No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is my Baby Boy's 7th birthday. Looking through pics to use on a post on Facebook has left me feeling nostalgic. I want to spend the rest of the day looking at baby pics.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Day 5: They should actually call this the day of the bathroom visits instead of Kill All the Things day... My body is cleaning some serious house today.

Yearly evaluation is due. I'm not as nervous about this one as I was the last one.

Have I mentioned lately just how much I hate the treadmill? I ran outside for a very short bit (to and from the gym) and then hopped on the treadie for a mile and a half. So, roughly 2 1/2 miles run today. I would have loved to run it all outside, but the sidewalks were wet and I didn't have the proper footwear to keep the toesies dry. #vibramsarenotwaterproof When I run on the treadmill, I can't get as many miles in. Something about running on that hampster wheel just kills my ability to run. I'm pretty sure it's all mental and the amount of suck it introduces. I'd much rather run outside - fresh air, pick my own pace, things to look at. None of that is available on the treadmill - yes, I can pick my own speed, but it's not as easy as just slowing down... I have to physically reach up and push a stupid button to slow down. That seems to psych me out more than just slowing down. So, yeah, b/c of all that suck, I tend to do walk/run on the treadmill, which eats up time and prevents me from getting the same amount of miles I could get if I were running outside. Luckily it's supposed to be 40 degrees this weekend so I'll be venturing out for a nice sunny run - hopefully. Brad's working so I'll have to wait til afternoon, which should be fine - I think the max temp is expected to occur around 2ish. Brad will get home at 3ish. If I'm ready to go, I can just duck out the door when he gets home.

Having a birthday party for Brady at our house tomorrow. Lots of work to do. To include shaving my legs... the party is starting at the pool for some water fun for the kiddos, then cake and ice cream at our house. Gotta shave my legs b/c I'll be swimming with Bearz. Pretty sure she'll spend the entire time jumping off of the edge of the pool into my arms. That'll be fun.

Yeah, I think that's about it. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Comment

• It's so weird how little time I'm spending here all of a sudden. What the heck am I doing with my time??

Ran 10 miles yesterday without eating enough before hand. Apparently my body doesn't want to run fasted at this point in the transition back from the SAD way of life... must remember to eat at some point before running.

Day 8 of the Whole30 and in the first 7 days I lost 8 lbs. YAY! Brad, get this, lost TWELVE FREAKING POUNDS! In ONE week! That is so awesome. I'm so glad it happened like that too b/c I think he's starting to feel deprived. Before too long, he'll have that Tiger Blood feeling and will be loving this. He seems to only really miss cheese and maybe milk. The birthday party was a bit tough for us all, but we made it through and followed up with a dinner of big steaks and veggies.

Yeah... that's all I've got. I really need to catch up with everyone. Tomorrow...

Comment

• Damn, 12 pounds? That is great and should be the motivation Brad needs. We miss you around here but good to know you are keeping busy.

Comment

• So glad to hear that you are both doing well.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm not really keeping busy, Jon. More like screwing off somewhere else... It's really quite sad that I can't figure out where I'm wasting my time. lol I really need to remember y'all tomorrow though b/c I didn't do any reading today either... *sigh*

Comment

• All good. I didn't get shit done today either.

Comment

• Brad's in a pickle... Not literally. HA! He's supposed to have a meeting with someone in his plant (manager or something) and is supposed to pick a restaurant to have this meeting at. Of course, we're doing Whole30 right now and very near ZERO restaurants he could pick follow all of the rules. You can find tons of stuff that is "gluten free", but it's usually got a sweet sauce on it, contains cheese, or comes with rice, or the sides don't work. Steak is always a safe option, unless the sides suck. The one restaurant close to the plant he was looking at doesn't serve anything outside of potatoes or saucy salads as a side (think coleslaw, cottage cheese, etc). I'm not sure what to have him do. If it was me, I'd go with a salad and take my own dressing (probably olive oil or something). So far, Jimmy John's Sub Shop is the only thing that works perfectly b/c they have the UN-wich, which quite honestly is awesome and so filling, but Brad ONLY gets cheese and mayo on his sandwiches, so that would leave him with meat rolled in lettuce... After looking over Applebee's menu (they have a really good menu for gluten free peeps and everything is edible without sauce or cheese), I am REALLY jones'in for the Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp... om nom nom nom. I want it NOW! SIL and I are going to have to go out sometime soon so we can partake.

Weight is fluctuating a bit. Not sure why. Considering not using the scale again until Monday.

Comment

• Glad to hear from you.

I vote for applebees too.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Wanting to sign up for a half marathon that takes place this weekend. It'll be perfect training for my marathon. It's an hour and a half away from home and I'll ride shotgun with a girl who's also planning to go. That is, if I can find someone to watch my kids. Mom said she can do it, but she's not feeling 100% and is afraid she's getting sick. If she gets sick, I won't have a sitter. MIL says she can't do it. *eyeroll* She's hardly ever available when I need a sitter, but she's always available when the other side of the family needs one. Makes me down-right angry and resentful. Hoping stepmom or sister can provide back up if needed. Sent both a text to see.

Whole30 day 11. Doing fine. Feeling funky today but I think that's b/c I'm frustrated about having to find a sitter. Finding a sitter is SUCH a pain in the ass. I absolutely hate it.

Ran 4 miles without walk breaks yesterday. It felt really good. I hope tomorrow's run is just as enjoyable.

Taxes: I started our taxes yesterday using Brad's last pay stub and estimating expenses based on last year's 1099's. It looks like we'll be getting back a nice refund. Not nice enough to do all the things I want to do with it, but nice enough to set aside for vacation. Need to talk to Brad about what we're going to do with it. I know he's going to want to use some of it, but I want to do things too. The responsible thing would be to set it aside for debt payoff, while the fun side of me wants to set it aside for a trip to Disney next winter with the kids. Brady keeps asking. But I know that if we set it aside, unless we put it in a bank NOT connected to our checking account, we'll dip into it. I need to research trips again. I think the flight, lodging, etc, for a week long Disney trip was $4,000. I really want to take the kids to Disney before they get too old and think it's lame. But I also really want to get out of debt so we don't have to save up for that kind of stuff anymore. Ugh, I hate having this much debt hanging over our heads. I just wish the damn credit cards would go away.

Yep... i'm in a funk. awesome.

Comment

• One of my loans only has a $6,000 balance on it. Our tax refund would put a MAJOR dent in it. Then we could probably refinance the rest (or roll it up with something else) and take the smaller payment. Not sure what to do... I can't pad this payment anymore b/c it's high. And having that payment amount available for other things would be fantastic. We could have it paid off by November if we did that, freeing up a lot of money each month to apply to other things, which would very rapidly pay them down. I think I'm going to propose it to Brad. Working on the plan now.

I really need to sit down and talk to Brad about our balances and getting them all down to zeros. Wow... I had no idea that balance had gotten so low. That's a mood perker, but not enough to bring me completely out of this funky financial based depression. Damn it I wish we'd been better educated before we got credit cards... It's SO easy to get carried away with them.
                        Last edited by jenn26point2; 01-16-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• I hope your chat with Brad goes well when you get to it.

I can't estimate our refund because Hulky worked last year. Right now, with no income entered from him, my refund is awesome . I'm sure it'll shrink once his stuff gets entered, but I guess we'll see. I also need my 1099-hc form and that always takes forever to come through, but I have my W2, my student loan forms, and one of my interest forms. I'm hoping to get stuff filed not long into February.

Anything we get will go to savings to get us through the summer/until Hulky's post-graduation employment situation gets sorted. If he gets employed and we don't need the money immediately for anything else, I want to put it into some of my student loans.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Forgot to mention I posted my armband on ebay for sale. Body media sent me a new one but I'm so tired of all the hassled of losing the bluetooth connection and now it's not holding a charge worth a crap, etc, etc, that I decided to not even give the new one a shot. I posted it on ebay. There is a gal in Germany who has contacted me about it. Hopefully she'll buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              I hope your chat with Brad goes well when you get to it.

I can't estimate our refund because Hulky worked last year. Right now, with no income entered from him, my refund is awesome . I'm sure it'll shrink once his stuff gets entered, but I guess we'll see. I also need my 1099-hc form and that always takes forever to come through, but I have my W2, my student loan forms, and one of my interest forms. I'm hoping to get stuff filed not long into February.

Anything we get will go to savings to get us through the summer/until Hulky's post-graduation employment situation gets sorted. If he gets employed and we don't need the money immediately for anything else, I want to put it into some of my student loans.
                              I used Brad's last paystub. I'll have to revise his income once his W2 comes, but for now, using the last paystub is close enough that we can get a good idea of what we'll end up getting. We're still waiting on documents so we won't be able to file for a while, but it's a nice stress reducer to know that we're getting a refund and not owing.

Comment

• So I called the credit union to get the balance on our truck for the debt paydown plan I was drafting and out of curiosity asked the lender if they had the 2% rate reduction incentive on all loans or just auto loans (thinking we could move all our loans to this lender, get lower rates, etc, etc, etc) and she tells me the incentive ended on the 31st of December.

If you'll recall, we bought my car with the intent of refinancing it at the 2% lower rate after 4 months with Ford Motor (so we could keep our rebates and discounts). No one told us the inventive ended at the end of the year. We were counting on being able to lower our rate and our payment. This has me quite pissed off. I feel like we were swindled. The dealer painted a pretty picture and everyone that we talked to at the credit union knew we couldn't refinance the car until February... why the hell didn't the credit union tell us there was an expiration date and we wouldn't meet it? I KNOW why the dealership didn't tell us - why would they? It could cost them a sale... but the credit union who didn't have ANYTHING invested in our auto sale could have been truthful with us. She says we can "probably" get a lower rate, but she can't guarantee 2% lower. This has me pissed right the hell off. WTF?

I'm really quite upset with the credit union right now... there's no reason why they couldn't disclose that info to us when we were buying the car. They KNEW that was a contingency of our purchase. We can DO the payment without that contingency, but we didn't go into the deal planning that. The credit union had NOTHING to lose disclosing that info to us... I'm royally pissed.

Comment

Working...
                                X