No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no! Not you too! Coll is coming down with a bug too! Take good care of yourself & try to rest as much as you can.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Uh oh................... hope you feel better soon.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• good explanation of the gut. I never thought of it that way. I have psoriasis on my elbows that will not go away. I know it is an indication of problems inside, inflammation I suppose, so it makes sense that the skin is the last to be healed.

Yea for the move...good changes in your enviornment make a big difference.
        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
        height 5'3
        SW 215 lbs
        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
        LW 172 lbs
        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I didn't stay home because of a bug... mother nature, i.e. Russian Circus, had me sacked on the couch. Pretty rough day 1. Researching causes b/c this isn't the first time day 1 has been such torture.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Oooooooooohhhhh My mistake!! It's been so long since I had to worry about that I forgot the terminology! lol. Hope you're feeling better.
            Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I am feeling better today. I was feeling better yesterday, but feeling nearly 100% today. Zero pain, anyway - just some tremendous bloating that I can't explain!

I spent most of yesterday talking to a gal on Facebook about hormone imbalance and what tests I should get done and all that. Asked my doctor about hormone testing (primarily the three sex hormones) and she said her clinic doesn't do that... maybe a gynecologist would - but I don't have a gynecologist b/c I just see my family doc for paps... guess I'll be searching for a women's health doctor. Preferably one into naturopathy or functional medicine.

Parent teacher conferences tonight. I need to get to researching more on diet and ADHD, so I can talk to the teacher knowledgably tonight.

Sign up for tee-ball has started. Going to be signing our little man up again. He seemed to really like it last year and I know we enjoyed watching it. I think Brad wants to serve as a coach. I'd like to maybe serve on the committee board (it's a small group of parents that set all this up - the sporting activities are not offered through the school til middle school or something like that).

Anyway, time to run. I'll check in again later.

Comment

• Good luck, Jenn. Hormonal issues are tricky for sure!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sold my fitbit to a gal on Facebook for $75. Ordered a Garmin VivoFit. It's the Fitbit Flex, Jawbone Up24 and Fitbit Force all rolled into one - watch, idle minder, changable band, sleep monitor, step tracker, activity monitor, etc. Those first 3 features are the reason I decided to sell the fitbit and buy the Garmin. It's a bit more expensive than the Fitbit, but by selling my Fitbit for $75, I'm only out $12. And b/c I ordered the Garmin from RoadRunnersSports, I saved $13, so... It was pretty much a wash. I think I'll be more happy with the Garmin device than I was the Fitbit. I felt the Fitbit was lacking a bit... we'll see how the Garmin stands up. It should be here tomorrow. I'm so excited for it.

Comment

• A friend posts a pic of a little girl she babysits using the potty for the first time - which I think is mildly inappropriate since I don't think this child is her own child (I could be wrong), and all I see is the toilet brush on the floor next to the toilet... eww.

I blacked out the little girl's face... Edit - I completely cut the little girl out... I decided she wasn't a necessary part of the picture.

Picture0005.png

Correction - looking through this gal's photos, I think that is her daughter. We don't know each other well. We have mutual friends and we participated in a fundraiser held for her nephew, so she added me b/c of that.
                    Last edited by jenn26point2; 03-13-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Ok, got my run route mapped out for this weekend. 20 mile loop. All paved. HOWEVER, it's also all unprotected highway. SO, in Iowa, what that means is that it'll be 34 degrees and WINDY AS HELL with zero trees/fields to block the wind. And no where to hide if I have to go potty... I almost wish I was doing this on a treadmill... Man, the treadmill has spoiled me!

Here's my route: 20 mile loop in Durant, IA | MapMyFitness

Comment

• OMG I am so hungry today!! I can tell I had a long run last weekend! It's caught up. I just want to EAT! And, of course, I brought the standard quantity of food, so I'm out of snackies already. And the cafeteria is closed. Gonna have to hold out til I get home and grab an apple or something similar... but seriously! I AM HONGRY!!!

Comment

• Serioulsy, when the hell am I going to catch a break with this weather?!?! I'm all set to run 20 miles on Sunday and now it's going to be 32 and snowing! WTF!?!?! Tomorrow is supposed to be 52. I wish I could run tomorrow. Mom is watching my kids so I can run on Sunday. She might be working on Saturday. I hope not. I'd much rather run when it's warm.

This is starting to piss me right the hell off!

Whole30 day 10. Still feeling fat and bloated. Jeans feel tight today.

Donating blood this afternoon so I'm getting off work at 12. After the donation, I'm hoping to see Dr. Lake and then take the dog for a walk. Can't run so I'm going to walk to satisfy my Pact.

Still waiting on my Garmin VivoFit to arrive. The thing weighs less than a pound so FedEx wouldn't deliver it. Gotta wait til the USPS delivers. Supposedly that'll be Monday. Ordered a new fuel belt for running. This one is called a FlipBelt. Looks pretty cool. Amazon should be delivering it today. A girlfriend of mine who has run something like a million marathons uses this kind of belt and said it works very well. It holds a lot of stuff, I guess. It looked as if it would work, so I'm gonna give it a go.

Mom is able to watch the kids tomorrow and actually says tomorrow will be better b/c she'll have the other two grandchildren and will just send them out to play, so I'm going to take advantage of those 50 degree temps and run then. Kind of excited... gotta go map my route - decided not to run the circle route I posted previously. Brad was nervous about me being out in the middle of nowhere alone, and then I got nervous about it. We both wanted me to conceal carry, but I don't have proper equipment for that, so... I decided to change my route. Coming into work to run around the area instead.

Off to create a map. Have a good Friday, all.

Comment

• Re: hormones - Maybe look for a place that's exclusively women's health? Specifically midwives. I've found they tend to be more interested in holistic approaches.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• ^ agree - but I have by doubts about midwivery. I've known or heard of too many women getting into serious trouble while giving birth with a midwife instead of an OB.

This might sound kinda "out there" ............ but I think when it comes to hormones and body balance the old Chinese ways are the best. If my gut isn't significantly better after 90 on the SCD I'm going to the College of Chinese Medicine in Portland. Maybe they have a better way to fix my gut.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Good luck on the long run. I am amazed at your tenacity. I never loved running.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X