No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh... there is nothing I have found to be more nerve wracking than filling out an application for government employment... there are so many steps and so many opportunities to add more documents that I always fear I'm forgetting something - especially after I forgot my SF-50 that one time... *sigh*

I don't think I have ever hoped more that I could land a specific job... The anxiety of it all is making me sick. I really hope I'm what they're looking for.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Happy thoughts!! Good luck, Jenn!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Instead of hoping, just TELL yourself you're getting this job.

I am getting this job by Monday.

Over the top positive affirmations help me immensely.

Hoping and wishing is for the birds.

Use words of power that may make you feeeeeel very self centered, but they work!

Julia

p.s. you WILL get this job. you will.

Comment

• Good luck girl!!! Sending out good vibes to the universe for you!!
          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Thanks ladies.

Today is day...um... I don't remember... 8? of the GAPS diet. One thing I have notice is that it is definitely increasing the frequency of bathroom trips. However, the symptoms that bother me the most are still present - and more intense today. I got confirmation that the Prescript Assist will be here tomorrow. I cannot wait. I hope it does the trick.

What has me concerned is what caused this. I haven't taken any antibiotics in well over a year - maybe even two years. I eat Paleo - for the most part. I did go way off road over the holidays, but have been strictly Whole30 since. I don't recall these symptoms when I was eating the SAD. Why now that I'm eating "REAL" food? Am I forever forbidden to eat sweet potatoes and white potatoes b/c of this?

Additionally, I wonder if HSA or Flex spending will cover these types of supplements. I mean, most doctors recommend vitamins and probiotics... and it'll cover contact solution, so why not probiotics and vitamins? Eh... I just checked. They're covered, but only when prescribed by a medical professional... that stinks. I was hoping I could get future bottles of PA "for free". Oh well.

Got our federal and state taxes filed.. then got a 1099-Misc from the FSA manager for $18.50 in unsubstantiated claims - one was a chiropractic appointment for $3.50 and the other was a payment of $15 to a hospital in Rock Island - which I think was actually from the psychiatrist I used to see - but haven't seen since 2012... Trying to round up receipts so I can submit them and not have to claim that $18.50. It'll cost more to amend my taxes, and that amount won't affect our refund, so it seems a waste to even consider it. Easier to call offices and collect receipts. I see already for 2014 (by looking at our FSA account online) that EVERY single chiro appointment we've had this year has to substantiated with a receipt... *sigh* seriously?? That's so effing stupid. It clearly states on the screen that the type of service is "medical"... It seems f*cking stupid to have to collect receipts for these appointments when the FSA company is coding them as "medical" doesn't it?

Anyhow... I'll quit complaining now. I think I'll take a walk away from the desk. Try to rack up some steps. I've only logged 2,000 steps. Yikes! Better get moving.

Comment

• The year and a half (because I signed on mid-year when I was hired and then did the following year) that I had an FSA, I had to submit every goddamn receipt. It was a pain, but they finally started accepting scanned receipts instead of me having to fax everything. I feel last bad scanning & emailing a document to myself at work than using the work's fax machine!
              Depression Lies

Comment

• I still have to fax them... but they don't tend to squawk about people using the fax machine for sending in medical receipts around here. It's more hassle of having to round up receipts for year old crap.

Comment

• BTW, I never asked, where are you getting your GAPS info from? Curious about what you're eating, what your approach is etc.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• I got the food list here. I haven't read the book or the website. Right now I'm just focusing on the foods and not the whole how to part... Not even sure if there is a how to part... just eating off the food list, which contained a lot of foods I thought would be off limits - like fruit - given their sugar content.

Comment

• Wow... just realized I am totally NOT following the GAPS diet at all - just eating from the full GAPS food list... I wouldn't be able to do the full blown GAPS protocol while marathon training, so since *MY* method seems to be moving the digestive tract quite easily, I don't see the need to change it. Hopefully adding the probiotic will make the rest of the symptoms go away. The bloating and itching are the worst.

Yeah... so not interested in that kind of restriction... *fingers crossed again*

Comment

• Ummm...IIRC you said the itching was not vaginal. Could it be hemorrhoids? Sometimes they itch and/or hurt.

Yeah, there's an intro diet, but I think that if somebody's gut is not too off track, you can skip the stages and just focus on the GAPS-friendly foods. Same with the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (they are super similar).
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• All this talk about budgeting makes me REALLY want this job... Like really really really want it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                            All this talk about budgeting makes me REALLY want this job... Like really really really want it.
                            Good luck!

Comment

• Sending you positive vibes.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Sending happy thoughts and positivity.
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X