No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling with some crazy heartburn/indigestion right now. Not sure what the scoop is. I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary - bacon and eggs. I'm supposed to head out for a run soon so I hope it goes away with a quickness.

Down 2 lbs since yesterday. Didn't do as well with food as I would have hoped. I had 8 fruit snacks (individual pieces, not packages). But, that was my only transgression.

I still haven't done ANY Christmas shopping... I suck. And I know I'll be scrambling at the end b/c I've waited so long to start. I just feel no sense of urgency with it this year as I have in years past. Maybe it's b/c I have so much other stuff going on that Christmas is getting forgotten? With that, I think I'll head on over to Amazon and see what kinds of finds I can find.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      Usually close to Calvin.

I'll see myself out.
      lol Well played, sir.

Comment

• Roughly a few hours south of santa fe. It's not very big, most of the residents come to Odessa to do their grocery shopping.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• I have zero concept of geography - considering I've only been to NM once, or a day, to go to the caverns while I was in El Paso for training. As it turns out, we got lost on the way back to El Paso, driving on a road that was more like a trail but labeled as a highway on the map. That was when I saw my first jack rabbit. Those things are huge!

Gonna go check out the atlas now.

Comment

• Yeah, that's a 5 hour drive... yikes!

Comment

Usually close to Calvin.

I'll see myself out.
              Love that comic strip!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• You go, girl!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

Usually close to Calvin.

I'll see myself out.
                  Ba-dum-bum....... Thank you, thank you... I'll be here all week... Don't forget to tip the wait staff... And try the veal!

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                    Struggling with some crazy heartburn/indigestion right now. Not sure what the scoop is. ... I had 8 fruit snacks (individual pieces, not packages)....
                    That is all.

Our set of the complete Calvin and Hobbes was one of our best-ever family Christmas presents. One or other of us pulls it out for a complete read-through almost every year.

Comment

• I love Calvin and Hobbs. I used to sketch the illustrations for art class in high school.

Yesterday was way better than the day before. I felt shakey hungry when I got home, though, so I had 4 cheese sticks. Oops. At least cheese is primal. I had a glass of wine after dinner.

I have come to the realization that I just cannot have a holiday season without some kind of stupid drama. Last year it was with Thanksgiving and my aunt and cousin refusing to attend Thanksgiving if other cousin's girlfriend came to dinner. It turned out that NONE of them came b/c they were essentially uninvited. We cancelled the whole dinner, and then replanned it with only my dad, stepmom, sister's family and my family. Aunt and two cousins weren't invited. It worked out in the end, but Aunt still has me blocked on FB b/c I spoke my mind about it. We have since done a huge favor for her (drove 35 miles to load her car on a trailer and take it 45 miles, then drove 10 miles back home - missing dinner and requiring us to pick up food while out and about b/c her brakes went out) and she sent me a text at Thanksgiving this year wishing me a happy one, so maybe things are being resolved over time.

This year, the drama is with my stepmom. Dad took a third shift job. So his days off for Christmas are Monday night (which serves as Tuesday for work purposes) and Tuesday night (which serves as Wednesday for work purposes). Therefore he has to work Wednesday night (which is Thursday for work purposes), which happens to be Christmas night. We usually open gifts and have dinner with them on Christmas night starting at about 5 and going until the kids are shot and ready for bed. So stepmom asked if we could make other arrangements.

Here is how our Christmas day usually goes:

9 am: breakfast and gifts with MIL and FIL, SIL and BIL.
                      11 am: gifts with mom, stepdad, sister and her family
                      12 pm: lunch with mom's family
                      2 pm: naps for kids
                      5 pm: gifts and dinner with dad and stepmom

So, stepmom is asking to move our celebration with them to another time. They prefer Christmas day - stepmom feels it's unfair to dad to celebrate on a different day when mom gets Christmas day. It's really quite stupid and petty and annoying. So, I call SIL who is willing to do gifts and dinner with MIL and FIL instead of breakfast so that we can do breakfast with Dad and stepmom. Stepmom doesn't want to do morning. Seriously? WTH not? She claims it's b/c she wants the kids to be able to sleep in, open their gifts at home, play around and all that jazz without having to rush off somewhere right away Christmas morning. um HELLOOOOOO!!! They already have to which is why we do OUR family Christmas on Christmas Eve. They will have ALLLLLLL day Christmas Eve to play with their new toys. So, time to find another excuse, please...

Basically, what it boils down to is she wants to do lunch. She wants to swap with mom - and no one else. Seriously? If it was JUST us celebrating with mom, we could move it... but it's mom and mom's family. Mom already does a "combined" Christmas with us (quick hour session opening our gifts at 11 before the rest of the family arrives) to make our day easier - even though she's told us she's perfectly willing to open gifts with us another day. Mom's family is not going to move to dinner and I'm not going to ask them to. And I'm not going to skip it b/c I skipped Thanksgiving with mom's family to spend it with stepdad's family b/c some of them came from Tennessee and won't be here for Christmas. So, no. I'm not moving mom's christmas.

I know exactly what this is. She's got some kind of vendeta against my mom b/c she's the ex-wife. There's history there and quite honestly it's stupid. Stepmom is still pissed at my mom for having child support papers served to dad at work the day he returned after they miscarried (dad and stepmom miscarried a baby boy at 5 months gestation - he lived for 21 minutes). Here is why it's stupid to still be pissed about this. MOM didn't pick the day that the papers were served. She subpoenaed for a child support increase LONG before the baby was lost. The LAWYER and the county courier tried to serve him in the days previous, but obviously he was not at work. I'm not sure why they were serving him at work and not at home, but likely that was a decision made by the courier/lawyer as well. So, ever since then, stepmom has held this grudge against my mom, telling us all the time how dispicable it was of her to serve Dad with child support papers the day he returned to work after losing his first son. Yeah, I get it. The timing sucked, but seriously? Do you REALLY think Mom said "hehehehe let's really get him... let's serve him at work, and wait til after his kid dies to do it". F*ck no she didn't. My mom can be a bitch, but she's not heartless.

Anyway, stepmom thinks mom needs to bow down and give up lunch and instead do dinner so dad can have lunch instead of dinner... when in REALITY, dad doesn't go to work til 9 pm, so we could still do dinner and gifts at our usual time - if he takes a nap during the day to bank up his sleep. OR, he could take the night off.

Now, I don't think any of this is on Dad. I think he would take the day off if he was asked, but stepmom says he doesn't want to b/c he's got the two days before off. Those days are paid holidays, so I'm not buying her bullshit there. She probably hasn't even asked dad to take the time off. I basically told her that if she's not willing to swap with MIL and FIL then she's going to have to find a different day and gave her our availability. I'm done. I tried to make it work, and she played the stubborn mule role.

What I suspect is going to happen is she's not even going to tell dad about the breakfast option. She's going to say that Mom wasn't willing to switch and as a result we have to do Christmas with them another day. She's manipulative like that. So whenever we finally get together, I'm going to make sure Dad knows that we had another option but stepmom didn't want it.

Anyhow... every year there's drama... this is this year's drama and I can't complain about it anywhere else b/c she'll find out if I do... so you guys get to listen to it.

Comment

• So glad we are a fairly drama-free family.

Comment

• Good lord, nothing like a bit of drama to ring in the holiday spirit.

Tell step-mon to go f' herself. Just do it in a nice card and include a bow. You know, because it's Christmas.

Comment

• I'm inclined to agree with Canio on this one......... finding a different term for the f'ing part. Seriously...... holidays bring out the worst in people. Why do people think they have to gather ON the day of the holiday? With so many family tentacles making it so busy and complicated? Spread it out over several days and make it easier on everyone! We've NEVER gathered ON Thanksgiving or Christmas because we'd rather be gracious than selfish. A little yielding to others needs goes a LONG way - especially during the holidays when life becomes one giant screwed up schedule.

Sorry, Jenn - I hope it all gets ironed out.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous... The divorce was 30 years ago. The child support incident more than 20. This is the same woman who complains when we haven't been over to see them for a while, but yet never comes to our house to visit. Like ever.

Comment

• What Sabine and Jon said.

Can you talk to your Dad and see what his opinion is on the whole thing?

Thank goodness we've never lived close enough to various family members to see more than one group at a holiday!

Comment

Working...
                                X