X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday, Jenn...

*said in an elegant, understated way*

Comment

• Geez Goldie, she said don't make a deal of it...Just Kidding. Thanks for getting us started.

Happy Birthday Jenn!!!!!
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Happy birthday Jenn!

Comment

• Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, Dear Jenn!!!!! Happy Birthday to you!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Hippo birdies, two ewes, Jenn. Hope you are having a great day.

Comment

• Thanks guys.

Brad told me happy birthday first thing this morning. My dad and mom sent a text... really? In Dad's defense, he was working when he thought of it and sleeping when I was driving to work so he probably did it that way to #1 not miss it, and #2 not wake me to tell me (he sent his text as 12:45 this am)... and he'll likely call later after he wakes up for work tonight. I'm not sure what mom's deal is - other than she's not a phone talker... But I still don't think a text message to your daughter is an adequate way to say happy birthday... but that's just me.

I was sharing some articles on facebook and noticed that I have been defriended when I went to tag said person in the message. Funny thing is that this person has interactions with me outside of facebook and even approaches me, so I'm confused by the deletion. Maybe it was an accidental click as the person was cleaning out their friends list, but I'm inclined to actually believe this person intentionally removed me. Whatever, it's their perogotive to do with their Facebook as they wish... I just think it's humorous how the person still interacts with me like they didn't delete me - like I'm good enough to interact with everywhere else, but not on Facebook. I guess if I was cleaning up my facebook for innocent reasons (i.e. don't interact with enough, wouldn't say hi to the person if I saw them on the street, etc) I would just delete them, but if it was someone I talk to outside of Facebook, I would at least say something to that person just so there were no hard feelings... if I was tired of something that person was posting, or if they grated on my nerves, I'd hide their statuses instead of deleting them... I don't know. I guess I'm not really surprised that this person removed me come to think of it... we've had a few disagreements... I guess I'm more surprised that this person still interacts with me at all if that's how this person feels... But then again, maybe I'm just not a good friend on Facebook or something b/c I just noticed two other people removed me too. Two of them were older than me (in their 50's) and one is Brad's cousin. So, maybe the cousin didn't want "old" people on her FB (she's like 12 or 14) and maybe the older ladies didn't appreciate my youth. I don't keep such close tabs on my total number of friends that I notice when one is gone and there's too much stuff on my feed to know unless I'm curious about a person and I go seek them out and find out they've removed me - that's how I found out about the one older gal and the cousin. Trying to tag the second gal in an article about new research made me notice she was gone... I wonder who else has deleted me and I just haven't noticed yet... Oh well, I guess. Life goes on... Speaking of which, there's a gal who always seems to argue with me on things I post - maybe I should delete her b/c we don't have the same perspectives... or maybe I should keep her around to be enlightened to her point of view... Maybe I think I'll keep her around a bit longer...

Christmas drama follow up: so I got a message (yep, on facebook) from my stepmom that said "now that your dad's no longer pissed about Christmas, he's agreed to have dinner"... wait, what? Who was pissed? Who didn't want to do dinner? Yeah, it wasn't Dad... I'd be completely blown away if Dad said he hadn't wanted to have dinner or if he had any idea about the interactions we had with stepmom and how she was pissed b/c she couldn't get Mom to change her plans. What I think happened was that Dad asked if we were doing a dinner and she said no and he got pissed THEN and said "we need to do dinner". I think SHE was the one who needed a cool down period and then finally decided we were right and there needs to be a dinner. She and sister argued about Dad's work schedule - stepmom saying that we couldn't do dinner b/c Dad was supposed to work that night, when in reality, sister knew better b/c sister's ex-husband (and my husband) used to work there and a Saturday night shift would be Sunday for payroll purposes, which would be DOUBLE TIME and this company does NOT pay double time unless absofreakinglutely necessary... so she was busted in a lie there. I'm willing to bet my paycheck she's lying about who was actually mad and who was actually to blame for no dinner. But, in any event, we're now meeting Saturday the 21st at 4:30 for dinner. *smh* OH, and when I asked her yesterday if she wanted anything for Christmas, she told me to spend it on the kids, but gave my sister a couple of ideas... *sigh* Probably going to go Amazon gift card route for her - Kindle books. and maybe a new Christmas ornament, if it's not too late to get one personalized. Sometimes she drives me totally nuts... lol

After so long following so little of the Primal guidelines, not only do my jeans and work pants not fit so well anymore, my period is more painful than months past. I'm having more cramping this month than I've had previous months. I can't wait for January 1 to get here so all those stinking holiday goodies are gone and I can start my Whole30! And no, I'm not going to start earlier. I'd like to, but a Whole30 is hard enough - I don't want to attempt it with holiday foods and events pending.

Ok, Army system did some computer upgrades, so I'm being prompted to restart my computer. I hope everyone's having a great Friday the 13th. Mine is pretty good so far - aside from feeling like a puffer fish today.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Happy birrrrthdaaayyy
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Happy Birthday Jenn!

Comment

• HA! Puffer Fish........... that was me yesterday! Or a water balloon - or a whale. Take your pick. I'm still feeling a little inflated.

Sounds like stepmom is a bit manipulative? Its really hard dealing with people like that.

I'm starting my wholeprimal60 on Sunday............ I don't want to make it worse by putting on a few more pounds over the holidays!

Sorry you got deleted......... that happens to me too - I just figure that person was doing some housecleaning and I got swept out by mistake or because we just didn't interact anymore. My niece deleted me about 6 months ago........ we still aren't reconnected. I've noticed that FB doesn't show me the posts of all the people I'm friends with - just the ones I regularly interact with. You could always send a friend request back.
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hippo Birdies, chica!
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        Hippo Birdies, chica!
                        If never heard that before! Where is from ????
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• A birthday card I got my father probably a decade ago. I later expanded it to "Hippo Birdies and a mini moa!"
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• ^ that's adorable!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Thanks, Jen!
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Your inbox is full birthday girl. I'm off to bed but will resend in the morning, assuming you cleared some space

Comment

Working...
                                X