No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...my mil refuses all medications because of the side effects!! (She has a book she "consults" constantly...). What about the side effects of NOT taking it? I'm not a big fan of some meds either...but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do!! She is extremely stubborn & hard headed. Maybe I should suggest some medical pot??!! LOL. She'd have a fit!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• It's such a joy having a clean and picked up house. Those are animals on my floors...

1391277991363.jpg

1391278010427.jpg

1391278020162.jpg
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Better shot of the living room since there is so much light coming in the windows today.

1391278142140.jpg

Comment

• And since I'm in a sharing mood, here's a pic of my sweet daughter.

1391278453791.jpg

Comment

• Great pictures!! Especially the one of your precious little girl! Isn't it a great feeling to have everything so neat & tidy! Your house looks great! You could put 2 of my houses in yours!! You have soooo much room!!! I have the tiniest doublewide made. Wouldn't have been my choice but it was already on the property & all bil & sil could afford when they moved out here in 2000. Oh well...at least we have a roof over our heads!!! And another year & half & it's paid for!! Woo hoo!

Anyways!! Congrats on making such good progress in the housecleaning dept!! Yay!

Comment

• Geez. You could have at least picked up the animals before inviting us over.

Beautiful, clean home. Congrats.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Donna, it's only 28 foot wide... we had a double wide before this - same width. I think it just looks wide b/c Brad won't let me arrange the furniture the way I want to - everything has to be around the perimeter to keep him happy.

Paula, if I'd had you over for realz, the dogs would have been locked in the bedroom. The one likes to crowd people looking for attention and the other tends to growl at people - especially if they also have a male dog.

Hey, this is my 7000th post. lol

Comment

• 16 mile run on the treadmill was good and bad at the same time. It was kind of annoying to be stuck on a treadmill, but it wasn't a complete ball of suck b/c I watched HGTV the whole time. HGTV entertained me well. My feet are tired. Not sore, just tired. Ready for bed. I still have to unload the dishwasher and wipe down the sinks. I won't let a 16 mile training run keep me from my housekeeping goals.

Total run time was 3:17:20. Glad it's over. Next week, 12 miles. Then an 18 miler the following weekend. I was told that b/c I did the 16 on the treadmill, the rest should be easy... we'll see.

Comment

• Congrats on the 16 miler!

Curious: when you run on a treadmill, do you keep a constant pace the whole time or change it up?
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• When I run short, I increase the pace as I go. I'll run the first mile at 5.6 mph, 2nd mile at 5.8, 3rd at 6.0 (10 minute mile), and the last I will constantly increase by 0.2 mph every 0.1 of a mile (so at 3.1 miles, I increase to 6.2 mph, and so on).

When I run long, I take walk breaks. Yesterday started with a 0.1 mile walk break at 3.0 mph every time I reached a new mile. Then I switched it to every half mile. My overall run speed stayed at either 5.6 or 5.8 mph until the last mile, where I again started bumping the pace up a bit every so often. I ended the run at 6.5 mph. When I run outside, I don't know how fast I'm going. I have an idea, but it changes with every step.

Yesterday's run netted over 35,000 steps for the day. Pretty freaking awesome.

Today's weight: 180. I wonder how much of that 2 lbs loss I'll gain back as I eat back some of those lost calories over the next couple of days. Hopefully none. Yesterday I netted a 100% calorie deficit. I burned 2500 calories "extra" yesterday by running, and only ate something like 2400 calories. So far today, I'm thinking about food, but not really hungry. More interested in snacking or eating something sweet. I fell in love with larabars all over again yesterday. I have decided they will be my whole30 compliant mid-race fuel. I just have to figure out how I'm going to carry enough bars with me comfortably... my waist pack barely holds my phone. maybe I'll get a fanny pack of sorts and wear that too. I found one at a sporting goods store nearby but didn't want to pay what they wanted. Maybe eBay will have a good price. eBay is getting expensive anymore. Most things I find are going for full price. Annoying.

Day 7 of GAPS, which essentially means 7 days following Whole30 but not eating sweet potatoes. Minor symptoms today, but the symptoms were pretty intense yesterday evening. Planning to use the gift card I earned doing surveys to fund part of the Prescript Assist... putting the rest on the credit card. What I've read pretty much says it's going to be my answer/saving grace... worth a shot, I guess.

I have some work to do, so I better get off the social media outlets and get something done. February employee birthday cards are due.

Comment

• 3 mile run on the treadmill today. Recovery run. It wasn't too bad. And I don't feel too bad either. I feel really good actually, considering the 19 miles I've run in two days - virtually no pain at all - no DOMS, no soreness, no tiredness... nothing. It's amazing to me how quickly the body can adapt and adjust to crazy demands.

Something's happening with my gut. More frequent BM than usual, which is welcomed, really. Ordered the Prescript Assist from Amazon. Got it discounted b/c I had gift card money left.

Staring at a Larabar... trying to will myself to NOT eat it. They are so damned yummy! The one I ate after lunch was called Cashew Cookie. It was dates and cashews. Nothing else. The one that's staring me down is Apple Pie. Dates, almonds, unsweetened apples, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon. I can see it with the corner of my eye - it's taunting me. I read something somewhere that the number of dates used to make those things is more than a person needs, despite the packaging indicating that one bar is a 1/2 cup serving of fruit. Whatever it is, they're freaking good and I can't wait to stock up on them for the rest of my marathon training.

Brad didn't lose any weight last week and he's bummed. I lost 2 pounds but I think it's more related to the run yesterday than anything. I can't help but wonder if Brad using his sleep machine has anything to do with the lack of weight loss. Maybe since he's getting better sleep, his body is in adjust mode or something. In any event, it's got him bothered. And that bothers me. I wish I knew how to explain that frustration away.

Comment

• I have a friend who had a fight with her boyfriend. He later shot himself. He has a young daughter Brady's age. I'm trying to convince her that their breakup isn't the reason he did this. I am trying to explain to her that someone who takes their own life has something darker taking place way deeper than she could ever reach. I tried to explain to her that if his little girl wasn't enough to pull him back from the edge, there was no way she was going to be able to prevent this and that she did all she could to love him and be there for him. His family blames her and won't let her attend the funeral. She's crushed and destroyed and I don't know how to help her.

It doesn't help at all that she's in Southern Missouri and I'm in Iowa. My heart breaks for her.

I did my best. This is what I said: (we were talking about her son)

I'm not sure how to get through this, but please know that no matter what happened between you and Darin or what damage has been done to your relationship with his family by his actions, your little boy loves you no matter what. You're an amazing mom. You're a kind and sweet person. You have a heart of gold. He didn't do this because of you. He did this because he couldn't escape his own feelings. I know some day you'll see that. It will probably take a long time, and you have a long road of healing ahead of you. But I know you're strong enough to get through all this and see yourself through to the other side. You're a fighter and a go-getter. As much as you hurt right now, the hurt will eventually lessen and you'll forgive yourself. If Darin is the man you say he is, he wouldn't want you to harbor this guilt.

Ugh... this sucks. I'm sure I'm saying all the things you never say to someone who lost a loved one like this.
                          Last edited by jenn26point2; 02-03-2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Poor thing! What a thing to have to deal with. And shame on his family. They are just trying to blame someone, but they are wrong in not letting her go to the funeral. She is already carrying enough guilt without them adding to it. She is the mother of his child! You were right in what you said. That's about all you can do.

My sil ( the one I like) went thru the pain & guilt of her brother shooting himself a couple of years ago. He had a little girl that he loved to death. But it wasn't enough to battle whatever dark place he was in. She tried to help him...& then she felt guilty that it wasn't enough. She got thru it...but the pain of him doing that is still with her. Tell your friend that it get does easier with time& it will help her immensely if she can talk to someone. My sil & her sil & little girl eventually went to a psychiatrist a few times. They all needed some help dealing with it...especially the little girl...she was only 5 when he died. My heart goes out to your friend & she has a good friend in you.

(((Hugs)))

Comment

• She's not the mother of his child... he had a child with someone else. She has a son with her ex-husband. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I just wish I could give her a hug.

Comment

• Applying for a budget analyst job today. I'm hoping I can get an interview. I'd really like this job. It's entry level. It's my hope that b/c it's entry level, it won't get a huge docket of applications. It's only open to people currently working in the federal system, within a 50 mile radius, and it's entry level. *fingers crossed*

I'm nervous and excited.... I really really really hope this one pans out.
                                Last edited by jenn26point2; 02-04-2014, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X