it's not me. But it has sparked conversation about whether or not we'll have a third. Brad really wants a third and I'm not sold. In fact, the idea of it raises my anxiety b/c there are so many things that will make it difficult.

1. Only a 3 bedroom house. I don't feel comfy bunking my son with my daughter for privacy reasons and bunking one of my kids with a baby just seems like a bad idea for reasons of sleep loss.
                  2. Increased daycare costs... that shit's scary!
                  3. Gave away ALL of the kids' clothes last summer. And all the baby gear... like ALL of it.
                  4. I'm not sure I have the patience for a 3rd toddler, but I'm sure I'd survive it.
                  5. My kids are finally "getting easy".
                  6. Advanced maternal age - I'll be 35 soon (or would hit that age during the pregnancy if it happened right now). However, I think this is no longer a concern given medical advancements.
                  7. I don't yearn for another child - like if both my kids were of a single gender, I'd probably yearn for one of the opposite gender, but I don't b/c I have one of each.
                  8. A boy would be too young for Brady to play with and appreciate as he grows. Having a girl raises problems for me too b/c it feels like she'd crowd Makenna... I wouldn't want Makenna to be a middle child unless the baby was a boy.
                  9. We'd have to buy a bigger car.

Having a boy would be ok, I guess... I don't know... I guess I just can't imagine our life with another child. And I certainly can't guarantee a boy.

But at the same time, I don't know if I feel like our family is complete... I guess I feel pretty content with our family size, but at the same time, I don't want to keep Brad from having something he wants - and children are always a blessing, even if there are too many of them. And I certainly wouldn't mind being pregnant again. I enjoyed pregnancy - probably b/c I never got sick and feeling the baby squirm was freaking awesome.

So then we joked about how we could wait til Brady's 12 and then we'd have a babysitter for the next 9 years (b/c Makenna would take over for Brady in 3 years) lol But that'd have me at 38 before the baby is born, thus raising our chances of Down Syndrome (not that there's anything inherently wrong with Down Syndrome children, just that most people (myself included) would prefer not to have a baby with DS despite how amazing they actually are).

I don't know... as I write this I kind of feel like maybe another baby wouldn't be that bad... of course, I don't have a 7 year old and 3 year old fighting in the background. But then again, getting pregnant right now would probably not be wise b/c of the other pregnant person in our lifes - I wouldn't want to take any of her limelight away from her. She's due in November. We could wait til after summer is over to try, and then end up with a summer baby next year, which would be ok - January, April and Summer baby... It would certainly give me a chance to have a Primal/Paleo baby, which I so badly wish I could redo with the first two.

I guess Brad and I need to do some serious talking about this... damn this journal and it's ability to change my mind on things!

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                    getting caught up!! have had just enough energy to tackle only my own journal.

I think you are doing right by Brady with meds to get him back on track.

nice job on the 20!!

looking forward to hearing you're under 180!!!

any news on the job or did I miss that someplace in the midst of my post surgical blurrrr?

The job was awarded to someone else - I didn't even get an interview.

Comment

• I contemplated this whole 3rd child thing while I was running today... and I think I may have decided that I'm ok with a third. I think I'd rather suffer the consequences of having a third child than regret not doing it later when it's too late. BUT, under one condition - we do NOT start trying until the end of family member's pregnancy, so November timeline, which will make for a September baby. We will discuss tonight, I'm sure. Waiting that long will help us both decide if this is what we really want - and will allow us to pay some stuff off and free up some money for the added costs. That timeline will also get me through all my endurance events and allow me time to condition my body the way I want (only to screw it all up again *le sigh*).

And if we do it, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that Brad shoots the right DNA so we end up with a second boy, but even if it's a girl, I bet Makenna would do a great job being a mommy helper.

Comment

• Of course, I could end up talking myself out of it completely by then as well... this is why we allow such long wait times - so we're sure.

Comment

• My anxiety is spiked right now. I think it has to do with all of ^that above... I really must talk to Brad...

Additionally, Brady and Brad were going to the doctor today to get the wee man some meds for his ADHD... and I think that's got me keyed up too. Plus dentist appointments tomorrow... plus picture day at school on Wednesday... lots of stuff going on.

Comment

• Stepmom may have talked me down off the ledge, reminding me of all the reasons I didn't want a third child... and seeing my kids tonight reminded me how good I have it right now.

If we were to have a third, trying in November, Makenna would be 5 before baby is born... and Brady would be almost 9. And I can't help but think that the reason I'm thinking like this is bc the family member is pregnant... I need to definitely step back a bit and reconsider before telling Brad I'm in bc I'd hate to change my mind later and have to tell him no after getting his hopes up.

Comment

• You've got tons of time to think about this! If you're like me, I know you're trying to figure it all out RIGHT NOW. It's hard to put it aside, but you can. Don't push yourself to know everything all at once!

Shailene Woodley - Biography - IMDb
                              The actress who plays Tris is apparently interested in ancestral diets . I thought that was cool.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• You're right. Plenty of time, but I'm also not 25 anymore... I'm 34... you know what they say about that clock. lol

That's pretty cool. So many people are jumping on board - sports figures, Hollywood figures, etc. It's good to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X