Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving Jenn!

Comment

• I'm stalking Jon through other people's journals.

Happy Thanksgiving!
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I found the echo again! Happy Thanksgiving!
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to all!
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Soooo very glad Thanksgiving is over! I always eat entirely too much over Thanksgiving! But on a positive, I had my very first Thanksgiving feast at my house. Brad wanted me to make a turkey and all the stuff to go with it, so I did. We invited his parents over to help eat it. It was good. Not primal by any stretch, but good.

Tried to run this weekend. Leg was hurting so I bailed early on two runs. I am pretty sure it's the shoes that are causing the problems. I tried to run in vibrams and the pain waited longer to occur and was easier to work out, so I am pretty well convinced. I'll be sending the shoes back. Dr. Lake thinks it's all the crap I've eaten recently. And she is likely right as well. Left sciatic has been making it's presence known. Back on track starting today. Having more trouble getting into the whole low carb thing than I anticipated. I might ease into it. Allow myself to get back to Primal before I throw low carb at it - especially since Primal, by default, is lower carb than SAD.

Ordered two new pairs of vibrams for marathon training. I'll be looking into socks too. Sending the New Balance shoes back - which is sad b/c they're killer looking. I loved the look.

I leave for Tennessee Friday... and I'm still looking at prices for flights to NM. I have a budget of roughly $500, but I don't want to pay $500... I'm hoping I can bring it in for less than that with time. Dr. Lake said sometimes one-way tickets are cheaper in the end than round trip and suggested I try that as an option too. That would help if say United is cheaper on the way down but American is cheaper on the way back... I'll research it and see what I come up with.

Comment

• Esp. if you're running, I wouldn't necessarily go low carb at all. Maybe start out with strict primal w/ carbs & then look into changing macros if that's not getting the results you wanted. One thing at a time?

Kayak.com is my favorite flight shopping site.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm not going VLC... I just plan to cut out starches and sugary stuff - i.e. the Enjoy Life chocolate chips I seem to nosh on all the time, and white potatoes at dinner. I plan to eat as many veggies as I can stuff down my gullet and sweet potatoes to keep my carbs up to an adequate training level. But I want to be lower than I am now for sure. That being said, it is completely possible to train for and run a marathon on a low carb diet - said runner would use fat instead. And I have PLENTY of that fuel to go around.

Comment

• I know this is somewhat contrary to popular belief around here, but the only way to burn body fat is to create a calorie deficit. You can still make fat the primary dietary fuel. If eating a higher amount of carbs (not saying it's your primary fuel source, just "more" in general) didn't work with fat loss, people who eat a SAD-healthy diet would not be able to lose weight (but they obviously do, it's just not as effective as low-processed foods, low refined sugar, and grain-free diets). Just something to consider. I stopped trying to fight my tendency to go for carby things and feel better for it, but I am not trying to lose weight.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Where in new Mexico? I'm about an hour west of the east border. ..
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• I like your Thanksgiving post.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        Where in new Mexico? I'm about an hour west of the east border. ..
                        I'm flying into El Paso and driving up to White Sands for the marathon in March.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          I know this is somewhat contrary to popular belief around here, but the only way to burn body fat is to create a calorie deficit. You can still make fat the primary dietary fuel. If eating a higher amount of carbs (not saying it's your primary fuel source, just "more" in general) didn't work with fat loss, people who eat a SAD-healthy diet would not be able to lose weight (but they obviously do, it's just not as effective as low-processed foods, low refined sugar, and grain-free diets). Just something to consider. I stopped trying to fight my tendency to go for carby things and feel better for it, but I am not trying to lose weight.
                          I know this. I plan to reduce carbs and replace those calories with protein and fat, mostly fat. My macros are 20% carb, 20% protein, 60% fat. At a 2,000 calorie daily consumption, that breaks out to be 100 gm carbs, 100 gm protein, and 133 gm fat. My body media armband says I burn on average 2,500 calories each day, so I will still have a 1 lb per week deficit. I will increase my calorie consumption on long run days - those days where I burn 4,500 calories (inclusive of all day's activity, to include breathing).

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                            I'm flying into El Paso and driving up to White Sands for the marathon in March.
                            Never mind. I'm closer to Hobbs.
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• haha I have no idea where Hobbs is.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                                haha I have no idea where Hobbs is.
                                Usually close to Calvin.

I'll see myself out.

Comment

Working...
                                X