No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Dr. Lake today. She did some crazy stuff with the roof of my mouth and that jackhammer like tool chiropractors sometimes use to my cheeks and did some manual massage on my head and neck. Feeling better in the sinus region already. Nose is clear, pressure is gone, and things started draining right away. You're right about the tea!!

She and I discussed me getting back on track with Primal... I'm on and off every other day. It's getting ridiculous. Not sure why I'm having so much trouble sticking with it - maybe it's the looming holidays - a kind of Thanksgiving is going to ruin it so why bother now kind of thing, maybe.

That lack of commitment is why I'm sick right now - I know it. If I were eating properly, I doubt I'd be fighting the sinuses.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I forgot to tell you guys... With Brady's report card, we got a note from a teacher that she will be taking Brady and putting him in the Talented and Gifted program at the school. He and a few of his classmates will meet every week for an hour to study math and language arts at an elevated level to more adequately meet their needs. She said "official" placement will take place in 3rd grade, so I guess this is just a "try it out and see if they're ready" stage. This is exciting to me.

Also his report card listed he was doing outstanding on most of the things graded on, with only a few satisfactories and one or two "needs work". He's such a smart little shit. lol And based on his sister's "report card", she's following right behind in his footsteps. Her only "needs work" category was sorting... apparently she's not quite sure what that means, so we'll be working on that at home. One of our books talks about colors and she's always wanting to read it. On each page, it gives a little rhyme and then said "what other items in the room are red" and she'll pick them out. This I think will help her sort things - she's sorting for red in this instance. So we'll continue to work on things like that. Her teacher says she's very smart and is having no trouble with the lessons - a bit lazy at times stating that she can't do something (i.e. write her name) but as soon as they exclude her from a group activity (like centers - free play), she'll quickly do what she's supposed to do with no trouble. She's such a turd.

Comment

• They both sound like their mama: a little too smart for their own good and efficient, if a little TOO efficient (i.e. why should I bother writing my name if I don't get anything out of it?)
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Yep. lol

Brady is like me in that he gets in trouble for reading his book in class too. I used to get in trouble for that all the time. I'd read ahead or read something leisurely after completing my assignment. It was a frequent complaint from my teachers. But, hey, the joy of reading is important for future classes, right?

Speaking of reading... the whole editor thing isn't panning out yet. Still have yet to land a job. I've put in quite a few proposals and I get passed up each time. It's frustrating. Glad I don't actually NEED a job...

Comment

• I used to get in trouble for that, too. I vividly recall a teacher asking me to put my phone away in Calculus class in high school.
            "It's not a phone."
            "Well, what is it?" I waved my copy of The Stand at her.
            "If you really want something scary, look at your grade if you keep reading in class."
            I had a 3rd grade teacher that actively encouraged me to read in class because I was so far ahead of everyone else. I had a history teacher that said it at least had to be related to what we were studying in class. I think my favorite (and one I'll use) was "Give me an example of physics in action in the book."
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• There are a lot of instances of physics working in the divergent series.

Speaking of reading... again... I'm reading the Matched trilogy. It starts out REALLY slow and takes a bit to grab my attention, but then it sped up and has been captivating. I'm half way through the third book already. lol

Comment

• Sinus headache is back, but I can productively blow my nose again, so that's nice. But I still don't feel well.

3 miles on the training plan today. Running with Anna again. I hope this cold/sinus thing doesn't slow me down too much.

Brad ordered some 18/10 stainless steel pans as his 5 year gift from P&G. They shipped yesterday. I'm so excited! $100 pan set fr free!!

He asked for my resume. He wants to turn it in to the HR office at his plant and ask them to consider me if something comes up that I'd be qualified for. It must bother him that I'm a secretary with a master's degree and there's no where for me to go here. He suggested I find something else when the second furlough happened. My question is when I'd be able to run if I got a different job. Working here, I'm given my 30 minute lunch plus my 2-10 minute breaks to use over lunch. I don't know that any other company would offer the same commitment to fitness. Additionally, Dr. Lake is in Davenport... working in Iowa City would prevent me from being able to see her anymore. There are no ART providers in Iowa City. *sigh* I think I need to stay here.

Comment

• I found out there's a possibility my medical discharge could be changed to a medical retirement - I'm not sure of the details yet, though. I saw a rather vague article on Facebook posted by a Veteran's Representative at the University of Iowa. I'm researching it. The article said those discharged after 9/11 but before December 2009 with a rating of 20% or less could be reevaluated and offered medical retirement from the Armed Services. I was awarded a VA rating of 50%, so I should qualify right? I sent an email to the email address in the article to inquire.

Retirement would award me TRICARE health coverage and access to the PX and Commissary. Working on post, you have no idea how convenient it would be to be able to use the Commissary! I'm not sure if I'd be eligible for retirement pay b/c I was National Guard and things are funny when you consider retirement in the Guard (since you're not full time and all that) and I'm not really looking for any more money. The VA disability I get is fine - and I'm not sure I'd be able to collect both anyway - usually one government benefit is all you get... what I'm really looking for is to be able to say I RETIRED as opposed to saying I was discharged.

I'm waiting ever so impatiently for the email response... But I suspect they're swamped since this is a huge deal for those of us medically discharged when we really didn't want to get out - at least, I didn't. I loved being in the Army.

Got my response. Because I didn't go through the Physical Evaluation Board to get my discharge, I am not eligible for the retirement option. Oh well...

Went out for a 3 mile run and only completed 2.6. The lateral part of my lower legs (not the shin and not the calf - the area between that) started to burn bad again. There's a tiny muscle in that area and it will often pinch a nerve. Dr. Lake has worked on this area of my leg before. The nerve runs through this area and then into the top of the foot. So when this area on my leg starts to burn, I start to pay attention and when it works into my foot, I know what it is. The muscles then feel like they're not working (they are, but they feel weak - like I can't lift my foot). The only relief I've found is to massage the area a bit and if that doesn't work, see Dr. Lake. I just LOVE it when things fall apart the day AFTER I've seen her. Why couldn't this have been bothering me before yesterday??? Geesh. She's closed on Wednesdays, and Thursday and Friday are "holidays" - I don't think she's open on Friday anyway... I guess I could call and find out. If she's not, then I can't see her til Monday, and there are 3 runs between then and now that will all suck if this nerve isn't made happy again. Maybe I'll ask her if it's something that can be fixed through rolling the muscles.

And for the record, it was colder than a bitch out for that 2.6 miles. 30 degrees and windy as hell!

Comment

• You have more stamina and go power with your physical activity than most anyone on this forum! You just don't quit even when it would be so easy to do so!!!

I haven't been working out because of the pain in my shoulders......... but I'm not at all sure why that keeps me off the treadmill!
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion
                    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I need to carve out some time to get caught back up on Canio's and Panda's journals. Those are two journals I have to read every day or I get so far behind that it's overwhelming to think of getting caught back up... y'all need to stop talking so much! lol

EDIT: I got excited thinking I was only 5 pages behind, but quickly realized I'm FIFTEEN pages behind on Canio's journal... I'll get all caught up right before the holiday and fall 15 pages behind again... lol
                      Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-26-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                        You have more stamina and go power with your physical activity than most anyone on this forum! You just don't quit even when it would be so easy to do so!!!

I haven't been working out because of the pain in my shoulders......... but I'm not at all sure why that keeps me off the treadmill!
                        Thanks, Tomi. I'm pretty proud of my dedication and commitment to my fitness. I can't seem eat right to save my life, but by George, I'll get out there for that run no matter what. lol

Comment

• I gave up on trying to keep up with certain journals. They just move too fast! I try to stay off the computer on the weekends so come Monday I'm usually in last place on everything! I just pick up and go from where I came in on the conversation.
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion
                          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                            I can't seem eat right to save my life,
                            Well I was feeling kinda bad thinking that I was the only one having trouble with this...but now more & more I'm reading others are struggling too. Nice to know I'm not the only one.
                            Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• My problem is the holidays... I know I shouldn't blame it or use the holidays as an excuse b/c I know I CAN eat primally/paleoly (hahaha new word!!) if I truly try... but the fact of the matter is that I won't try. I know I won't so there's no sense in even saying I will TRY to eat paleoly (hehehe) when I know I won't do it... so that mentality breaks into "well, if I'm going to be subjected to gluten and bad oils and sugar on Thursday, why would I bother to be perfect today?" and thus starts the viscious cycle of poor eating... except this cycle doesn't just start the week prior to Thanksgiving and Christmas, it starts the the MONTH prior to Thanksgiving - and I don't mean November 1st...I mean OCTOBER 1st... it's really something I need to work on... at least, if nothing else, I'm acknowledging it. *shrug*

So, yes... I'm eating like shit. And I feel like shit as a result. My gut is unhappy. My belly is bloated. My face is fat. My jeans don't fit. I have that awesome muffin top again b/c my jeans are too tight. I'm fighting illnesses. And I'm up 16 lbs... ALL of this... ALL *wildly waving arms to indicate ALL* of this is my own damn fault and of my own making. I accept it. I own it. I acknowledge it.

No one said "Hey let's order pizza" and forced it down my throat. They said "Hey let's order pizza" and I said "Already dialing".

Next month, I am at least going to stick to low carb while I wait for Christmas to come along. That should be easy enough. I'll follow the paleo rules and eat low carb. Not sure why I'm saying I'm going to do this knowing Christmas is just around the corner, but inside me is really pushing for this, so maybe it's what I need to start the detox process before Christmas rolls around. (Or maybe I'm in denial that Christmas is even coming since I have yet to start my Christmas shopping... EEEEK!)

I seriously need to get on the stick ref Christmas shopping... Like really really really need to. I have the money set aside... so I can't use that as an excuse. I just haven't started yet. Don't even have a clue what to get anyone either, so that might be part of the problem... lol Once I get started, I know I'll knock it out in no time... but getting started is the hardest part.

Comment

• Damn MDA's one private message sent in a 5 minute span rule!! What if I get private messages from more than one person? I can't respond to them both unless I wait the alloted "300 seconds" between messages... Ugh... stupid. I understand the purpose - prevents spamming people's inboxes, but when I'm REPLYING to a message sent to me, there shouldn't be a wait... just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                                X