No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll do great, Jenn! Try to relax - cuz going in uptight won't help you think clearly.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Feeling those squats and deadlifts yesterday (probably more likely the squats given the regions that are sore). I love it. Shoulders feel a bit of soreness too, which I fully expected since my max weight OHP was 75 pounds previously and I started out at 45 yesterday. Looking forward to bringing strengthening back into my routine.

Gut has performed favorably over the last couple of days. Still have some issues, but motility is present, which is nice.

Had a yogurt this morning. It's got my stomach feeling less than awesome (this is that gut issue I mentioned above). I have one more container I plan to eat later today and then they're gone. I won't be buying more for a long while.

Going to be hooking up the dairy dishes over the next few days to get one last meal in (mostly for Brad's sake) before I start the Whole30 on Wednesday. Planning on Chicken Scampi at least. Probably going to do parmesan dijon pork chops tonight (note: need to stop by store and get some dijon mustard). Maybe the chicken cordon bleu casserole. It's good, but I think we're fine to go without it for a couple months, quite honestly. It's not one everyone pines over like the chicken scampi dish.

I really wish Brad would have stuck with Paleo... I know he's put all his weight back on, which saddens me b/c he worked very hard to lose it. But... just like everyone else's spouse, he has to make the decision on his own to change. He told me last night that today at work they're having an off-site planning meeting. He was in charge of arranging breakfast. He ordered biscuits and gravy. I ask what those who don't want B&G would eat... he said donuts... or fresh fruit... *sigh* He is far from reformed... I wish he would have asked for a rasher of bacon for everyone or boiled eggs or scrambled eggs or something for everyone... SO many carbs (and so much gluten) in the B&G... donuts... ugh. Fresh fruit? Ok, but still a HUGE carb hit, and an insulin spike in the making without a protein to offset it... he is in desperate need of help when it comes to meal planning. Someday he'll figure it out.

I'm excited for March 21. We're going to go see the Divergent movie. I'm so stoked! We hardly EVER go see movies (too danged expensive). It was his idea to go see it. I told him the basic story line and he's interested. I told him I thought he'd like the books (even though they're told from a girl's point of view) and he said it sounded like a good story and that we should make a date to go see the movie when it opens. Tickets go on sale soon, so I plan on getting them early as I expect it to sell out.

I'm rather apprehensive about my 20 miler this weekend. Not sure why I'm so worried about it when the 16 and 18 milers went just fine. I think the worry I have is my heel (sciatic related) and my right peroneal nerve. Both have been acting up recently (suspect dairy) and at this point, there's nothing I can do to make them better by Sunday - even if I don't consume any dairy over the next two days, it won't be a guarantee by Sunday. I guess I'll just dose up with some ibuprofen and hope for the best. I'm just REALLY nervous about it.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I wish you lived closer so we could go see Divergent together . I'll have to see if any local girl friends have read the book and want to go. Otherwise I'll treat myself!

I'm not sure Hulky would like it... He liked Hunger Games, and we saw the movie before reading the books IIRC. He liked the books too!

Good luck on your run! Take deep breaths . Worrying about it won't make it any better or worse.

You reminded me that we have a barbell. It's not very heavy, but it would be helpful for me to at least practice deadlift form with something other than the kettlebell .
        Depression Lies

Comment

• You'll be great - think only positive thoughts!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I agree with nameless & tomi. You'll ace it!! No worries!!!
            Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• As for Brad and the diet............ yup - going through the same issues with hubby. Doc wants him to lose weight and then go get his bloodwork done in a month. His way of dieting is to eat only 1 oreo cookie instead of 4.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hubbies!! Mine is much the same. While he could stand to lose 25 lbs or so he's not willing to make the changes. Last night he was complaining of his joints hurting...I told him I could probably help him with that. That a lot of his "issues" are probably diet related...which causes inflammation...he looked at me like I was nuts. lol. Whenever I am trying to lose weight I don't go into a lot of detail with him. So he knows nothing of paleo/primal, other than seeing whatever book I may be reading at the time. He would think it's just another fad diet I'm trying. He is a very big snacker. He likes me to bake goodies...or make dips & such or buy ice cream. Very hard to watch what i eat when I have to buy all that for him. I usually buy or make stuff I'm not fond of! His mother was a health nut when it wasn't cool to be one. They were never allowed to have sweets...unless on the rare occasion that she would bake something. Never boxed cereals...no chips, no snack things at all, no soft drinks. While that of course was good for them, I'm thinking he felt deprived. And she wasn't that good of a cook. She fried all their meats...& very seldom fixed vegi's. From the day we got married & he was away from her he ate what he wanted when he wanted! .

Yup...hubbies are quite the challenge!
                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Mine is trying to convince our son that eating til stuffed and eating nothing but garbage is a bad way to be (b/c you'll get fat and unhealthy) while doing the very same thing he's preaching not to do...

Comment

• Dudes... my boss is going to a sexual violence prevention seminar in April. The location is where I went for my first 4 years of college. He told me to get him registered and provide him with any necessary info he needs for the event. Can I just tell you how excited I was to compile the strip maps for him? Seriously, yo... I so want to go with him. I miss that campus so so so incredibly much. When I look back over my life, I often long for the time I spent at college. The campus was beautiful. The environment at the school was awesome. I resented my mom for years for sending me there (she sent me to keep me away from my boyfriend at the time) when I really wanted to go to a different university (I did for two semesters later and would still kill to get a degree from there), but I had some of my happiest times at that college. As much as I love my life now, I do honestly miss the fun and freedom I had there.

I really want to tag along!

I really want to run there... is that weird? lol

Comment

• Oh, and I ran 4 miles over lunch. It was great. No pain at all. Little nagging in the heel but I only noticed it for a moment. I was too busy jamming out to my playlist on rdio.com. I must have looked like an utter fool jamming out while running, belting out the songs silently, and attempting to dance while running. It was great. I've decided I need to download all those songs onto my iPod for the race. Just got to.

Comment

• Just did a catch up scan of your journal.
                        Wow! You are rocking it. I love the running. Looking forward to hearing the results of your race!
                        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                        height 5'3
                        SW 215 lbs
                        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                        LW 172 lbs
                        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Hi Val!

Tried to run yesterday. Less than a mile in the right peroneal nerve started to flare up and burned like a son of a bitch. I had to walk close to a mile before the pain would subside. I tried to run again after that, but the left sciatic flared. Since I have six weeks until the marathon, I decided to wait on the 20 miler. I mentioned on Facebook and MFP that I didn't run my 20 miler and would make it up and had a number of people tell me that since I've already done 18, I don't really need to do 20... but I think I want to do it anyway. Considering a route near where my mom lives to knock out the miles, but I don't know how long the stretch of highway is that I'm considering. It's low traffic enough to keep me from getting run over, but high enough traffic to keep me from being abducted. If my plans work out, the turn around point will be the State Patrol Headquarters. But I don't know/think that's a full 10 miles from my mom's house, so I'll have to map it to see.

The pain I had yesterday plus the eczema that is taking over my face are reason enough for me to commit to another Whole30. I am getting excited. This one won't be for weight loss - this will simply be to get me through marathon training and to get rid of the scales and flakes on my face (it's so embarrasing - why the hell couldn't I get eczema where it's not visible to the entire effing world???). In fact, I might even avoid the scale all together while doing this one. I haven't used the scale in probably a week, so why start now?

Sister is drawing up drama again. She posted on Facebook a status asking for parents' opinions on an 8 year old being required to do dishes and getting yelled at when he argues about doing them and then being placed in the corner when he refuses. Apparently this is what her exhusband's girlfriend did to Sister's son. A bunch of people said 8 is too young to do dishes. A bunch of people said 8 is an appropriate age to do dishes. A bunch of people said it's good for him and will help to bring him up right. I said that Mom had us washing dishes at 8 and rinsing at 6 (I washed at 8, she rinsed at 6), and if we argued or refused, we were NOT placed in the corner, but worse... My later responses might have looked like I was taking the exhusband's side, but in reality, I was just trying to help her see that what is happening isn't bad, that just b/c she doesn't agree with it doesn't mean they're doing anything wrong. Then our friend Amber chimed in - she's living in a blended household (two kids are hers, two kids are her fiance's) and said that his boys have just as much requirement to maintain the household as her boys and they get into just as much trouble as her boys if they refuse/argue and that there is no way in hell they were getting a free ride in her house simply b/c they were not her children. All four children are required to do chores (dishes, laundry, sweeping, trash, pet care, etc) and that she didn't think ex-husband/gf were doing anything wrong requiring Son to do dishes. She also told Sister not to get so defensive when people start giving opinions that she asked for simply b/c they don't agree with hers. I explained that Brady has chores too - he helps with dinner, helps with dishes, feeds dogs, lets dogs out, and has to pick up after himself. Sister responded with "well, apparently mine aren't doing enough at home, so when they get home from their dad's I will have Son go out and shovel the drive and make Daughter scrub the toilet". Are you effing kidding me? Don't be stupid... of course, I had to chirp back with "Brady helps shovel the driveway too. He loves it. He thinks it's fun. He even has his own shovel", which she wasn't all that happy about. It was about this time that she threw the "single mother" card and said that when we're all divorced single mothers, we'll have a better understanding of what she's saying... I called her out on the card throwing and she accused me of throwing the "I'm better than you" card... I simply replied with "The {explicative} I am. And if that's what you think, then screw you. If refusing to live my life in a negative cloud always believing I'm being victimized by someone is perceived as having a "holier than thou" attitude, then so {explicative} be it. You asked for our opinions. I gave mine. Just because you don't LIKE mine doesn't mean it's wrong or that I'm trying to trump you or any other garbage you might be perceiving. My kids do chores. There is nothing wrong with chores at 8. My 3 year old even has chores (setting the table, helping with laundry and feeding the cat)." I then reminded her that our friend Amber is ALSO a single mother who has TWO baby daddies (one was an oops in high school, one was with a guy she was going to marry and then decided better of) AND has to deal with new fiance's ex as well, so to say that she's alone in this battle or that her battle is any different than any other single mother experiences is just flat out bs and she needs to get over herself and that she's not as alone in this world as she thinks.

I'm sure I'm the bitch, and I'm sure I didn't score any brownie points with anyone who read the thread... but I don't care... Stepmom sent me a message later saying "so, have you pissed your sister off lately?" lol Stepmom didn't speak up during the discussion b/c at one point (I missed it) Sister told someone that their opinion didn't matter b/c they didn't have kids - which is crap. So, since Stepmom doesn't have any actual kids of her own (just Sister and me) she kept out of it. Stepmom reminded me of how hard Sister was on her stepkids when she was married to her exhusband (he had two boys from a previous marriage) and how she rode on them constantly about picking up after themselves, doing their chores, and used the same punishment tactics on them that exhusband's girlfriend uses on Son. But... as with my sister, her son is a "special flower" and needs special treatment and standard tactics will NOT be used as those are too harsh... The conversation died when our friend Dan responded that children should have to follow the rules of whatever house they're in (whether it's Mom's house, Dad's house, or babysitter's house) and that if chores are required, they will be done. He said "I am single and I am a parent, but I don't consider myself a single parent or her (his ex-wife) a single parent b/c we both play a role in the parenting of our child". Damn that man is wise. lol

My sister drives me nuts...

So, anyway... lol That's how my night was spent.

Man, this post is taking me all day to write! lol I started it at like 9 this morning. It's now almost 2!

Took my measurements for the start of the Whole30... oy... I've done some serious backsliding. Inches overall increased by more than 15 inches...

Tried to run over lunch... didn't make it a mile before the nerve started acting up again. *sigh*

Comment

• You sure have it bad with those nerve pains! Any idea whats causing them to flare up so much?
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Dairy is my suspicion. They're only there when I am not Whole30 - so I suppose it COULD be something else, but they came back on after my last whole30 when all I had reintroduced was dairy products. I reintroduced dairy on Wednesday evening and they were there on Friday during my run. That Friday night, I reintroduced all the other non-whole30 food items.

Comment

• I suppose that's good reason to cut the dairy. With your love of running I'm sure it will be easy to say no to something that is interfering with a good run
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X