Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. That is exciting!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      I have absolutely no doubts in my mind whatsoever that you have got this in the bag, Jenn!
      You have just become my favorite person, Tasha! Thank you for that.

There are only 18 weeks left until the race. That means, training should have started two weeks ago. lol Mileage ramps up quickly, but that should be ok since I have such a good solid base mileage under my belt. This weekend, I'm supposed to run 6 miles.

There are only three runs on the training schedule that worry me - the 16 miler, the 18 miler and the 20 miler. After doing 15 miles, I know I can do 16 with no worries, and I think I could eek out another 3 miles to do 18. And since I'll be training with a walk/run method, I think I'll be ok. The time that it'll take to do said runs is what worries me the most. But, it's only three times that I'll be gone that long. But, walk/run obviously takes more time that just flat out running... so, who knows. Maybe I'll aim for running the whole distances - and then doing walk/run at the race. Given that this race has a 14 mile hill climb, there'll be a bit of walking for sure.

Oh and I'll be doing a lot of my training at Wildcat Den (where I did the 25k - 15.5 miler a week ago) so I can tackle said 14 mile hill...
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Dang, a marathon huh? That is crazy, uh, I mean awesome...yeah... >.>

Seriously though, you will rock that sh*t!

Comment

• Awesome, Jen! You can do EET!
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• First MARATHON training run is complete. 3.1 miles at a 10:36 pace. It felt good to run - except I need to pick up my feet. I tripped on my own feet 3 times! lol

Ordered new shoooozzzzz. I ordered two pairs of minimalist runners. I'm not brave enough to run 26.2 in vibrams just yet. And I'm definitely not brave enough to do it through the winter or on the desert floor. So, I ordered a pair of these in the bright pink and yellow and a pair in black and pink. I plan to alternate the pairs between runs and once marathon training is done, I'll have two pairs of kick ass shoes to wear around.

I ordered them from New Balance instead of 6pm b/c New Balance has a better return policy (they'll actually let me USE the shoes before I determine whether or not they'll work for me). They're $12 a pair more than at 6pm.com, but I found a 10% discount and free shipping offer at Upromise.com (plus I get 5% back towards my kids' college fund by buying through uPromise), so I went there for them. I only ended up paying $8 extra for the better return policy.

I'm so freaking excited guys. I'm nervous, anxious, scared shitless, and excited all in one.

Here's the website for the race if you want to read up on what I'll be doing for my very first ever marathon.

I have officially stepped into the realm of crazy runner girl.

Comment

• Oh, yeah, that course is no joke. Not that you won't kick it's ass but dang, way to jump into the deep end

Comment

• Off the high dive even! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  Off the high dive even! lol
                  Indeed. I talk about doing the ruck march every year then talk myself out of it. You're going to run the damn thing...that is f'ing impressive.

Comment

• Wow. What a cool course. So proud of you!
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I don't think I'd survive the ruck march. I get shin splints when I try to march/walk fast. I hated ruck marching when I was in basic b/c my shins would get soooo angry! They'd BURN so badly. I still cannot mall walk. lol

Comment

• Quick update on the holiday party.

Here are the activities we will be having:

Ugly sweater contest
                        Most festively dressed (last year, we had a guy in green pants and a red sweater that he installed battery operated christmas lights into and hung ornaments from. It was hysterical!

Holiday cherades (sp??), scavenger hunt, trivia, 12 days of Christmas (each table will be assigned one day to sing, i.e. table one gets the first day of Christmas - lyrics can be changed at will - last year it was VERY football themed b/c our commander was an Eagle's fan).

One of my ticket sellers has already sold all his tickets. He literally had them only about 15 minutes before he was hunting me down to turn in the money. He only had 10 tickets, but based on all the complaints we'd been getting about price, we weren't expecting a mad rush on ticket sales, so he shocked me. Now I have to print him more tickets. lol

I think it'll be fun. And the menu is awesome. Not primal by any stretch, but awesome still. Take a look:

Beef tips with sautéed mushrooms and onions
                        Stuffed Chicken Breast with wild rice topped with wine sauce
                        Award Winning Stuffed Pork Loin with gravy

Baby Red Potatoes with butter and parsley
                        Green Bean Casserole

Tossed salad with dressing
                        Pasta Salad
                        Cucumber and Tomato Salad with fresh basil

Coffee, Tea & Water
                        Cash bar

My mouth is watering over that pork loin! lol

Comment

• Jenn - you never fail to impress me on the things you decide to take on and I know you'll completely slay this marathon! I'm so freakin' excited for you! You have a LOT of backing and positive energy moving you forward!

Train on girlfriend!
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion
                          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Ugh... some kind of something is trying to take hold in my nose/head. I woke up with half my nose completely stuffed, a mild sinus like headache and a sore throat (post nasal drip?). I broke out the netipot first thing and cleared things out, then used my Omnaris to start working on the inflammation. Might take some ibuprofen for the slight headache. Brewed up some KE tea. Hoping this cocktail of activity will help.

My neck is stiff so I'd like to go see Dr. Lake. I rotated my neck just right to stretch it out and my nose started to drain again... danged netipot solution is still up in there, I guess, despite blowing my nose 100 times afterwards. Heck, a neck adjustment might even help the sinuses. Things are connected in crazy ways!

Potluck at work today. I made green bean casserole using a hodge podge of recipes. I made my own cream of mushroom binder using arrowroot, mushrooms, milk, cream, butter and sauteed onions. Then I made my my own french fried onions using a recipe I found on the interwebz. They are freaking good, guys! OMG. So yum! I also made chicken parmesan for dinner last night. It was yummo too.

Speaking of recipes. I find that I'm using other people's recipes only as a general guideline for making food. For instance, I found a recipe for cream of mushroom soup and I've adapted it as I go. I don't like arrowroot for the consistency it gives gravies and sauces (it's kind of stringy like if you were to put paste between your fingers and pull them apart - it binds more than cornstarch and flour do), so I thought maybe I'd add some cream this time to help thicken without needing all that arrowroot (or tapioca b/c it does the same thing). My chicken parm recipe is adapted too. It makes me think that I'm slowly becoming a confident cook - that I'm learning what things to add to improve flavor (adding sauteed onions to the green bean casserole for some flavor depth, for instance - it was kind of bland before). It excites me! I don't plan on getting good enough to write a cookbook or anything, but I do like the idea of being able to throw together meals and know it'll taste good.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                              Jenn - you never fail to impress me on the things you decide to take on and I know you'll completely slay this marathon! I'm so freakin' excited for you! You have a LOT of backing and positive energy moving you forward!

Train on girlfriend!
                              Thanks, Tomi. I'm really excited about it. The 7 mile long hill and the 4 miles of sandy trail are worrisome to me, but we have some pretty steep places around here that I can hill train on... I just won't be able to train for the actual hill b/c I don't think we have anything that has a 1500 ft elevation (150 seems to be the tallest hills we have around here), and we don't have much for sandy trails unless I do some running on sandbars - which won't be possible by March. And it'll be winter here during my training so I won't be able to fully train for the event, which is why I'm not placing a time goal. If I could place a time goal, I'd aim for 5 hours, but given the terrain and the climate, I'll be happy with 6.

I'm really excited and can't wait.

Comment

• You go, Jenn! Running and cooking both!

I've been cooking for about 46 years (started when I was 10, mom worked till 7pm), and most of the time I "wing it" when it comes to cooking. For a few more complicated things I'll follow the recipe the first time I make it, but after that it's my own version. Sweetie says, "that was great, make it again!" and I'm like: "... uh... I'll try..." Luckily, he likes everything I make!

Being able to just throw together a few things and have it taste good is a valuable skill for a working mom! Pat yourself on the back!

Comment

Working...
                                X