No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Photobucket keeps freezing on me... grrrr....
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Photobucket is really starting to irritate me...

Comment

• Jenn...in the calculator thing you gave the link for, it asks for protein %'s, fat & carb %'s...what did you use for those? I have no clue. I went back & tried to find if Mark had a guideline but couldn't find anything. Only thing I found was a recommendation on the amount of carbs in grams to stay within. I'm sure it's somewhere but can't put my eyes on it. Any one else can answer too of course. Thanks
        Last edited by theprimalcajun; 11-08-2013, 04:27 PM.
        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• It doesn't matter for the sake of the calculations, but generally you want protein and fat to be higher than carbs. You can pick your own percentages. When I did mine, I said 40/40/20.

Comment

• Gotcha...thanks!!

Comment

• Happy Veterans day... thanks for your service.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Happy Veterans day... thanks for your service.
                ^Echoing what the gentleman said. Thank you for your service

Comment

• Thank you, Jenn, for your service to the United States of America.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Damn, Jon an doc keep beating me to it. Thank You for your service, Jenn
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      Damn, Jon an doc keep beating me to it. Thank You for your service, Jenn
                      Think of it as saving the best until last. It will make you feel better

Comment

• Ditto to all of the above!
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Add my thanks to Jenn & Canio & Hulky & everyone else here that is military, for y'all's service & sacrifice to our country.

Comment

• Thanks for your service, Jenn!

Comment

• Oh guys... what is wrong with me. I am having a heck of a time sticking to the primal rules. I won't go into details, just know it hasn't been pretty. I went off course this weekend, starting Friday and haven't gotten back on course yet.

I know the LR will help me immensely, if I let it. I can't sit here and whine that it's so hard and that I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I just need to get back on track and do what I know is right. So, I picked up some Body Fortress protein powder this weekend. I plan to drink a shake, eat two boiled eggs and 3 slices of bacon each morning for breakfast (LR style), a primal lunch (if I'm hungry) and a primal dinner. *IF* I choose to snack (which is against the rules of the LR, technically) I will choose a primal snack option.

Today I am off work (Yay Veteran's Day) so I'm moving a lot. I've done a lot of laundry and dishes and will be tidying up around the house, getting an oil change in the new car (which Brad thinks has "break in oil" in it and needs to be changed), washing the car, and then going through the stack of stuff the kids brought home from school - keeping the really good art projects, maybe a couple of A+ assignments and then getting rid of the rest of it. That will be my flylady 15 minute declutter for the day - which will help to clear off that counter in the kitchen. I'd like to also tidy the kids' bedrooms, but I don't know that it'll happen today.

Something else I could do is take the box of books up to the library, let them pick out what they want and then take the rest to Goodwill (with the Goodwill trip happening another day).

I posted an ad on Craigslist hoping to sell the cap, gown and hood from graduation. I paid $100 for it and am trying to sell it for $75. Hopefully someone will be thrilled about the $25 savings and snatch it up. Graduation season is upon us!

Anyway, I won't get any this stuff done if I continue to sit here and talk about it. I hope all the veterans are enjoying their special day, and those that service veterans are enjoying their time off.

Comment

• The great vaccine debate is going on on IPMG if anyone is interested in reading some arguing... *smh* I'm staying away from that one. My kids were both vaccinated, my kids both came out of it unscathed. I didn't find Paleo and the anti-vaccine movement until after it was too late to not vaccinate my kids. The only thing I can do now is avoid the flu shot - which so much research says doesn't work anyway... I'm not sure anything works better than washing our hands and covering our coughs/sneezes anyway. An unsterile house also helps.

I sent the link for my cap and gown to the advisor for the MOL program at St. Ambrose. She sent the link to all of the students who will be graduating this December. Hopefully it generates some calls. $75 in the pocket would be nice. Especially after our expensive weekend. Yikes!

Shins are in EXCRUCIATING pain. They've not worked so hard in a long time. Hips are also in a great deal of pain - but only initially upon standing/moving. After I've been moving a bit, they loosen up and feel better. Just stiff initially. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

This soreness I'm experiencing is a bit different than the typical soreness. This feels like borderline injury. I think I was well within my capacity to run 15.5 miles... but, I think the course I chose to run it on was a bit out of my league. I'm not INJURED, but if I had gone on to do another 5k like my mind wanted me to do, I would have ended up injured. But, I was smart enough to stop and as a result I will survive. Just need to take this week off to rest up.

I burned 4000 calories on Sunday so I'm in refeed mode. I'm hoping the LR breakfast will be enough to keep me from eating anything and everything I can find, and thus prevent me from running out of food today.

Brad was given the link to a website from work where he was to go and pick out a 5 year anniversary gift. He sent me the links I looked through it. There were some nice gifts in there. He was looking at an air compressor, but wanted my opinion. I found a set of 18/10 stainless steel pans and mentioned that I'd like those, or the $100 charcoal smoker. Both would be awesome. He seemed interested in the pans too. I told him the decision is his since he put the time in to earn the gift, but secretly I'm hoping he chooses the pans b/c his dad has an air compressor we can use if we need one. This is the pan set: Amazon.com: WearEver A834S974 Cook and Strain Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe 10-Piece Cookware Set, Silver: Kitchen & Dining

One last thing: I'm up to 184 this morning. I know some of it is inflammation from the running, but a lot more of it is bad eats. I am going to do my damnedest to stay the course and behave myself this week so I can get back on track. I have two weeks before our first Thanksgiving feast (which will be pulled pork sandwiches and other stuffs - pretty navigatable). I could easily shed a few pounds of water weight before that time. I just have to WANT it badly enough. The fact that none of my clothes fit that well anymore is a sure sign that I'm going the wrong direction and I need to get back on track now.

And I'm pretty sure I'll be doing a Whole30 in January...

Comment

Working...
                                X