My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    but when I'm REPLYING to a message sent to me, there shouldn't be a wait... just sayin'.
    This X 10,000

Comment

• Sorry, Jon... gotta wait 121 more seconds before I can respond to your most recent message...
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        Sorry, Jon... gotta wait 121 more seconds before I can respond to your most recent message...
        It's all good. I am nothing if not patient. Okay, I am nothing.

Comment

• I will admit, the sulfite allergy is a blessing in disguise around the holidays. Seeing something I love on the table and asking myself "is 24 hours of pain worth 5 minutes of pleasure?" is the ultimate deterrent from bad food (usually.) Does this mean I won't let my guard down? Hell no. I'm still going to enjoy my father's mac and cheese, even if it's only a spoonful. But fear of pain keeps me from going back for 3 extra serving spoons worth (in theory.) I hafta drive back across the state Saturday, and that drive is HELL when you have a pain hydrocodone barely touches. So, being good got a lot easier/ harder this year.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            It's all good. I am nothing if not patient. Okay, I am nothing.
            hahaha me too, me too...

Comment

• The way I always heard it was "Patience is a virtue, which is why I want it now."
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• One down fall of going to college, and more accurately, getting a Master's degree in a subjective topic rather than one based on proven facts, is that it teaches you to thinking critically and question everything. Question things you used to KNOW to be fact (i.e. SAD diet versus Primal/Paleo), question people's reactions to things and the things they do (ask questions like "why are you reacting that way?" What is your motivation for acting like a brat when someone tells you no?", "what do I need to do to get a better response out of you?", etc) and then change your way of thinking to make the situation better (i.e. employee that is not doing their job - maybe you need to provide a better motivation for them).

I used to get so mad at my kids when they'd throw a fit instead of picking up their toys when I asked. Thanks to the classes I took to earn my Master's I know how to address this issue and get the results I want without yelling, screaming, grounding, or in the workforce - writing someone up, reprimanding or firing. I think this education makes me a better mom, a better employee (b/c I can see what I'm doing wrong, why I'm doing it wrong, and how to fix it - i.e. not producing, spending too much time online, etc, before someone else sees it and addresses it), and in the future, a better boss.

I am reminded all too often that the rest of the world has not had this same form of education and just accepts everything at face value and never question their own thinking, behaviors and reactions to things. It's witnessed every time I question someone's thinking that they aren't able to see things from a different perspective.

On this Thanksgiving, in the year of 2013, I am thankful for my education because it allows me to see more than just black and white. It allows me to see every shade of gray. It allows me to see things from other perspectives and present those perspectives to others. Typically they don't like having these perspectives revealed to them and will blow into a tizzy about it. THAT is not my problem but theirs, for which I am also thankful.

I am also thankful for mine, my husband's and my children's health, my house, my paycheck, my car, and my ability to choose what I want, like, dislike, and who I associate with. I am thankful for my family and my co-workers. I am thankful for my friends at MDA. I am thankful for the Armed Forces (for without them I would not have freedom), I am thankful for gas taxes (for without them I would not have paved roads). I am thankful for the air I breathe and the color pink. Tomorrow, I will be thankful for a full belly - I hope it's filled with turkey (not enough people make turkey for Thanksgiving anymore). I am thankful for my running shoes and my body that runs. I am thankful for a mind that can THINK - even if my thinking pisses others off. And I am thankful I'm not dealing with the frustrations of others.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
                Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-27-2013, 02:45 PM. Reason: Wrong year... It's easy to forget it's 2013 when your work is running off 2014 goals, funds and missions, i.e. FY 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  I will admit, the sulfite allergy is a blessing in disguise around the holidays. Seeing something I love on the table and asking myself "is 24 hours of pain worth 5 minutes of pleasure?" is the ultimate deterrent from bad food (usually.) Does this mean I won't let my guard down? Hell no. I'm still going to enjoy my father's mac and cheese, even if it's only a spoonful. But fear of pain keeps me from going back for 3 extra serving spoons worth (in theory.) I hafta drive back across the state Saturday, and that drive is HELL when you have a pain hydrocodone barely touches. So, being good got a lot easier/ harder this year.
                  I can't even imagine how sucky that is. I hope you're able to navigate easily and enjoy the plentiful feasts that are available this weekend, without ending up in pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    The way I always heard it was "Patience is a virtue, which is why I want it now."
                    That's great! I've never heard that before and I love it.

Comment

• Nice Thankful list.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Inbox full
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• *sigh* Ok...

Fixed.

Comment

• It's that time... time to start my holiday... another thing to add to the thankful list for 2013 - the 59 minute rule.

Peace out!

Comment

• Oh... and ART... thanks to ART I am sinus infection free only 2 days after Dr. Lake stuck her finger in my mouth. Alternative medicine FTW.

Comment

• And the ability to accept/acknowledge when I've goofed.

Comment

Working...
                                X