No announcement yet.

My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been there done that with the damn overdraft fees. What really pisses me off when it's like a $7 check...but the OD fee is $35! lol. Oh well it happens to everybody at one time or the other...unless one keeps thousands of dollars in ones account. Personaly I don't trust the banks enough to keep that much in an account all the time (not that I have that much to leave in all the time!). I pay bills & proof it's all gone anyways. I'm lucky if there's $20 left in the account at the end of our two pay days.

Happy Halloween!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I'm there too, PC. We have $56 of excess after working through the budget and setting aside the money we need for groceries, fuel, etc, and paying bills. But $56 is more than we're used to having, so I'll take it.

We need to go back to the cash system so we can "realize" our savings. By Brad taking my old car and getting better fuel mileage out of it (he takes highway to work instead of interstate), he's saving on gas. This new car has a more efficient engine, so I'm saving on gas every week too. If we used cash, we'd see how much we're actually saving on fuel and could put it aside. I think we'll start doing that. Maybe we can use the extra money for dinner or something. Catching Fire is coming out in theaters later in November and I'd like to see it... we could use the money for that.

Speaking of dinner... Brad is hitting his 5 year anniversary with Procter & Gamble this month. For his 5 year anniversary, they tell him to take his family out for dinner. The budget is $200 or something similar. So he's taking all of us (me and the kids, his parents, my parents, and others) out for Texas Roadhouse. He's just supposed to charge the dinner to the company credit card and the company picks up the tab (less alcohol - obviously they won't pay for alcohol). I'm not sure how he expects to get a table for 15 people at Texas Roadhouse... Call ahead seating only works so well and they don't take reservations... it'll be interesting.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• That's nice that P&G would do that! I love the ribs at Roadhouse! Haven't been there in so long!

I think in this day & time a lot of us are living paycheck to paycheck. And praying that we keep getting said paycheck!! So many are not so fortunate. I read a staggering statistic yesterday...49.something % of the country is on some kind of govt assistance. That's just shy of half the population!!! How is that going to continue to be sustainable?? What's gonna happen when the money runs out? Makes me nervous as hell. Especially as we worry that hubby's employer at some point will have to close. It's a very tiny company & they are hanging on by their fingertips as it is.

Oh well. It'll be what it'll be. Worrying about it just adds to daily stress...& none of us needs that.
        Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Quick 2.5 mile run with a buddy from my Army days. She got an assignment on post with the Warrior Transition Unit (associated with Wounded Warriors - an amazing program that was much needed) and asked if she could run with me over lunch. We used to be assigned to the same unit and then she left to join the reserves b/c they had an education program that would get her through nursing school and get her commissioned as an Army officer when she finished. We reconnected on Facebook about a year ago and learned we were both running the same half marathon (the first one I did this year). We chatted there and I learned she was coming to Rock Island. It's kind of cool how many of the people I used to serve with work here on the Island now in some capacity or another.

We ran in the rain, which was cool, and did some catching up. We run the same pace, which is nice. Aside from her, all of my running friends move at a faster pace than me. My legs are feeling it though, after doing squats yesterday and running today. It's a nice sore feeling, but I wonder if I'll be able to walk without groaning tomorrow. lol

Comment

• Holiday party planning is well underway. I love doing this stuff.

Comment

• Woohoo! I can't wait until we get news on our end of year holiday party. I didn't go last year because of Hulky's broken foot, but I'm hoping we can go this year & maybe stay at the hotel for the night.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• So Brady hurt a child at daycare. It was an accident but he caused a dislocation of a little girl's elbow. This obviously resulted in expenses for the family. It was an accident but could have been prevented if he hadn't been playing so rough with her (he was dragging her across the floor by the hands as part of some pretend thing they were doing).

I don't know how to handle this. We tell him ALL. THE. TIME. to stop being physical with his friends and to keep his hands to himself. He scolded, separated and placed in time out for it frequently at home and told he's going to hurt someone with all his rough play. Now he's done it and I don't know what to do, think or say.

I have talked to the girl's mom and she said the girl is fine, will be fine, amd it's no big deal - just a kids being kids thing, but I still feel really really bad about it.
                Last edited by jenn26point2; 10-31-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sure what you can do to be honest. Some kids just play rough. It doesn't sound like he is bullying or being malicious or mean. He's a boy and plays rough. Perhaps get him involved in a hands-on sport - wrestling, martial arts, some rodeo type thing - something where he gets to be physical (outside of just running around).

Comment

• Yikes, I can see how you would be stressing. But the little girl will be fine. Just be thankful for that. Does your SIL know about your concerns with rough play?

Comment

• I think Canio is onto something with the physical sports thing --- wrestling could be a great outlet for his need to be rough.
                      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion
                      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• We tried wrestling and he thought it was ok to do WWE moves, so we didn't let him go back - plus we didn't want him involved in that type of crowd. The wrestling crowd is not our type of people - they get too competitive too soon - forcing their children to cut weight and all that stuff at a very very young age. Plus, the wrestlers we've had experiences with are asses and we don't want our son to be an ass.

He played football recently - really liked that - but the season was really really short.

I definitely blame SIL/MIL for part of this - they should have stopped the play from occurring. Brady was just being Brady and it was their job to make sure that all the kids are safe. SIL was pretty upset about it - this was the first time a child was hurt under her care so it really hit her hard - especially since said little girl is family (her cousin's youngest child - so Brady's cousin).

The little girl is ok, and her mom is ok with what happened. I told her I was really sorry that it happened and she said that it was kids being kids and not to worry about it. I still feel bad though. Her child was hurt by my child, ya know?

Anyhow, we had a chat with Brady about how he needs to settle down and be less rough with his friends b/c some of his friends are little and aren't as strong as him and get hurt more easily than he does. I know he's upset about what happened. Hopefully, this will teach him that being rough isn't the best way to play.

Comment

• How about some sort of tumbling or gymnastics class? Vigorous physical activity + learning body control.

Comment

• I'm seriously considering a LR. I'm looking at protein powders so I can make it work the right way - Mark's formula is winning the battle so far. If I'm going to go the route of a protein powder, I don't want to compromise the primal ideals by allowing soy or other questionable items in. I looked at Shakeology but it is SO expensive at $129 for 30 servings. Mark's is $69 for 30 servings. That's $2.30 a serving. Pretty decent price, considering the "cleanliness" of it. I may actually end up ordering a smaller container to test it out for taste before I jump into the 30 serving container. I'm opting for the vanilla one.

I just need to re-read the LR fundamentals and get back on track with it. I figure I can do the LR now til Thanksgiving, play the dinners by ear, and continue on with LR like nothing has happened b/c it's not like I have to be super strict (like with W30 or something) and the high protein breakfast will help to curb my grazing tendencies (that's the hope anyway).

I will also likely track my meals during this time frame.

The one thing I won't do per the rules is skip the exercise. I'm still going to lift heavy and I'm still going to run. I have a half coming up that I'm not willing to bail on and I want to really work on my figure again, so the weight training stays.

I'm not really looking to lose weight, per se, so much as I'm looking to get the sugar consumption back under control without the crazy restrictions of a Whole30. And if LR works for me the way it does for everyone else, it's sustainable for a longer period of time that I can keep up with and maybe I won't get back into the sugar habit, ya know? And, of course, with a proper diet, my weight will fall off on its own.

I'm going to re-read his blog posts on it and see what inspiration I can pull. But first, I need to get my Primal Fuel ordered... (I looked at Amazon thinking it might fall under Prime... it doesn't. If you order, order directly from Mark, the shipping is free... Amazon charges $10 for shipping - YIKES)

Scratch that... Mark charges $10 for shipping too, unless you do the autoship option... I don't want to autoship if I'm not sure I'll like the way it tastes... *sigh* Why does shipping have to be so danged expensive???

Wait... wtf? why is there maltodextrin in his protein powder??? That's corn! WTH? And there's sucrose... and guar gum... and natural flavors... what the hell are you doing, Mark???
                            Last edited by jenn26point2; 11-01-2013, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Amazon.com: Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound: Health & Personal Care

Optimum Nutrition is one of the best ones I found when I was doing protein powders for breakfast. Jay Robb uses stevia for sweetener IIRC.

Amazon.com: NOW Foods Whey Protein Isolate Pure, 1.2 -Pounds: Health & Personal Care

Add your own flavoring. The soy lecithin is going to be in pretty much anything you get. I don't think it's enough to rule them out, IMO.

I hate Primal Fuel and Mark's supplements. They're not quality at all, IMO.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm finding soy lecithin in everything... *sigh*

I was just looking at the Optimum Nutrition one you listed - vanilla. I have a smoothies "cook"book at home that I'll probably utilize and add the protein powder to it. $28 for 2 lbs seems reasonable, 28 servings... That's $1 per serving... might be worth the look. It appeared when I filtered for organic, so maybe the soy that's in it is at least organic and won't be GMO frankensoy...

Comment

Working...
                                X