No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, and because I missed out on a half marathon, running my total half marathons run to 10, I am signing up to do one - a virtual one - here at home. It benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters of Chicago. It's $25 and I'll get a cool medal with a Snowman on it. I've got a few friends lined up to run it with me. We're looking at doing it on 12/29 on trails.

And the best part of the Memphis race is that we still get our bibs, our tshirts and our medals, even though we couldn't run it. They offered us entrance into 3 other races, but they're all close in time (January, February and April) and with my plans to go to New Mexico in March, I can't do the replacement races offered by St. Jude, so I'll just give up my entry fee ($50) as a donation to the cause and take my medal/tshirt. I'm glad they're doing that for us though. I figured we'd get our shirts and bibs, but I was surprised that they were sending us our medals too. So cool b/c technically, we haven't earned them.

So, on to the next big adventure.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• wow, Jenn - what a weekend! Glad you had a good driver behind the wheel on those slick roads.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I was so glad he agreed to come. There was no way I'd be able to navigate the way he did.

Comment

• I'm glad you had such a good time and you got there and back safely, esp. with the weather the way it was! Must've been scary at times.

For future reference, B vitamins seem to help a lot with hangovers. I used to count on Vitamin Water in college, specifically the B vitamin one (forget the flavor). Half the bottle before bed, half in the morning.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            I'm glad you had such a good time and you got there and back safely, esp. with the weather the way it was! Must've been scary at times.

For future reference, B vitamins seem to help a lot with hangovers. I used to count on Vitamin Water in college, specifically the B vitamin one (forget the flavor). Half the bottle before bed, half in the morning.
            I very very very rarely drink to get drunk, but I will try to remember this next time as I'm sure at some point in my life there will be a next time.

Comment

• I signed up for this run - half marathon to make up for the one we missed this last weekend. I can't wait to have that medal hanging from my medal rack.

The Jingle Bell Rock Virtual Run - 5k/10k/Half Marathon (Chicago) | ACTIVE

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                I signed up for this run - half marathon to make up for the one we missed this last weekend. I can't wait to have that medal hanging from my medal rack.

The Jingle Bell Rock Virtual Run - 5k/10k/Half Marathon (Chicago) | ACTIVE

Nice! I am guessing that medal rack means something different to a runner than it does to a dude with his mind in the gutter.

Comment

• lol You're funny.

I have to change my training plan. Right now, it has me running my long run on Saturday, with a short 3 miler (to train my muscles to work in a fatigued state) on Sunday. This works fine if Brad isn't working. But Brad has been working both Saturday and Sunday for a while now, which requires me to find two sitters or hope and pray he has nothing going on after work so he can watch the kids while I run. This is a GIANTpain in the ass - emphasis on giant. So I'm going to shift everything a day. Long run on Sunday, 3 mile fatigue run on Monday, rest Tuesday, 4 miles on Wednesday, rest Thursday, 4 miles on Friday, rest Saturday. Then I can spend Saturday grocery shopping with the kiddos while Brad is working, and only have to find a sitter for Sunday while he's working - or wait til he's off work on Sunday to run. I thought it would be easier to do Saturday/Sunday runs, but it's not. So... that's the new plan. This weekend, I have 8 miles on Sunday to do - if I can find someone to watch the kids. 8 miles (or two hours) in 33 degree weather. Should be a blast...

Food - still off kilter. No excuses - just not doing what I need to be doing.

Exercise - see above. I ran/walked 3 miles yesterday. I used the treadmill and added a 3% grade to some of it to simulate the actual race I'll be doing. 3% isn't as bad as I thought, but it certainly isn't easy. That'll require some serious consideration. I suspect a few of my weekday runs will be done on the treadmill to get some hill training in. I don't think we have any 3% grade hills around here - and most certainly none that go on for 6-7 miles.

Life - life is good. Haven't started Christmas shopping yet... I know. It's coming... I know, I know, I know. Hoping to carve out soem time today to hit Amazon and see what I can find - maybe for my mom and stepmom. Brad and I plan to go shopping Saturday after he gets off work - who we shop for depends on whether or not we find someone to keep our kids.

I think we'll put the Christmas tree up tonight - but I suppose we could do it Saturday too while Brad's at work. We'll see. I think life would move on more quickly if I'd get the tree up. It would feel like Christmas is here and maybe speed me along on the shopping. I'm usually DONE by now... there is seriously something messed up about this year. All the holidays are sneaking up on me.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm hesitant to bring it up. I don't like people making a big deal out of it, but at the same time, I don't want it to go completely unacknowledged. I showed a couple of things to Brad that I'd like - medal racks for the medals I've earned and will earn in the future. He told me know b/c I already have one (it stands on a shelf - the ones I asked for are wall mounted). The one I have requires me to hide some behind others and I don't want that. I want to have them all prominently displayed. I gave him 5 options to choose from. Initially I had told him he didn't have to get me anything b/c I didn't know what I wanted (we'd just done the trip to Tennessee, so I was going to use that as my birthday present but Brad said that I saved up for that and it shouldn't serve as my present), so when I sent him the messages yesterday, he kept coming back with no, no, no, no, and no. So who knows if he's going to get me anything or not. I suspect yes. He's always gotten me a present even when I've told him not to b/c we don't have the money. He's better than me in that regard b/c if we don't have the money, I don't get him anything - or will just take him out to dinner. But he always makes sure I have a birthday gift.

I suppose. I have some journals to catch up on again, so I better get moving.

Comment

• Throw on any Christmas playlists or radio stations available & decorate that tree! The music seriously helped motivate me.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Shopping on Amazon when the boss isn't looking. Got my MIL's stuff picked out, and one of our cousin's children. The one child wants farm animals to go with his John Deere tractors and all that, but Amazon doesn't have anything age appropriate, so we'll have to check out one of the farm stores in our area. I'm sure they'll have toys.

With our kids, it will be easy - just a matter of narrowing down what we get them to our price range. Brad wants to get Brady an inexpensive tablet that he can use to play the games he plays on our phones (android tablet). I'd like to get him a bigger bike, but that could wait til his birthday (next month) since he wouldn't be able to ride it much right now anyway. Or we could just do bikes this spring... haven't decided yet. Makenna should be relatively easy as well. I don't know what to get SIL's boy - well, I know what he likes, but I don't want to duplicate things, so I'm waiting to get a list.

I have 4 people "done" meaning I have gifts for them in the cart. lol And we know for sure what we're getting for 3 others. Getting closer. We have 15 people to buy for, so I guess you could say we're half way done now.

Comment

• I announced on MFP that I'm going to do this so I thought I should probably announce it here. Because I have gained 20 lbs back, I am going to do a Whole30 starting January 1. I guess my friend Melanie (the one I went to Memphis with) is going to join me. She gained 50 lbs after losing 60 on HCG when her dr put her on steroids for bells palsy. So, she's back to square one, for the most part. She does really really well with the HCG, but she wants to be more active and said the HCG program recommends no exercise (probably b/c the calories are so incredibly low). She has plans to continue her running and getting back into half marathon shape (she lost ground after spraining her foot and still can't run long on it).

So, I have a partner in crime, and I've publicly announced my slip, my gain, and my intent to fix it. I am hoping to lose those 20 lbs, but not holding my breath for that big of a loss in one month. I'm shooting for 10 lbs.

Comment

• Hmmm... it's 3:37 and it says I posted my last comment at 3:53... guess I'm posting in the future now! lol (ps, I posted that last message literally, just seconds ago).

Comment

• I will be in on the whole 30 for January as well. In my current leptin reset program, I am allowing dairy, sweeteners and bad oils. I want to see if cleaner eating makes a difference.

Yup. The post time is 15 min off.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              I will be in on the whole 30 for January as well. In my current leptin reset program, I am allowing dairy, sweeteners and bad oils. I want to see if cleaner eating makes a difference.

Yup. The post time is 15 min off.
                              Well, count me in too then, though I wont be able to start until the 3rd or so when I get back from FL or is it the 2nd? Hell, I can't remember. Maybe the 4th? Eh, I am glad K has a memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                                Well, count me in too then, though I wont be able to start until the 3rd or so when I get back from FL or is it the 2nd? Hell, I can't remember. Maybe the 4th? Eh, I am glad K has a memory.
                                Apparently theres gonna be a herd of Whole30s in January..... I'll take Tail End Charlie position....

Comment

Working...
                                X