No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe the minions in the office weren't told there was a fast approaching deadline?
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• If they are told they can use it as a quick sale! "REFI NOW! This interest rate expires next week!" Why wouldn't they tell them? If people don't know it has a short life, they'll procrastinate and not move their loans in time, then after it expires might not move the loans at all if there's no awesome incentive like a 2% lower rate.

In any event, she says based off of Brad's refi application from November, she thinks she can get us a really good rate without the promo... we'll see. 4th payment on the car gets made tomorrow. Not sure how long I have to wait after that to refi so I have a call into the finance guy at the dealership to inquire.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• So I told Brad today that I thought we should use our tax refund to take a family vacation. He said "I had a different idea". I asked what that idea was, and he said he thought we should use it to pay off a credit card (seriously??). I told him ok and then told him about that loan that is very close to our tax refund amount and that if we applied our tax refund to it, we'd get it paid off by November. He liked that idea. We discussed other things we could apply it to, but this loan has the largest payment and the highest interest, so it's a no brainer. Bye bye Veridian Credit Union loan!

My sister's going to be pissed b/c we're not going to get even close to having enough money saved up for Disney this winter... but oh well. We can always wait another year. Or find a non-racing weekend and go during the summer. Brad expressed that he doesn't want to go to Disney, but I seriously think that if he went, he'd have a good time. I will drag him to Disney someday.

So, one of my resolutions this year was to become better at housekeeping. I marathon cleaned over the New Year's holiday and the weekend following in preparation for Brady's birthday party. I am pleased to say the house is still clean. I cleaned up the kitchen tonight and swept the floor in the dining room and kitchen, and then picked up the living room. Tomorrow I'll do some more laundry and straighten our bedroom. I'm very pleased that I've kept it up this long.

All that caused me to notice something I hadn't noticed before. I'm watching reruns of Friends and Monica and Rachel's apartment is sooooo cluttered! Their kitchen is filled to the brim with stuff... And none of the cabinets have doors. That would drive me absolutely nuts... I like the clean feeling that comes with cabinet doors and I like a sparsely furnished kitchen. I have one appliance on my counter - my food processor - and that's only there b/c it's serving as a book end for my paleo cookbooks. lol Once I get some bookends I like, the food processor will find a home in one of the cabinets.

Anyhow, just something random I noticed tonight. lol

Day 12 of the whole30 done. I'm ready to be done with it. It's no problem to cook whole30 for me b/c I'm a fan of veggies and I don't get bored with food easily. Brad, on the other hand, does not like many veggies, and he gets bored very easily. Having such a limited list of food options for him is a pain in the ass b/c he shortens it even more by not liking so many veggies. He doesn't like sweet potatoes or any squash (except zucchini - but he doesn't seem to like it in any fashion that is Whole30 compliant). He's not a fan of green veggies so I had to all but order him to eat broccoli tonight, and even then he would only eat two florets. He's seriously worse than feeding a toddler - even my first grader will eat broccoli!

Anyhow, doing Whole30 with my husband is a pain... but, I'm pretty certain he's keto right now, which is a good thing given his size. Should allow him to drop weight fast.

OH! I almost forgot. I sold my new armband today. New monitor coming my way! Just trying to decide if I want the Fitbit Flex or the Jawbone UP. Reviews on Jawbone are pretty low - lots of complaints about customer service issues and faulty devices. Fitbit Force seems pretty cool, but it's not waterproof (or water resistant), which will require taking it on and off every day, which I have read has caused some of the bands to break, which is a bad deal b/c the band IS the device, so if the band breaks, you have to buy a new device. Fitbit Force also has been found to cause rashes/burns on some people according to the news. Fitbit Flex is water resistant to 10 meters, so I can wear it in the shower or pool. The band is interchangable and I hear the customer service rocks. Someone else told me to get a Polar Loop b/c it's 100% water proof and very very accurate, but... it doesn't talk to Gym-Pact and that is one of the things I'm looking for - something that talks to Gym-Pact.

Ps, if you need motivation to go to the gym, download gym-pact. You pledge to do a certain number of workouts per week and if you fail, you pony up some money (whatever amount you pledge). If you go every time you said you would, you get paid by all those who failed to meet their goals. I pledged to workout 3x per week at $10 per missed workout. I've done this for two weeks and I've made $2.10 just for working out. I know it's not much, but seriously, who gets PAID to workout? lol Between this and my surveys and the focus group I'm a part of, I'm bringing in a lot of Amazon cash. It's a slow process, but for such a small amount of time spent on the surveys and stuff, it's building up. ANYWAY... just throwing the info about gym-pact out there in case anyone's interested.

Comment

• Maybe there is a cheaper/closer vacation option you guys could look into to tide you over?

Nice work with the housework stuff. I really need to get some shelving units to complete my cleaning spree, but I'm making good progress on my big winter tidy-up.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• man, i hear you about disney

my father lives 20 minutes from there, and we could even STAY at his house
            so we wouldn't have to get a hotel

but still, ends up to be what, over 700 dollars for two days, not including food
            or the gas to drive 8 hours to my father's house?

can't even justify THAT for a THEME PARK

i'm afraid my kids will have to be Disneyland-less and have to live through the eyes
            of their own children in 20 years if they have to see Disneyland

sad but true, but I think they'll live

Disneyland was never my favorite place anyway, even at five, 8, or when I went at 25 with my
            friend's small children

i've always found it incredibly lame and overly hyped, and almost of the ilk of "right of passage" -
            like, total peer pressure that Disney is someplace THAT MUST BE VISITED WHEN YOUR KIDS ARE LITTLE
            OR OMG, THEY MIGHT DIE OR MISS AN EXPERIENCE!!

it's just too dang expensive.

you'd think with all the money, and all the patrons that disney has, they'd lower the freaking price, but no.

sorry, they won't be getting my thousand dollars

julia

p.s. my three cousins are grown ass adults, one even 50yrs old, and goes to Disneyland AT LEAST 2 times
            a YEAR. they love it, love the "magic", can't get enough of it - so to each their own!

Comment

• I didn't go for the first time until 2011. I was 31. I survived, yes, but after my short trip there with limited exposure (I went to run a half marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and had very little time to actually visit the parks and do the whole Disney thing), I kind of wanted to go back. I love Disney movies and so do my kids. To get to meet the characters in person just sounds like a cool experience for them. We had actually been talking about doing a Disney cruise to the Bahamas - stuff for adults and stuff for kiddos.

Plus, I have a friend who lives in Florida and Daytona International Speedway is nearby, so it's a great place for the whole family to visit.

Comment

• Never been to Disneyland. I have no real desire to either. I think it's the whole "OMFG, you must do this" thing that drives me away. Tell me I HAFTA do something because of peer pressure and I'll tell you to get bent while doing the opposite thing.
                That said, I was a Six Flags kid. I grew up going to (the first) Six Flags, Six Flags over Texas. When I was young, I lived for the rare day I met Gossamer (my favorite Looney Tunes character, not a very popular one.) I will likely, when we have kids, take them to SFOT with discount tickets and a picnic lunch, with Mom, Dad, and whatever other family I can scrape together. I'll probably wait until they're 8-12/ 5' tall, so they can walk the park and ride most of the rides. I still have an old leather keychain with my name on it and Gossamer.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• I went to Six Flags once as a tween. The lines were long and it was hot. We only got to ride like 3 rides before we left. We went to St. Louis. Probably going to SFOT in the winter months would be a better idea than St. Louis in the summer.

Still shopping for whether or not I want a Fitbit Flex or a Jawbone UP. I've heard mixed reviews on both products and both company's customer service. I'm still waiting on the money from the sale of the Body Media armband (buyer has to confirm she's received it before PayPal will fork over the cash b/c I have only made 3 sales on eBay, which is not a long enough track record to be trustworthy, I guess. It was through selling this armband that I learned I never received feedback from the XM radio I sold. Bastard. I left him favorable feedback... I knew I should have waited until I received his to leave mine.

Drama in the family again. Grandma (Dad's mom) died 3 years ago. They finally got the house organized and the siblings picked through what they wanted. This fall at some point, I went down and picked apples and walked through the house, at which time my stepmom gave me 2 stainless steel pots, a hot water canner, various jars and some corningware dishes. She showed me the china and asked me if I wanted it. I said sure but didn't know where I would store it. So she offered up the sideboard/buffet/hutch deal that it was currently being stored in. I said ok, but I'll have to find room for it. I assumed this was a done deal.

Fast forward a couple three weeks and sister texts me to say she's going to grandma's to pick up some things. She was taking two bookcases, various little things, an old one-room schoolhouse like desk (the chair/desktop combos with the wooden top), and the hutch/china. I asked her why she was taking those last two items and she said that stepmom gave them to sister's boyfriend... I explained that stepmom had already given them to me two or so weeks prior. She offered up the dishes, but I told her I had no place to store the dishes without the hutch. She came back and said Ok, they'll be at [boyfriend's] when you're ready for them. So, over the last couple of weeks, I've been purging toys and stuff, and moving furniture around to make room for it in my dining room. Yesterday I go to sister's boyfriend's to get it. After I got home, I started washing the china to put it away and noticed that there was quite a bit missing from what I remember being in the cabinet. There had originally been two different patterns and some glassware. I texted stepmom to confirm and she said "yeah, why?" wow... way to get on the defensive right away... I explained that I noticed a bunch was missing. She said "You said you didn't want it, that you didn't have a place to keep it". So I responded with "Which is why you said I could also have the hutch". *sigh* Her response "what do you want the dishes for anyway?" Seriously... to freaking eat off of!! Damn. She said that I told her I didn't want it which is why she offered it to my sister and that Dad took the other dishes.

In the meantime, I had posted a pic of it on Facebook and thanked sister's boyfriend for loving the piece while I made room for it in my dining room. He came back with "Take care of it. It's worth $x,xxx." Who freaking cares how much it's worth! I just wanted it to house the dishes and b/c it's a gorgeous piece. Then sister posted "Take care of it. Now I have to find something else for the front porch. Oh and you're welcome - I cleaned it up". UGH! Seriously?

Let me explain this front porch - it's an enclosed porch that, from what I have seen, only gets used in the winter months for smoking on. A porch is no place for such a nice, and apparently expensive, piece of furniture. Secondly, sister and boyfriend have only been together for 6 months... why the hell are heirloom pieces of furniture being given to him??? And THIRD, I never got a wedding gift from my dad and stepmom but sister did (sister borrowed money from dad and stepmom to put down on a house they couldn't afford and then later lost in foreclosure, so dad and stepmom couldn't afford to give me a wedding gift). Stepmom reminds me all the time that I never got a wedding gift. Well, let's consider this it then... k?

But now I'm so disgusted by this stupid argument about who it was given to and when/why that I don't even want to look at it! Looking at it makes me angry now b/c it just brings up all this stupid drama. Way to suck the enjoyment out of it for me. Thanks, people. If it gets brought up again, I'll probably just tell sister to bring her happy ass over and get the damn thing. It's just a piece of furniture. I'll find something else. In fact, grandma had an old piece of furniture in one of the sheds that needs refinished. I'll gladly refinish that and put it in my dining room to house the dishes.

I just don't understand why everything has to involve drama. I thought this was settled when she told me I could pick it up at [boyfriend's] house. Apparently not. And now I don't want to talk to any of them or even look at the beautiful piece of furniture in my dining room. Quite honestly, I'm heartbroken over this and I feel it's unnecessary and stupid. I know it's going to forever be a thorn in our sides anytime anyone comes over and I don't want to deal with it.

I don't know what to do...

Comment

• Forgot to mention that I went out for a 14 mile trail run this weekend but b/c of slick conditions I could only finish 6. I ended up falling twice - the second time did a number on my left hip and left tricep/shoulder. Going to see Dr. Lake to see what she can do. Planning to take the week off from all fitness related activities to heal. Hoping I can run my 10 miles next weekend.

Comment

• Gheesh, got to love family drama.

Comment

• Sorry, Jenn. Family stuff can get messy and ugly. Especially when someone passes away and everyone is in the "I want" mode. I've always tried to stay away from all of that. Luckily for my family - we don't have anyone with anything that is that great or that valuable. When mom passes or moves into a retirement facility all her stuff will likely be donated to charity.

I do have a sister who still agonizes over the loss of "stuff" from when my grandmother passed away. Our Aunt came in an yard saled it all away. Sister was livid! She holds a grudge even now - after 27 years! Good grief, Sister! Get over it! I wish I had the courage to say those words to her! But, it wouldn't help - she's so stuck in that mindset. You'd think it had happened just last weekend.

Stuff is just stuff - and this world is full of it! I've never attached emotion to a "something" that belonged to "somebody". Its wood and nails and glue.

I hope your family can get this worked out. But - fwiw - boyfriend shouldn't have been offered anything! That's just wrong.
                        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, that's how I feel about it too. Yeah, it was Grandma's. Yeah, it's got a lot of memories attached to it. But like you said, it's just a piece of furniture. I wanted it to house the dishes. I don't, scratch that, didn't have a nice set of dishes before this. I have a mismatched hodge podge of dishes and glasses. At dinner, we drink our water from plastic cups. In my last house, I had a built in china hutch that we put a paper plate in as a joke b/c we knew we'd never be able to afford a nice set of dishes. We bought all of our plates at Big Lots for 99 cent a piece - they're big, heavy duty ceramic plates... they're good for dinners at home, but I don't think they're worth of a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner by any stretch... besides, we only have 6 of them. This set I got from Grandma's is only worth like $300 - for a set that feeds 12. It was a standard set of tableware you could get at any Montgomery Wards in probably the 70's. Here's a link to what it looks like: Signature Collection Select fine China Queen and 50 similar items - Bonanza Really, it's not extravagant and it's not all that pretty... but it's nicer than what I have. The hutch was just a place to store it. Once I got it in the dining room, I loved it. I loved it's placement, I loved it's presence in the room. I loved it's craftsmanship. It's a very nice, beautiful piece of furniture. But now it's tainted b/c of the drama now attached to it.

But it's just a functional piece of furniture that I don't have to do any work to (well, a little - it needs some knobs replaced and could use a refinishing to remove some staining). I don't care about it's dollar value! But now that I know it has a financial, I'm getting it insured.

Probably the most valuable thing about it is the circa 1980's Kodak camera with a half exposed roll of film in it. I can't wait to take the film to Walgreens to be developed just to see what Grandma was taking pictures of. And give them to my dad.

I can about guarantee that the ONLY reason sister wants this piece of furniture is b/c boyfriend wants it. He knows a good piece of furniture when he sees it. He knew it was valuable. Remember, he's the one who told me what it could be worth. If he wasn't in the picture, she'd see it as just a big piece of furniture that would get in her way, be a pain in the ass to move, and would require cleaning. It would be a burden to her. If he wasn't around...

Whatever. I'm still not sure what to do about it - keep it or just give it back to get rid of the tension that it brings. I do love it. It's a beautiful piece of furniture. Even if it didn't have my Grandma tied to it, I would love it and want to display it. I love old, rustic, quality furniture. I'll post a pic of it for you guys to see in a minute. They're on my phone.

Comment

• Keep it so that it doesn't end up disappearing with boyfriend if they break up.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              Keep it so that it doesn't end up disappearing with boyfriend if they break up.
                              ^This.

Plus, if you give it up then you will be mad every time you see it especially if your sister is just sticking it out on the porch for a smoke spot.

Comment

• ^ agreed!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X