No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad hit 24 pounds today... and he got a new CPAP machine... better sleep, healthy diet... I expect more amazing weight losses from this man.

I am still stuck at 184... what. the. frack.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• We're tied again, Jenn Come on.......... lets hit 180!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Wow. Great news for Brad! Hang in there. Yours will come.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• WOOOOO! I broke 184... 183 on the scale this morning. *eyeroll*

Brad and I bought a new scale. The scale we had bounces around. He'll step on it and get one number. Then step off and on again and get a different number. He usually repeats this until the same number hits twice then considers that his weight. I used to do the same until I got fed up and frustrated with it and just went with whatever it told me the first time.

Anyhow, he was certain our scale was junk, so we bought a new one. This one does the same thing for him. Not me, but it definitely does for him. Except, it's bouncing at WAY lower numbers than our old one. For instance, the old one was hitting at 331, 324, 328, etc (first thing in the morning). This one started at 318, hit again at 315, then 312, then 305, then 307 (at the end of the day). So, now he's confused and has no idea what is going on.

My assumption is that despite the scale's claim that it is accurate up to 400 lbs, it's not. Additionally, maybe the other one was so inaccurate at weights over 300 that it was judging him higher. So the question is whether or not we adjust his starting weight to be 24 lbs higher than the new scale's weight or what.

My vote is that we continue with the old scale til the end of the month to at least show a more consistent downward trend, and then once the month is over, incorporate the new scale into his routine. It is reassuring to think that our old scale measured him higher than he really is (we've had said scale since before I got pregnant with Brady and he's 7 now, so roughly 8 years?) and he's closer to 300 than he thought, which gives him less weight to lose to reach 250 like he hopes. But it's mildly confusing to someone like him who doesn't know what to think about his current weight and weight loss success. I think I'm going to recommend that he do his final whole30 weigh in on the old scale to get a true picture of what he lost overall, and then start using the new scale after that to continue tracking his success.

Yesterday I played hookie from work. Brad flexed the day knowing he's scheduled to work this weekend, and the kids had a snow day, so we all stayed home and just hung out. I did some deep cleaning - dust and grease build-up removal from the tops of the cabinets in the kitchen. It took me about an hour to get them all cleaned off. They hadn't been done since we have lived there - just shy of 7 years. So, I did that. Then I did a bunch of laundry - folding 3 loads. All the laundry is caught up now. And the house still looks great from that week I took off to purge toys and organize. I'm pretty proud of the fact that there's only one week left of January and I've kept it so clean this long.

Anyhow, another thing we took care of yesterday was getting Brad a new CPAP machine. His was 8 years old at a minimum (also got that before I got pregnant with Brady). Somehow we managed to lose the cord to is machine (he stopped using it after the kids were born b/c he didn't want the mask to freak them out. So, we dug around at the house and found some cords to things that might work. We plugged one of them into the machine and then into the wall and it immediately blew the transformer in the CPAP machine... Oops. Time for a new machine. lol Luckily, he has new insurance that didn't buy the previous machine, and given it's 8 years old, he was eligible for an upgrade (I guess you can upgrade every 5 years b/c technology improves, etc). So, we got him a new machine yesterday too. He was reading through the literature that came with the machine and it says that using a CPAP will improve weight loss efforts, so he's pretty excited. I'm VERY excited to see how he does.

I'm so very glad he's looking at his health and weight/body composition. So very glad. It'll help him so much in the long run - energy, longevity, health, physical ability, etc... but I also think it'll help his self-esteem and inevitably our sex life. He's got a tremendous amount of muscle on his body that you can't see b/c it's hidden under the layers of fat. I can't wait til it starts to reappear. I love a muscular man!

I don't know that Brad's and my visions for his end point are the same, but hopefully as he gets to widdling his weight down, his vision will change and we'll be on similar pages. I would LOVE to see him lose the weight and then start working on his physique. I'd love love love to have a hard bodied husband... does that make me vain? Shallow? I guess I don't see why it would... why wouldn't I want to see a sexy hunk of man ham approach me from across the bedroom? I love a fit and muscular man... So I guess if that makes me vain or shallow, so be it... I like what I like. He doesn't have to have six-pack abs or anything like that. But strong arm definition and a strong looking back and neck will drive me wild... maybe once he gets closer to his goal weight I'll share that little fantasy with him - maybe it'll entice him to hit the gym.

Anyhow, I should stop drooling over what I hope my husband becomes and change the subject...

I have started experiencing candida overgrowth symptoms again... Thought about calling the doctor for a double Rx of Diflucan again to get a jump start on killing it off, but I read on a blog yesterday that even if I do that, I'm still going to have to make the dietary changes to make sure it doesn't come back... so looking at GAPS. While it looks restrictive, they provide a distinct list of foods that are ok to eat and those that are not ok to eat, which should make it easy - just shop off the "Ok" list. And I think it'll fit well within the confines of Whole30 since I plan to continue down that path til the end of March. Some of these symptoms are VERY uncomfortable and I don't want to deal with them anymore. I also need to get a good probiotic, but not knowing what pros to consume makes it hard to choose a good one. I looked at Prescript Assist but that is ENTIRELY too damned expensive. No freaking way. Wondering if I can combine a couple of the Jarrow formulas to kind of make my own blend. Will be researching that for a couple of days - GAPS and probiotics.

With that, time to peruse the journals. I hope everyone's having a good Tuesday.

Comment

• Yes, stay with the old scale until the end of the month.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Perhaps a waist measurement for Brad would be helpful as well?
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Store bought scales aren't really set up to weigh accurately above 250 IMO. Doctors offices will normally give a free weigh in once a week. If your doctor is in a convenient location he could just pop in there a couple times a month to get an accurate number.

Nice job on the house cleaning and keeping! I know that's been a goal of yours for a long time! You deserve confetti and streamers for the job well done!!! Just not in your newly cleaned house!

You sure seem to get that dang Candida a lot............ yuck! I've never had a yeast infection in my life so I can't even say I can commiserate with you Hope you get a handle on it before it gets too bad. Maybe you should try the suggestion in Tasha's journal?
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Jenn,

Definitely try moving the scales (both of them) to different rooms and trying them to see
                  what you get.

Sometimes even the slightest imperfection in the floor or flooring (tile, linoleum, wood)
                  makes the scale come up with buncha different weights.

One time one of my kids' foam letters got stuck under one of the feet of my scale in the
                  bathroom. When I got on, it said I weighed 105. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fun to see, but
                  definitely a lie. Tee hee.

Anyway, that was just a little anecdote, but the flooring in my bathroom is stupid HUGE
                  ugly ass tiles, and I have to maneuver the scale JUST RIGHT, so all four feet are hitting
                  perfectly, or I get 500 different weights.

The best place for weighing? MY GARAGE. Super flat, super hard and no indiscretions in
                  weight there. But yeah, me thinks I'm not going to be weighing nakey in the garage, heh.

Anyway, give it a try. Maybe you and Brad go from room to room one morning and see what happens
                  with each.

Julia

Comment

• One thing I read recently about Prescript Assist is that part of why its so effective is the soil-based organisms in it. If you take it regularly for a week, then irregularly from that point on, it helps trick up your gut so that you don't get too adapted. In addition to getting probiotics through food, this can help your gut get populated with the right bacteria. I kind of imagine it's like changing up your workouts so your body doesn't get used to a routine. Doing this would make the PA last longer and be more cost effective.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Sorry Jenn --- I didn't read your last entry closely enough........ *embarrassed*
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                        Store bought scales aren't really set up to weigh accurately above 250 IMO. Doctors offices will normally give a free weigh in once a week. If your doctor is in a convenient location he could just pop in there a couple times a month to get an accurate number.

Nice job on the house cleaning and keeping! I know that's been a goal of yours for a long time! You deserve confetti and streamers for the job well done!!! Just not in your newly cleaned house!

You sure seem to get that dang Candida a lot............ yuck! I've never had a yeast infection in my life so I can't even say I can commiserate with you Hope you get a handle on it before it gets too bad. Maybe you should try the suggestion in Tasha's journal?
                        I don't have the traditional "yeast infection". This is intestinal, not vaginal. And it's only the second time I've experienced it. The first time, I talked to my DO and she gave me a double Rx for Diflucan, which did wonders... but after reading the blog, I realized I erred by going back to similar eating - high fruit, blah blah blah...

Ref: confetti - don't you DARE toss confetti in my house. lol I'm starting to get a bit obsessive about it, which I suppose is just as bad as being so overwhelmed by it that I can't start... but seriously, I don't sit much at night anymore. I'm always trying to get things done - living room gets picked up and cleared every night, sinks get scrubbed and windexed (they sparkle after windex!!), stove and counters get the same treatment - Lysol kitchen cleaner then windex. Maybe it's not obsessive so much as consistent, but now that it's clean, I want to keep it that way.

Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                        Jenn,

Definitely try moving the scales (both of them) to different rooms and trying them to see
                        what you get.

Sometimes even the slightest imperfection in the floor or flooring (tile, linoleum, wood)
                        makes the scale come up with buncha different weights.

One time one of my kids' foam letters got stuck under one of the feet of my scale in the
                        bathroom. When I got on, it said I weighed 105. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fun to see, but
                        definitely a lie. Tee hee.

The best place for weighing? MY GARAGE. Super flat, super hard and no indiscretions in
                        weight there. But yeah, me thinks I'm not going to be weighing nakey in the garage, heh.
                        I keep our scale in the same spot all the time too. We have laminant flooring so I'd assume it would be uniform, but I suppose it's entirely possible that it's not. Garage floor? Yeah, probably the best - or our basement... but I'm with you. No way I'm walking nakey through my house to the basement or garage to weigh in. lol And 105 lbs... wouldn't THAT be nice? lol

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        One thing I read recently about Prescript Assist is that part of why its so effective is the soil-based organisms in it. If you take it regularly for a week, then irregularly from that point on, it helps trick up your gut so that you don't get too adapted. In addition to getting probiotics through food, this can help your gut get populated with the right bacteria. I kind of imagine it's like changing up your workouts so your body doesn't get used to a routine. Doing this would make the PA last longer and be more cost effective.
                        I've looked at other soil-based probiotics, but they don't have the same make up as PA. I thought about taking it every day (1 x per day) to start and then ever other day after a while. A blog I read here said it's not necessary every day. I'd be willing to give it a shot, I guess. And then take some Jarrow to feed it like she did. Amazon has it at a slightly better price than anywhere else I've looked at it so I might get a small bottle and see what happens.

Comment

• I ordered mine from LL's Magnetic Clay Detox Baths

Paid $50 per bottle plus $9.40 shipping.

Its spending - but in my case well worth the cost if it helps my tummy troubles!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I can get it on Amazon cheaper than that, with free shipping. If I get it, I'll get it from Amazon. It's $69 for 90 capsules. Plus free shipping - which is 2nd day delivery by FedEx... Order on Monday, have by Wednesday.

So, I went to the bathroom earlier and discovered I have blood in my urine, but zero pain associated with it... dropped a note to my DO to see what her thoughts are on it. Seems odd that I'd be bleeding and not have pain. I'll monitor it today and if it's still there tomorrow, will make an appointment to see her. Everything I've read online says that I should be experiencing pain... but maybe it's still early and that's why I've not felt pain yet... it also says not to be overly concerned, but don't ignore it either. Could be a bladder infection, urinary tract infection, kidney infection or kidney stones... I hear stones are excruciating... I hope it's not stones... Hopefully it's just a mild infection, but this is so weird for me. I've had bladder infections and UTIs before, and the only symptom was pain, not blood... so I'm a bit thrown. Also a bit bummed... so much for my goal of once again not meeting my insurance deductible for the year... :-/

Brad used the large industrial scales at work today. He said that with clothes, work boots, and all the gear he wears while at work, he registered at 341, so he thinks the new scale is garbage and wants me to return it. He'll continue on with our current, flighty scale.

However, I liked what the new scale gave me for a weight this morning... It only showed 1 pound difference, unlike Brad's 20-30 lbs difference. So, the scale will be going back since there's apparently nothing wrong with the one we currently have. I will however, be thinking about investing in one that also does body fat readings. He didn't want one of those right now - said he only wanted to focus on one number for the time being. I can understand that. It's too easy to get wrapped up in all the numbers and minute changes.

Comment

• I don't think a scale that registers body fat percentage is wise. I think measuring the waist might be better, but that's just me.

Body Fat Scales: Do They Really Work? / Fitness
                              If you use one, it's best only for trends and not for the actual # because it's inaccurate. It's not something I would want to introduce to someone without them understanding that concept. Personally, I don't see why it would be helpful if you can already track trends w/ weight & measurement.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• For me, it's another number, another stat. I like stats... I also like measurements. I wish we'd taken measurements before we started, but we didn't. How silly...

Comment

Working...
                                X