Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    He plays Gail... not Gabe. lol
    Right, that one haha. Just saw a friend named Gabe this weekend.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Didn't recognize him with the dark hair. Besides, I prefer Chris.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
        Didn't recognize him with the dark hair. Besides, I prefer Chris.
        Me too, but who knew Chris had a hot younger brother??
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Miley Cyrus
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Jenn - I did great up until last night when nephew and his GF brought over pie and ice cream. I ate a rather large piece of apple pie - didn't even taste that great - I just craved dessert so I ate it! I felt queasy all night. If I could kick myself in the ass I would!

Sometimes its all about the starting over.............. Here's to a great run until Thanksgiving!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Thanks, Tomi. Pie sounds way more appealing than the birthday cake I had.

Comment

So, for those who have read the books and then seen the movie... did you notice that during the little video clip for why they do the Hunger Games that they mention 13 districts but there are only 24 tributes? Having read the book, I know about District 13, but I don't recall the author mentioning anything in the first book about 13 districts. Maybe I just don't remember it
                You might be right as it has been a while since I read the books and don't remember. However, it seems odd to me that it would not have been mentioned given that what happened with District 13 is what allows the capital to have control over the other districts.

Comment

• ^Damn, now I will have to read the books. Good thing I love reading.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

^Damn, now I will have to read the books. Good thing I love reading.
                    They are quick and easy so you'll blaze through them. BTW spoiler alert...3rd book sucks. (kidding)

Comment

• Jenn, I thought of another great series: The Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Marillier. It's kind of set in Ireland, kind of like a fairy tale in novel form. Fair warning: the first book (Daughter of the Forest) features a rape. I didn't like the third book as much, but the ones outside of the trilogy are really good as well. I think I read the first book of the Bridei Chronicles, another series of hers, but didn't like the setting as much.

And I don't remember if I said the Old Kingdom trilogy by Garth Nix, which starts with Sabriel. Hands down my favorite book ever.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Has anyone read the "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" by Donaldson? I read them as a teen and loved them. Not sure why as it is told from a man's POV. I will have to reread them.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Not sure why as it is told from a man's POV.
                          It's because men have the best POV. I am always telling K this. One day she might believe me.

and no, never read them.

Comment

• Canio, I'm surprised you read the Hunger Games, given it's from a teen girl's POV. Glad to know a guy has read them tho. Yeah, District 13... District 13 was a surprise. Now I have to read the series again... lol But first I need to get through Divergent and Insurgent again so I can read Allegiant. About half way through Divergent now. Once it's done, probably reading Hunger Games again.

BTW, Divergent's first movie comes out in March!!

Comment

Canio, I'm surprised you read the Hunger Games, given it's from a teen girl's POV. Glad to know a guy has read them tho. Yeah, District 13... District 13 was a surprise. Now I have to read the series again... lol But first I need to get through Divergent and Insurgent again so I can read Allegiant. About half way through Divergent now. Once it's done, probably reading Hunger Games again.

BTW, Divergent's first movie comes out in March!!
                              I generally avoid YA fiction unless K reads it first. I tend to be far more nit-picky about books so she only recommends ones that will not annoy me too much. I have no issues with female point-of-view or teen point-of-view as long as it makes sense. My issue with the Hunger Games is a spoiler so I wont say it out loud. Overall though it was worth reading.

Comment

• I have a one-minute skype interview some time between 1 and 2 to verify my identity for Elance.com. I put in proposals for a couple of jobs online - one is reading, proofreading and revising a gal's dissertation. She didn't know what to charge, so I was thinking 1-2$ a page. There were some really good admin jobs on there too, and I probably could have done some of them while working this job, but they require making and accepting calls and stuff, and I'm not sure I could keep that below the radar.

I was thinking about what I would do with the money I make doing these jobs - should I get any, and I think I'll either save for a rainy day or use it to pay down our debt more quickly. I haven't told Brad that I'm doing this. He knows that I'll be doing some newsletter and mailing list work for a friend in California for her wellness retreat (it's 100% paleo!!) and he knows she's going to pay me to do it, but we haven't discussed it further. She approached me during the last furlough.

I hope something comes of all this. I'm paying the subscription fee at Elance b/c I figure if I'm going to do this, I might as well go all in and make it worth the effort to fill out the profile and resume portions. I'll be more likely to score jobs if I have a paid membership (my profile will be placed higher on the list of available workers). Kind of like at Monster or CareerBuilder - your resume is placed higher in the search results if you pay for their services.

The site seems to be experiencing some issues so I don't know if I have any responses for proposals I put in. I keep getting an error message when I try to get to the website. I wonder if the app is working properly... Nope... app is down too.

Comment

Working...
                                X