My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
    A birthday card I got my father probably a decade ago. I later expanded it to "Hippo Birdies and a mini moa!"
    Funny, my Dad had a card that said "Hippo Birdies two Ewes" with pics of the aforementioned animals.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yep, that's the one I'm referring to, Pebbles. I got it for Dad eons ago and he still has it.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        Your inbox is full birthday girl. I'm off to bed but will resend in the morning, assuming you cleared some space
        Stupid sent folder was loaded up. Should be better now.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
          Stupid sent folder was loaded up. Should be better now.
          Yes, but now I can't remember what I wanted to say

Comment

• That card is where I get it fro, also. The artist is Sandra Boynton, and I love her stuff. She has a great line of children's picture books.

Comment

• 8 miles on the treadmill in my new Vibrams watching the cowboys play well... drive home and cowboys decide to play like shit... so much for the playoffs.

But I got 8 quality miles in, and that's what's important.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                8 miles on the treadmill in my new Vibrams watching the cowboys play well... drive home and cowboys decide to play like shit... so much for the playoffs.

But I got 8 quality miles in, and that's what's important.
                Gotta love the way Turn-over Tony plays, huh..... It baffles me how he still has a frikin starting position.... Good job on the run!

Comment

• I honestly don't think Tony is the problem - Tony doesn't play defense. Yes, he had two turnovers - stupid stupid turnovers, but what happened to our defense? They were keeping GB out of the redzone for the entire first half and then all of a sudden, GB's able to score one after another. We had a 20 point lead at half time! Even if Tony had a million turnovers, if our defense would play the freaking game, GB would have never gotten to the redzone. Our defense is a tremendous problem.

All I know is someone needs to be fired after a comeback like that - and I say we start the firing with our GM. The way we lost that game yesterday was disgusting... I would even say it was worse than the slaughtering we took from the Bears b/c WE HAD THE FREAKING LEAD!! A LONG LEAD! There's no excuse for that loss... and I love how Jason Garrett said that if Tony had done the running play that was called instead of throwing the ball, the last turnover wouldn't have happened... but what about the fact that we LOST OUR LEAD?? Tony's job is to score points - not prevent the other team from scoring. That's where our defense failed us - miserably - just like every other freaking game we've played this year.

It's just flat out ridiculous.

Comment

• OMG GUYS THE PRESSURE!!! *pullshairout*

This week is a week from hell!!

Tomorrow is our Christmas Party at work, so I have a lot of last minute details to get taken care of. Thankfully someone else is helping out (bringing boxes for the food drive). We have a lot of gift bags to assemble (135 of them) for the party guests. 15 of those are standard sized bags with a gift in them for 15 lucky winners. The other 120 are small bags that will have a gift card in them. The 15 bags will be put into my car tonight after work b/c the gal who has them can't get to the party site until late b/c of a meeting... so I'll have 15 gifts in my trunk. I was going to bring the boxes, and was realizing I'd have to bring Brad's truck tomorrow to get the boxes and the gifts to the site in one trip. So glad the other gal agreed to bring boxes.

Brady wants me to bake sugar cookies for his Christmas Party at school on Friday. Makenna's is Thursday. I'm sure she'd like me to send cookies too - if there are extras, I probably will... but, that means we have to bake the cookies yet, then decorate them, then box them before Thursday - without my dogs getting into them... *sigh*

Then I have a shipment of Christmas presents coming in tomorrow from Amazon that will need wrapped. Then I have to find time to finish our shopping for extended family - maybe tomorrow night?? And then we also have to go shopping for our kids yet - and wrap all that.

I have to have gifts ready for both Saturday night and Sunday. I don't have gifts for 4 of those people yet. Then I have to make up our pot luck item for those events too. The one will be deviled eggs (sunday) but I don't know what to take Saturday yet. Maybe just a jello cheesecake - everyone there seems to like them and they're easy peasy. Not even close to primal but at this point I don't care. I'm too busy to care.

Plus, all the normal stuff - make dinner, baths for kids, school work, running, etc, etc, etc... holy shit, guys! I'm drowning here!! I need to write up a plan/schedule for how I plan to do all this... *sigh* I hate the holidays ONLY for how busy they make me.

I don't think I've ever been so swamped in my life!!

Ok, wrote up a quick to-do list.

Tonight: bake cookies, prepare meatloaf for tomorrow night, make dinner, Brady's homework
                    Tuesday: finish Christmas shopping for extended family (Brad bake meatloaf), Brady's homework
                    Wednesday: decorate cookies for Makenna's party, wrap Christmas presents, make dinner, Brady's homework
                    Thursday: decorate cookies for Brady's party, boil eggs, make cheesecake, make mayo, finish wrapping, make dinner, Brady's homework
                    Friday: Christmas shop for kids, wrap kids' presents
                    Saturday: groceries in AM, dinner at Dad's (4:30)
                    Sunday: Lunch at Gma Mary's, make breakfast for the week
                    Monday: Wrap kids' presents
                    Tuesday: Christmas Eve - unwrap presents with kids, dinner at Grandpa Meyer's
                    Wednesday: Christmas Day - breakfast with MIL, lunch with Mom/Grandma Hinkhouse
                    Thursday: Life back to normal? Maybe? Hopefully...

*sigh* why am I so busy this year??
                    Last edited by jenn26point2; 12-16-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Aaaannnnddd... now my husband is sick. He can't take the day off b/c he's out of vacation for the year and has to flex - which means he'd have to work this weekend to cover his hours for today... which won't work b/c of our holiday plans this weekend. He had some KE tea last night but I think it was too little, too late... *sigh* poor guy.

Comment

• Ouch...rough schedule and a sick husband. I hope it all works out.

Comment

• 3 miles on the treadmill done. Part of it done in my new Vibrams, part of it in my socks. The new vibrams are creating blisters on my heels - just something I have to build up for. I'll pop them and put bandaids over them before my next run. Socks work just as well on the treadmill though. Still haven't ventured outside for a run. Maybe Wednesday if the forecast is accurate.

Comment

• Jenn, there's a Band-Aid brand of bandaid that's specifically for blisters. They work wonders, you should try them. I've seen two sizes; one for fingers, one larger and more oval that are perfect for feet blisters. I have really wimpy feet and these have saved me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                              Jenn, there's a Band-Aid brand of bandaid that's specifically for blisters. They work wonders, you should try them. I've seen two sizes; one for fingers, one larger and more oval that are perfect for feet blisters. I have really wimpy feet and these have saved me!
                              Great advice, but honestly I am sitting here going, "Damn, pop blisters, bandaid, back out to run...Jenn is such a beast."

Comment

• Haven't been around much....happy belated birthday Jenn!

Now off to get caught up with everyone.
                                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X