No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasha, given your most recent journal post, you may wish to skip this entry.

I asked on Tasha journal, since she brought up the news, what ever came of the marathon bomber case. She said they were seeking the death penalty, so I decided to look into it and see what is being said. I'm more interested in hearing how he justified what he's done, but of course, on-going investigation, not released to public, blah blah blah.

I just read some articles that contest the death penalty. I decided to comment on my thoughts on it here, rather than in Tasha's journal, since she's trying to distance herself from the news... I probably shouldn't have even asked her, in hindsight. Sorry Tasha.

My thoughts on it: Given the heinous nature of his crime, if he's not sentenced to death, he'll have to be isolated in prison, or risk being killed by fellow prisoners. I'm more interested in seeing him suffer for what he's done - but also don't want the cost that comes with providing him with 3 hots and a cot and cable tv as well as free health care for the rest of his natural life. I say we zap him. I say we zap him publicly - in the most heinously inhumane way possible.

Lethal injection without the paralyzing solution first - so he feels the pain.
    Electric chair with more voltage than is needed to power NYC, but low on ohms so he doesn't die immediately. Let him feel it.
    Firing squad with 30 guns - 29 that contain mostly blanks so he has to suffer through the anxiety with every pull of the trigger.
    Inject him with cancer cells, feed them sugar so they get hyper and overpopulate, then let it eat away at his body...
    OOoohhh... or we could give him the flesh eating bacteria... hmmm... that sounds cheaper still!!

He's a terrorist bomber... He's linked with the same pukes that think if he "dies for his cause" he'll get 21 virgins (or some shit like that). He WANTS to die to get what's "coming to him". Why should we give it to him painlessly? He caused unexplainable, inexcusable pain to so many people. On a personal level, he has brought terror to MY world. I live hundreds of miles from Boston. I'll never run the Boston Marathon (I'm just too slow)... but as a result of his actions, we have BOMB SQUAD officers at our small local races! He is inflicting fear across the nation...

Therefore, I think the punishment should fit the crime - an eye for an eye... And THIS, my friends, is why I will never be selected for a jury...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• It's so stupid that I can submit child care costs to my Flex Spending Account, but it won't cover anti-itch cream without a prescription. Fracking stooopid...

Comment

• I have to agree with you on the bomber. But my opinion is this............. put him in prison with the general population and give him absolutely NO protection from the other inmates. Tell them they can do whatever they want with him - but DON'T kill him! Let him feel what real terror is! I'm sure he'd turn into a whimpering little ass very quickly! Maybe that would send a message to all terrorist who think attacking us "infidels" will make them hero's and win them their 21 virgins in the afterlife!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I agree with you Jenn!!!! And I thought it was 72 virgins, altho it really doesn't matter. lol. And that's all I'll say about all this.
          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Yes - I do believe it is 72 virgins. How bout we just let him be a virgin to 72 big mean inmates for the rest of his natural life???
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, I think I like your idea even better!!!

Comment

• I should be judge and jury for these dirt balls!
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                  Yes - I do believe it is 72 virgins. How bout we just let him be a virgin to 72 big mean inmates for the rest of his natural life???
                  Oh yessssss! This!!!!
                  Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I honestly believe the people who do that should have an extraordinarily simple yet devious punishment: Death by a 1000 cuts. If he wanted to kill people with shrapnel and make them suffer, make his death worse. Every death, injury, and case of mental triggering caused by him is 100 cuts. He'd be flayed alive, have no skin left, and slowly die of blood loss. VERY slowly. Dip the knives in HCl first for maximum effect.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I thought about blood loss as a punishment too, but figured he'd just fall asleep after a point and not wake up, which really didn't seem fitting. I like the hcl affect.

Comment

• A timely post share by a friend. Not sure if she's stalking me here or not... but it was really really timely... almost too timely... *shifters* lol

http://keybiotics.com/video_toon.php

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                          Yes - I do believe it is 72 virgins. How bout we just let him be a virgin to 72 big mean inmates for the rest of his natural life???
                          Would it be possible to get a list of the crimes where gang rape is an acceptable form of punishment? I'm pretty sure that is not what the founders had in mind when crafting our form of government (see the 8th amendment) but I am always interested in the evolving views of these matters. Thanks.

Comment

• Well, I'm going to Bataan by myself. My friend Wendy can't go now. I'm really bummed about this. She had some unexpected expenses come up and can't afford to fly out now. I can understand that... been there, done that... but now the question is, do I want to go badly enough to go solo? Another gal I know is going, but she's also going as a member of a group and I don't want to crash the party, ya know?

Comment

• I have decided I am going to incorporate greek yogurt into my routine for a while. And I think I'm going to go back to the GAPS food list. Since bringing sweet potatoes and rice back, the digestion has all but stopped - depsite hte use of the probiotic. Lots of gas build-up, bloating and the like, but no favorable activity... hoping some yogurt will help as well. I was looking back over the last couple of years and things started to slow down about the time I stopped eating yogurt. Might just be a coincidence, but I'm going to try it. So I'll be picking up some Chobani this weekend. Hopefully I can find 4% fat or higher... doubtful, though.

Brad and I are going out for dinner tonight. Texas Roadhouse. mmmm... I'm going to avoid the glutenzzzz, but everything else is fair game.

After finding out Wendy's not going to Bataan, I'm almost considering backing out myself... and finding a marathon closer to home... but since Anna is still going, I'll probably still go - though I don't really want to now. I was really looking forward to hanging out with Wendy.

Comment

• I am considering bowing out of the Bataan race. Unless Brad wants to go with me, I'm probably going to bow out and find a race closer to home. There's a marathon in April in Champaign, Illinois and one in Rochester, Minnesota in May. That'll give me 4-8 more weeks to train too... *sigh* I don't know what I want to do.

Bataan would be cool... I mean, to simply say I had done Bataan would be freaking awesome, but the only people who recognize it are military... non-military have no idea what it is. So, as far as the real world is concerned, who cares? A marathon is a marathon - there's no distinguishing the difficulty or "importance" if no one knows what the race is...

I'm gonna talk to Brad about it. I have plenty of time to decide, really.

Pros:
                                Save the flight money - roughly $300-$400
                                Miss out on very difficult race
                                Don't have to travel alone, stay alone, be bored alone
                                Don't have to miss my family
                                There are a ton of races I can do instead
                                Could just wait to do a marathon in later years like originally planned and strength train instead

Cons:
                                Miss the race
                                Lose out on $100 race entry fee
                                Miss out on awesome medals
                                Miss out on very difficult race
                                Lose out on unrecognizable bragging rights

Comment

Working...
                                X